ElJuski

Staff member
I know Juski. I know that. Just like I knew it with Feist. Everyone I've ever heard but you refers to the band collectively as Gotye (when he has one), just like they do with her.
Who do you talk to that says this? There's a clear difference between an artist and a band, even if, yes, they all have band members playing along with them.

Who do you talk to that says this? There's a clear difference between an artist and a band, even if, yes, they all have band members playing along with them.
So you refer to Nine Inch Nails as an artist and not a band since it really is just Trent Reznor? I refer to NIN, Feist, Gotye, and so on, as bands just like fade.

GasBandit

Staff member
Just a point of fact, Nine Inch Nails did have other members besides Trent Reznor. There, was, however, a whole lot of turnover in every position other than "Trent Reznor."

ElJuski

Staff member
I mean, at the end of the day, you don't deserve to be socially shamed for doing it. I understand I'm being out of shape when I say I'm annoyed at an established social-construct. But yes, NIN is a band as much as The Shins are a band. There's a specific way that the musician(s) is (are) being portrayed, and that definitely adds into it.

GasBandit

Staff member
Whereas Wierd Al Yankovic has had pretty much the same band behind him his entire career (Steve Jay, Jim West, and Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz), and yet it's still all "just" Wierd Al Yankovic.

fade

Staff member
I was going to reply, but then I realized this has nothing to with the point I was trying to make anyway.

Now I'm going to go listen to this Peter Gabriel band, which I don't feel weird about saying at all.

Just a point of fact, Nine Inch Nails did have other members besides Trent Reznor. There, was, however, a whole lot of turnover in every position other than "Trent Reznor."
Weren't they just for touring? I was under the impression that he recorded everything (or nearly everything) himself in-studio and then hired band members to take on tour .

Weren't they just for touring? I was under the impression that he recorded everything (or nearly everything) himself in-studio and then hired band members to take on tour .
I was under that impression too.

If I remember correctly, Espy is a big fan of NiN. He could probably clear it up.

fade

Staff member
Nah, she just thinks you're talking about breaking up, or exiting a relationship. She's not a coder, and since the two words exit and break usually apply to ending a relationship in the real world, I think you can safely assume she didn't catch what you were throwing.

The last line isn't really answerable, at least the first question isn't. The second part is rhetorical given the first one isn't answerable.

Keep in mind that she responded, which is good. She didn't respond to you, but to your comment, so keep in mind that for anything to develop further you'll have to continue to make comments she will find interesting.

This has been another Facebook analysis provided by your host, Adam Davis. Tune in tomorrow when we discuss the most liked comment on Dustin hoffmans fan page.
You were an unhandled exception, David. You should have a catch(...). In your heart.

fade

Staff member
Code:
try
{
    love(girlOfMyDreams);
} catch(loveException heartbreak) {
    drink(5);
    masturbate(3);
    throw(up);
}