I was fitted with a brace last week for my wrist after I injured it. So...I was told to wear it while I sleep. I wake up this morning and I evidently got up in the middle of the night, removed it and left it on the window sill. WTF?
Obviously your one hand doesn't know what the other is up to.

--Patrick

Today on my way to the store I was only half listening to the radio station's commercial break. That is until I thought I heard: "It's no fun when you run out of cocaine during a barbecue..."
Nope, it was propane.

B

BErt

Got a call from a number I don't know in NJ. Voicemail message is as follows:

[Lady's voice] "I guess the more seats you have in the outhouse, the richer you are. it's a status thing."

end of message.

Is this an actual saying that I'm not aware of? I'm confused. And a little scared.

[Lady's voice] "I guess the more seats you have in the outhouse, the richer you are. it's a status thing."

end of message.

Is this an actual saying that I'm not aware of? I'm confused. And a little scared.
The falcon flies at midnight!

Be sure to bring your gloves!

end of message.

I see you got my message. :D

(Just kidding. I don't have a clue what that's about.)

end of message.

Get out of the house. Only take what you can carry.

fade

Staff member
What is with SiriusXM's billing? I just talked them down from a $112 bill to $25 for the second time on the same receiver, and I'm not naive enough to believe I actually won anything. Which makes me wonder why customer retention is more important than money, and how they have so much room to wiggle. I can guess a number of reasons, like banking on word of mouth, and relying on the fact that most people just roll over and pay a bill they're given.

GasBandit

Staff member
What is with SiriusXM's billing? I just talked them down from a $112 bill to $25 for the second time on the same receiver, and I'm not naive enough to believe I actually won anything. Which makes me wonder why customer retention is more important than money, and how they have so much room to wiggle. I can guess a number of reasons, like banking on word of mouth, and relying on the fact that most people just roll over and pay a bill they're given.
Seems to me it's the same school of thought employed by insurance companies that deny all first attempts at claiming benefits just out of policy, even valid ones, on hopes some just accept it and drop the claim.