fade

Staff member
You know what I find really odd? When people post used items on eBay for more than they're going for new on Amazon. I mean, it's minimum possible effort to check Amazon.

Some one keeps microwaving KFC in the break room just before break time then taking it away leaving only the wonderful smells behind.

Cajungal

Staff member
I've spent two days working with pre-k kids. I feel brain dead.
Whoooo whose were the most draining sub days for me. That and any completely exclusive special needs classroom. Once I had to change a 5-year-old's diaper. He was too strong for me, and it took 2 of us to keep his legs still. Shit everywhere. I definitely earned my pittance that day.

fade

Staff member
I'm having a moral dilemma, and my wife is no help. We adopted two cats, and they need to be fixed. The humane society here does it for $30. They even have a free day for males once a year, and it just so happens it's coming up in 2 weeks, and they have openings.

So, my wife thinks this is cool if no one has taken the slots. We're not hurting for money. In fact, we're doing quite well financially. So I'm having difficulty with the idea of taking a slot away from someone who needs it. I'm not even keen on the idea of getting the normal $30 one. It feels wrong, and I told her this. She disagrees, and thinks we should do it. What do you guys think?

GasBandit

Staff member
Ask the person at the humane society if their free day typically fills up, and if so, how far in advance. That way, if she says something like "they almost never fill up" you can take a slot worry free... if she says "we usually fill up X days in advance" you can call back after that threshold, and if there's still spots, snag one. Otherwise, pony up the 60 bucks if it makes you feel guilty to get it done for free.

I don't think it's wrong to get it done for $30 in any event.

Cajungal

Staff member
Every little bit helps. Take the free day, and if you feel super awful about it later, make a donation or ask if they'd do a "pay it forward" where you can give them 30$ to pay for the next person who comes in.

Well, all three dots are lit, and there's a number over 100, so... Extremely? I... I don't know, I have no idea what that app is or how it works and the picture is doing mean stuff to my brain matter.

List of annoyances today, I can't get the Professor Layton movie on Blu Ray without a damned region free player, and had to reformat my PS3, and I the damned orange stains on my water filter won't come out. But I got to the end of PL: The Last Specter so there is that.