fade

Staff member
Maybe I was too old, but it always bugged me that the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers never actually morphed as far as I could see. They just changed clothes. And somehow gained unmovable mouths.

I remember my brother and I made a pre-digital era camcorder movie called the Mighty Morphine Power Rangers, which google tells me everyone else also came up with, unsurprisingly. Eh, it was good for a laugh, and my brother did manage to turn the whole pose dance into wrapping a tube around his arm and shooting up brilliantly.

Maybe I was too old, but it always bugged me that the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers never actually morphed as far as I could see. They just changed clothes. And somehow gained unmovable mouths.

I remember my brother and I made a pre-digital era camcorder movie called the Mighty Morphine Power Rangers, which google tells me everyone else also came up with, unsurprisingly. Eh, it was good for a laugh, and my brother did manage to turn the whole pose dance into wrapping a tube around his arm and shooting up brilliantly.
They eventually added a little kid to the team (starting with the movie... which I saw in theaters... don't judge me) who, when he morphed, turned into an adult sized ranger just like all the others.

Is there something in the constitution where every law the US Congress passes has to be an acronym? I remember that PIPA was an acronym, but also the first word, PROTECT was also an acronym, like some kind of matryoshka doll of acronyms.

Is there something in the constitution where every law the US Congress passes has to be an acronym? I remember that PIPA was an acronym, but also the first word, PROTECT was also an acronym, like some kind of matryoshka doll of acronyms.
Considering the (lack of) frequency with which people actually read through bills before they get passed, I assume that acronyming them is what they do to be able to remember what each one is (supposedly) about.

--Patrick

Which reminds me... today's the finale for Power Rangers: Super Megaforce, which is going to have the 100 Ranger Battle. Yeah, every ranger team ever is showing up in one episode, along with several of the original actors. It'll be probably suck... but I still kinda want to see it.

Then we get Power Rangers Dinocharge in spring, Super Dinocharge next year, and I'm REALLY hoping we get something based on Express Sentai ToQger after that because OMG it's the weirdest, best season ever.
I think I'll skip that one, there's only so many times a man can watch a show with a giant red robot dinosaur until it becomes repetitive.

You think that's bad? I have seen some ridiculous acronym usage since being married to someone in the military. I still have times when people ask me about things and I have no answer because I have never heard the acronym they used.

You think that's bad? I have seen some ridiculous acronym usage since being married to someone in the military. I still have times when people ask me about things and I have no answer because I have never heard the acronym they used.
It's like text-talking to a teenager! "IDK my BFF Jill is FUBAR so GTFO! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!"[DOUBLEPOST=1416686519,1416685958][/DOUBLEPOST]
I keep staring at 14, trying to think of what would fit. None of the memes I can remember do, and I'm REALLY sure it isn't "magic anus".

Cajungal

Staff member
Ooh, another great video posted for my class. Since I'm a teacher I'll use more PC language: this video is schoolhouse rock's "special needs" cousin.

Does Crunchyroll have like, an "Oldschool" package on their site? Most of the stuff they have is just from the past couple years, I was kind of hoping for a bigger database with stuff from the 80s and 90s.

Does Crunchyroll have like, an "Oldschool" package on their site? Most of the stuff they have is just from the past couple years, I was kind of hoping for a bigger database with stuff from the 80s and 90s.
the majority of it would require renegotiation for the streaming rights, the companies with the american rights for older titles dont have that kind of money or have their own service cough funimation cough cough.

the majority of it would require renegotiation for the streaming rights, the companies with the american rights for older titles dont have that kind of money or have their own service cough funimation cough cough.
There's also the fact that sometimes there's dispute on who holds the rights (Macross), the rights holder doesn't want to let people use it (Zatch Bell) or no one even knows who owns them anymore (Megas XLR).

UGH, fucking copy right. You make it so I can't play the game where Luffy can fight Goku, and you make it so I can't pay for an awesome old school Japanimation service! That's right, I'm bringin' back Japanimation.

When you're 12,
Al Bundy has a shit job, a shit car and a nagging wife.

When you're 32,
Al Bundy has a stable job, a three bedroom home and a hot wife that wants to have sex all the time.

fade

Staff member
Speaking of Katey Segal, if I die or develop incredible holophone skills, it's probably because the cheese stick I just ate was expired by 2 months. Tasted okay.

fade

Staff member
After watching some of the car crash compilations on YouTube, it seems like very often people fail to avoid a crash if they're not technically at fault. We can argue all day about victim blaming, but in a lot of these videos it looks like the "correct" driver is either just as oblivious as the at-fault driver. Or the cynic in me thinks they just want that insurance payout, and know they'll win.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Sometimes I feel like a fail at everything. I know that my self-loathing is just the opposite side of the narcissistic coin as egomaniac. I think I go around convincing others that I am shit until they believe it. I really do hate myself sometimes.

Sometimes I feel like a fail at everything. I know that my self-loathing is just the opposite side of the narcissistic coin as egomaniac. I think I go around convincing others that I am shit until they believe it. I really do hate myself sometimes.
For what it's worth, I believe in you.

That was my weekend. Fortunately I'm always curious as to what the next days are gonna be like, and so that keeps pulling me forwards.
I don't know if it helps you, but at least it can serve as a possibly useful example of how I deal with it.
Also, sometimes I wish quoting an Anonymous post would still somehow notify the original poster.

--Patrick

BELIEVE IN THE BONES THAT BELIEVES IN YOU!