I made a major boo-boo at work today and may have cost us one of our biggest and oldest clients. :(
I'm sure you would jump at the opportunity at this point, but sometimes an apology to the client goes a long way. Especially if your company has such a long-lasting history with them. I don't know what the specifics of the situation are, so it may not be the best advice for various problems. However I feel the best course of action, in most situations, will be to approach your management and discuss with them the best way to resolve this issue. Don't wait for them to approach you.

Cajungal

Staff member
I am so so bad at organizing. It frightens me. We're putting together presentations today so we can plan Executive Function expectations for grade levels that are reflected in our classwork/homework/long-term projects, and it's so hard looking back at my old records. This is something I really have to work on. Well... over halfway done.

I am so so bad at organizing. It frightens me. We're putting together presentations today so we can plan Executive Function expectations for grade levels that are reflected in our classwork/homework/long-term projects, and it's so hard looking back at my old records. This is something I really have to work on. Well... over halfway done.
So is this a bad time for me to go

but organisation is so FUN :D

?

Because I'm a huge nerd for organising things.

Cajungal

Staff member
So is this a bad time for me to go

but organisation is so FUN :D

?

Because I'm a huge nerd for organising things.
Then I wish you were here! I always need guidance with that sort of thing. I suspect that I needed some sort of intervention as a kid that I never received, because its a skill that just never developed all the way in me. I had a lot of teachers who just assumed we'd pick it up along the way. We train organizational skills purposefully here.

I oftentimes call people 'my love' when addressing them. I say it to my husband and close friends, which they seem to be okay with. But today, oh today, I almost slipped up and called my boss 'my love'! She called me from home, so when I answered the phone I was SOOO close to saying 'Hello my love!' UGhh...too close, too close.

My hands feel like ice right now, but I love my vanilla bean frappuccino.

Yum.[DOUBLEPOST=1370377025][/DOUBLEPOST]
I oftentimes call people 'my love' when addressing them. I say it to my husband and close friends, which they seem to be okay with. But today, oh today, I almost slipped up and called my boss 'my love'! She called me from home, so when I answered the phone I was SOOO close to saying 'Hello my love!' UGhh...too close, too close.
I once told my boss "I love you," at the end of a phone call. It was really early in the morning, I was groggy... She gave me shit for a while. It was pretty funny.

Lol. Embarrassing for certain. But nothing a quick apology won't cure.

Yeah, I think I've called eveyone from my boss over my father, my sister-in-law, the plumber,...."honey" at one point or another in life. Get so used to ending every other sentence with it that it just slips out :p

That awkward moment when you realize Anti-Venom:

Is clearly based on the Amalgam character Bizarnage

Which means that Anti-Venom is a character based on a character who is based on that character's son. Weird. Not as weird as the fact that someone was possibly inspired by Amalgam comics, but weird.

So, how do you guys handle presents?

It's Nate's birthday tomorrow and I was only able to get him one gift. It's something nice and something that he wants, but I feel the need to get him something more.

Would you feel slighted if your significant other was only able to get you one gift? Or would you be satisfied? I honestly don't think Nate will care one way or another, he's a champ, but my little brain can't handle that I only got him one thing...GIVE HIM ALL THE THINGS!!

I'm lucky if my gf remembers my birthday..
But than sometimes I live along my merry way and almost forget about it myself.

We usually go for small personal gifts, not much energy and creativity left after 11 years (and we don't think that bad).
Like some points for the online game's shop and perhaps a real book or DVD she wants.

After a month of back-and-forth with tech support...

I can finally print at work again.

40 minutes of work. You couldn't have sent a person up here sooner? Shit. Oh well. Grateful it works now.

Wendy's food has really gone downhill since the last time I had it. Then again, a lot can change in 8 years.
Yeah, the quality just died the day Dave Thomas died. He was the founder and actually cared about how his food tasted, now it's run by a bunch of suits who are more interested in how much they make per a burger than how it tastes.

It's still better than McDonalds though.

Yeah, the quality just died the day Dave Thomas died. He was the founder and actually cared about how his food tasted, now it's run by a bunch of suits who are more interested in how much they make per a burger than how it tastes.

It's still better than McDonalds though.
Based solely upon the meal I just had, that last point is debatable.

GasBandit

Staff member
It's been my experience that Wendy's, and most other fast food places on that list, vary in quality from one individual franchise to another. It's only really Subway and McDonald's that seem to provide a near-uniform food quality standard across all stores - for good or ill.

To be fair, the fast food places here in Columbus, OH are generally the best of the best. This is because most of the big chains test their new products here, which means they watch all the local franchises like a hawk. If a franchise isn't up to snuff, corporate visits and basically says they'll shut them down if they don't shape up. They don't like their data getting fucked with.

GasBandit

Staff member
Last night I was grousing to the Mrs. about how long it takes books I want to read to come out (yes, naturally it started as a gripe about George R.R. Martin) but I also then went on to gripe about Patrick Rothfuss, who took 4 years between his first and second book in the Kingkiller Chronicle so if the pattern holds the third book won't come out until 2015. I had said how frustrating that was, when we so enjoyed the first two.

She didn't remember the books. I said, "you remember, they were about Kvothe? Kvothe the kingkiller? Kvothe the bloodless? He was born a gypsy, finagled his way into this academy, he.."

Her: (blank look)

Me: "Ok, different approach... (describes what I remember of the sex scenes)"

Her: "Ohhh right, I remember now!"

It occured to me that the most distinguishing characteristic to the little woman about the books I read to her... the parts that stick with her and separate one book from another... are the sexy bits.

Maybe I'm shopping at entirely the wrong bookstores.

Men read books to find out what happens to the people.
Women read books to find out what happens between the people.
Simple*, really.

--Patrick
*and overgeneralized, I admit.