Shawnacy said:
I'm at work and my wife just texted me the following: "Nathan just projectile vomited over his bed and Loralei's bed. He woke Loralei up and now she's crying." Yup. I'm just not going home tonight. Rather be working.
That's kind of being an ass. ;)

I finally got to pick up my secret santa gift from the game design club. My secret santa got me one of these mouse pads.

NSFW

I'm honestly not sure how to feel about it. But(t) my wrist feels amazing.

I'm at work and my wife just texted me the following:

"Nathan just projectile vomited over his bed and Loralei's bed. He woke Loralei up and now she's crying."

Yup. I'm just not going home tonight. Rather be working.
We used to have bunk beds in my sons' room. My oldest son would throw up every time he visited his grandparents (my mother-in-law never threw out expired food). It would always spill down on the bottom bunk.

We used to have bunk beds in my sons' room.

I'm 30-done today. I also have what is likely swine flu (since it's the flu de jour this year).

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Just about shit my pants this morning and vomited all over the sink while I was avoiding shitting my pants. Thanks Nurgle, it's the best gift I could have hoped for.

I'm 30-done today. I also have what is likely swine flu (since it's the flu de jour this year).

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Just about shit my pants this morning and vomited all over the sink while I was avoiding shitting my pants. Thanks Nurgle, it's the best gift I could have hoped for.
If you're having flu symptoms along with vomiting and diarrhea, contact your doctor. You might actually have a campylobacter infection. I had this and got it cleared up fairly quickly with lots of antibiotics.

Just don't do like I did and keep calling it a chlamydia infection.

Overly-Suave I.T. Guy: You still use Internet Explorer; you must like it nice and slow!
Ladies, when I'm done, your interface with be GUI!
Is your name Google ...because you have everything I'm searching for!
Girl, come over to my 127.0.0.1 and I'll give you sudo access!
Please don't hesitate to call me if you ever need to get rid of a trojan!
Girl, I'm elevating your permissions; you may now access my D:!
Are your pants a compressed file ...because I'd love to unzip them!
Girl, are you sittin' on an F5 key, 'cause that a$$ is refreshing!
You say you have a trojan? I'm gonna need to take a look at that back door!
I hope you're an ISO file ...because I'd love to mount you!
That ass must be critical data 'cause I wanna back it up!
Girl, my servers never go down -- but I do!

From Al Lowe.

Every one I know has been sick with this flu the last few weeks, I knew my time was coming. I didn't get my shot in time.

Cajungal

Staff member

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

I'd "hug" you, but I don't wanna catch that. Feel better!

My memory is strong
Anyone not dying is dead
And baby it won't be long

I'll shut up and carry on
The scream becomes a yawn

This is why the bathtub/shower is always right next to the toilet.

To be fair, I've seen the act of someone choosing to vomit in the toilet instead of shit. My mother fainted when she walked in on the mess my brother made and I can still remember the smell. Seriously, @Frank made the right choice.

I've found my new favorite way to waste time!

My friends and I all downloaded Relay - a gif based texting app. You can text your friends entirely with gifs, without having to download the gifs, store them in your phone. And it has a huge database and...my day is shot. WEEEE!

I've found my new favorite way to waste time!

My friends and I all downloaded Relay - a gif based texting app. You can text your friends entirely with gifs, without having to download the gifs, store them in your phone. And it has a huge database and...my day is shot. WEEEE!
I should think so - I've seen your tumblrs. *grins*

My name is not actually Chad (shocking, I know), it's Leigh. At work, I've been in touch by email and phone recently with a fellow who is named Chad, but despite the fact that this is the only place I am referred to as Chad, I keep thinking other work people are talking about me when they mention this real-Chad.

My name is not actually Chad (shocking, I know), it's Leigh. At work, I've been in touch by email and phone recently with a fellow who is named Chad, but despite the fact that this is the only place I am referred to as Chad, I keep thinking other work people are talking about me when they mention this real-Chad.
When one of my best friends got married, his husband's name was Claude, but for some reason, no one in my family could remember that, so they kept accidentally calling him "Chad". This became, and continues to be, a running gag between my husband and I. Whenever we have a friend who gets married and we (almost always him, not me) forget the spouse's name, we just call them "Chad". (Also, not to their face, just in private.)

I'm supposed to go clubbing with friends tonight. And I was so excited for it yesterday. But this morning, I feel terrible and no longer want to go.

Guys, convince me I should go!!

I'm supposed to go clubbing with friends tonight. And I was so excited for it yesterday. But this morning, I feel terrible and no longer want to go.

Guys, convince me I should go!!
There's always a reason not to do something. I get, and I sympathise, trust me. Don't fall back on those reasons. Too easy, too lazy. (NB: Know your limits; sometimes there is a good reason to say no. For instance, I absolutely hate clubbing; if I were to go, I would not have a good time. I'd have the decorum not to complain or whine, but people will notice me not enjoying myself, and they'll perhaps worry or have a worse time themselves, which is unfair.)

My friend refers to 'activation energy.' The idea is that reading a fluff fiction book takes less activation energy (less will to convince yourself to do it) than, say, a textbook or 'higher' literature (I don't use 'higher' to suggest some superiority to one type of literature over another, but perhaps to indicate complexity). Staying home obviously takes less (no) activation energy than going for a walk, which takes less AE than going to meet friends (now you have to prep yourself to be social, for example). Now this will vary for a given person: it is harder for me to read fluff fiction than classic novels or history books, but the principal is the same.

But if you will have a good time, then push yourself to have the requisite activation energy to get excited about it. Do it in steps: do your hair; makeup. Try on an outfit. Get rid of it. Different underwear? Now the new outfit! Yes, better. But, let's try that other dress again. Now you look good, now you're feeling good about looking good, now you want to go share that with friends! Have a small drink before dinner, no pre-drinking-hammered kind of thing, just enjoy the flavour.

Sit down to read. Realise you can't, because you're restless and excited to go clubbing.[DOUBLEPOST=1390681830,1390681552][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yesterday I saw this headline in a reputable paper. I could not comprehend how they let this get published with this headline: World’s worst human finally arrested by the FBI. Is it a terrorist? Dictator? The Zodiac killer? It is not.

I've never DM'd before and I'm supposed to DM the redbox for my usual gaming group next Sunday. Starting to realize how unprepared I am and also that each of the people I will be DMing has themselves TONNES of experience behind the DM Screen.