GasBandit

Staff member
It's less than an ironclad rule because we often make commercials for artists who are performing here or having a CD release party or something, and in those we use their own (copyrighted music), so a stretched-thin harried GM might reasonably be understood to forget that the halloween party store selling "Ice princess" costumes that look like Elsa can't use Let it Go. As soon as the word "copyright" came out of my mouth I saw it click in his head, and the idea was dropped.

figmentPez

Staff member
Not going to lie... I would totally eat those. But I am also the mindless Fall pumpkin zombie that Wasabi railed against. Then again, I have never owned Uggs or an infinity scarf, and I know that leggings=/=pants, so I can indulge covertly. ;)
That's my box, and they're delicious. I also have pumpkin spice tea left over from hoarding it last year, and I have no regrets. I do regret eating all my pumpkin sweet rolls too quickly, but I'll be having some pumpkin butter on freshly baked bread later today.

So I ended up getting a response from the attempted buyer I mentioned earlier in a thread. Apparently I'm a dick for allowing eBay to repeatedly list my item, which did not hit my (reasonable) reserve price, because it had, "Passed the average sale price multiple times before."

So...yeah. Apparently I'm a dick for selling something for double what this guy was offering because his offer was the average sale price. Brain hurt.

So I ended up getting a response from the attempted buyer I mentioned earlier in a thread. Apparently I'm a dick for allowing eBay to repeatedly list my item, which did not hit my (reasonable) reserve price, because it had, "Passed the average sale price multiple times before."

So...yeah. Apparently I'm a dick for selling something for double what this guy was offering because his offer was the average sale price. Brain hurt.
You sold it to someone else because someone else was willing to pay more. You monster.

I love the smell of pumpkin but hate pumpkin pie. I also like plain coffee with no milk or sugar or frosting etc. Just plain. It's good. I don't get Starbucks and that's ok.

I do however love my Ugg knock offs. And I love me some leggings in the privacy of my own home/campsite/really long work flight without my boss on the same plane.

You sold it to someone else because someone else was willing to pay more. You monster.
I had something similar happen to me when i sold a microlathe on craigslist in Houston. A guy called me and said he wanted to come by the next day to see it. "And if I like it, maybe I'll buy it." He wanted to negotiate the price a bit after he had a chance to look at it.

20 minutes later, a guy who does robotics for the johnson space center called me up. He had an emergency need. His lathe crapped out and he had to get a part built over the weekend. He offered me about $200 more for my lathe than I even paid for it. So I sold it to the guy.

The first guy threw such a hissy fit. "We had a freaking deal!". Nope: You hedged your bets with all kinds of weasel words about how you might do this and you might do that. Your weaseling failed to meet the standards of a verbal contract, noob.

I had something similar happen to me when i sold a microlathe on craigslist in Houston. A guy called me and said he wanted to come by the next day to see it. "And if I like it, maybe I'll buy it." He wanted to negotiate the price a bit after he had a chance to look at it.

20 minutes later, a guy who does robotics for the johnson space center called me up. He had an emergency need. His lathe crapped out and he had to get a part built over the weekend. He offered me about $200 more for my lathe than I even paid for it. So I sold it to the guy.

The first guy threw such a hissy fit. "We had a freaking deal!". Nope: You hedged your bets with all kinds of weasel words about how you might do this and you might do that. Your weaseling failed to meet the standards of a verbal contract, noob.
Funny how that would never work in reverse. Like, if you wouldn't take his lowball offer, and he walked, you couldn't just start yelling "WE HAD A DEAL!"

Funny how that would never work in reverse. Like, if you wouldn't take his lowball offer, and he walked, you couldn't just start yelling "WE HAD A DEAL!"
That's pretty much my perspective too. Although part of me wonders if the guy understands averages and how they work...

This is another one I have no issue with. When I'm sitting in a coffee shop doodling, the parade of leggings bums that go by are an honest to God treat.
You are lucky, then. I've seen a lot of evidence why leggings should never be worn as pants. Oddly enough, most of the worst offenders I've see have been in NYC.

But then again, there are two kinds of leggings: the yoga pant/workout-thickness legging (which isn't so bad) and the "these clearly were meant to go under a tunic/skirt/etc." thinness. I don't understand how someone confuses the two, but then you get "People of Walmart".

You are lucky, then. I've seen a lot of evidence why leggings should never be worn as pants. Oddly enough, most of the worst offenders I've see have been in NYC.

But then again, there are two kinds of leggings: the yoga pant/workout-thickness legging (which isn't so bad) and the "these clearly were meant to go under a tunic/skirt/etc." thinness. I don't understand how someone confuses the two, but then you get "People of Walmart".
Which is probably why I sit around in an upscale coffee shop and not in a Walmart.

you are an good egg in my book WP. not enough grown adults are willing to admit to wearing anime attire.
Aussie and I have matching SnK shirts with the Survey Corps emblem on them. We were going to wear them this year to do a Run or Dye 5k on my birthday under the team name Wings of Freedom. I have another SnK shirt and one with Rin from Ao no Exorcist. I was going to get one from Sword Art, but it wasn't in my size. I even wear them in public.

Aussie and I have matching SnK shirts with the Survey Corps emblem on them. We were going to wear them this year to do a Run or Dye 5k on my birthday under the team name Wings of Freedom. I have another SnK shirt and one with Rin from Ao no Exorcist. I was going to get one from Sword Art, but it wasn't in my size. I even wear them in public.
if I could find fun anime ties for work I would so do it, that or if my fish hat was actually considered professional, :3. Other than that, i have some t-shirts, but I have always been bigger on button up shirts so I actually dont own very much in the way of anime shirts. sometime soon I am going to finish my photo-catalog of my anime collection so people can see how far I have taken this hobby. I only have up through G done so far due to the fact work has been crazy busy, and I am lazy as they come.

fade

Staff member
You know what trend I don't like? Making animated characters' noses red or pink. It just makes them look drunk or sick.

I'm getting far too much joy from the fact that half the attendees at the national food safety conference got food poisoning at said conference.

drawn_inward: I see sick people.
Malcolm Crowe: At the hospital?
[drawn_inward shakes his head no]
Malcolm Crowe: While you're at work?
[drawn_inward nods]
Malcolm Crowe: Sick people like, in Contagion? In Outbreak?
drawn_inward: Walking around like regular people. They don't seem to care that they are spreading their sickness to their co-workers. They don't know they're contagious.
Malcolm Crowe: How often do you see them?
drawn_inward: All the time. They're everywhere. I have a bad feeling about this.

Cajungal

Staff member
I heard an ad on Pandora for sexy costume sale. One of the costumes they mentioned was Lobster. Who would buy that? Didn't they think ahead about fishy smell jokes?