5 years of doing this job and the first person to try and fight me - not fight to get away, but actually square up and take a full-force swing or three at me - is a "consumer" in the midst of a BIG manic episode, with back issues.

Interestingly enough, I immediately squared my body up when I saw her do it, and brought my shield arm up and my sword arm back... I think fighter practice is having a good effect on me! *grins*

Oh yeah, it was a hell of a fun call... she was spouting off straight stream-of-consciousness, cussing me and the paramedics out (original call was for a possible diabetic episode. She does have diabetes, but it was not the problem today), then she stood up and said "Here I come, I'm gonna kick your ass!" and squared up, took three swings at me, then stopped. I cuffed her with almost no issues, and sat her back down so the paramedics could do their blood sugar test.

Had to hold her down a little bit later so they could get a shot of Haldol in her, and she KEPT ON fighting and kicking, all the way into the ER.

Honestly, the hardest part was not fighting her back. I'm not going to hit a 50 year old mental patient with back issues.

Killed a spider tonight, which was exciting.

I pulled an Ace Ventura screaming 'die devil bird!' at it and threw my shoe at it on the wall. And I'm pleased to report, it was a hit! Goodbye spider. I'm sorry you came into my eyesight, otherwise you may have been safe.

I pulled an Ace Ventura screaming 'die devil bird!' at it and threw my shoe at it on the wall. And I'm pleased to report, it was a hit! Goodbye spider. I'm sorry you came into my eyesight, otherwise you may have been safe.
Funny, that's exactly my reaction whenever I see a roach.

tumblr_m9wfeuob301qc11nfo1_1280.jpg

wilbur crying.jpg

Mountain Dew released 4 flavours here with the intention of people voting on them. I decided to buy a bottle of each to try them, because I like trying new things that are terrible for me. So far, I've only had the Code Red. It's not good (and I like Mountain Dew) but I'm not a fan of cherry flavoured stuff. About to crack open the Super Nova flavour. Oh, I like it. Strawberry/Watermelonish soda. Good stuff.

Mountain Dew released 4 flavours here with the intention of people voting on them. I decided to buy a bottle of each to try them, because I like trying new things that are terrible for me. So far, I've only had the Code Red. It's not good (and I like Mountain Dew) but I'm not a fan of cherry flavoured stuff. About to crack open the Super Nova flavour. Oh, I like it. Strawberry/Watermelonish soda. Good stuff.
You guys just now got Code Red? Is one of the other 4 flavors Live Wire?

GasBandit

Staff member
Sheesh, that was so long ago I thought they'd already discontinued code red. The other three were live wire, baja blast... and I wanna say voltage?

I feel like there's an unspoken contract with spiders. I let them live, because they'll keep my house free of other bugs, and 1 spider > any number of flies, etc. But if they are on me, my food, or my bed, the contract has been violated, and son, you gon' die.

GasBandit

Staff member
I don't see why not. It won a Grammy and everything.

--Patrick
Heh, yes I believe I read something about that... the first song written for a video game to win a grammy, wasn't it?

Whenever I would play Civ 4, she would always get me to sit at the title screen until the song was over before I'd load my game.

You guys just now got Code Red? Is one of the other 4 flavors Live Wire?
White Out, Super Nova and a 3rd I can't remember. I haven't tried the other two yet, but so far, Super Nova is the best.

Most soda companies keep Canada in less variety than the states because it's not worth the increased expense to try to diversify sales.

Also, Code Red has been out here before. This isn't the first time they've released it, they just decided that we get one new permanent flavour.

You. Do. NOT. LIKE. CODE. RED?????

You're dead to me.

Went to a propanery today, asked the lady "So, how many King of the Hill jokes do you get?" She said "None that I know of." I am not sure whether to be surprised by that.[DOUBLEPOST=1364506958][/DOUBLEPOST]
Cherry sodas are gross. Sue me.
Depends on the Cherry soda. Day's soda: HELL yeah! Other cherry sodas: meh. If its all they'll got I'll drink it, but most main-stream fruity sodas don't do it for me.

Changing the subject to good music ...

Firing up the 2011 remaster of Dark Side of the Moon. Haven't listened to it before. We're gonna see if this fucks it up or what.

You ever wonder why the Cadmus guys didn't sell their cloning service to the gay community so gay couples could make clone children? If they didn't waste their time making clones of super-heroes and other people to do whatever they were trying to do they'd rake in a fortune.