I know it's not the best way to prepare for kids visiting this weekend, but I clicked on a Tom Waits CD in my iTunes at random and now I'm too into it to play anything else.

So I don't think I'm going to go to work today. I'm just going to stay at home, eat some soup out of a mug, and watch adventure time.

I think everything is going to be alright. I don't see a downside to this plan.

Due to the island dispute between China and the Philippines, flights to Manila have been mostly empty and cheaper than ever. Doing a quick price check, I discovered a flight from Shanghai to Manila is cheaper than some domestic flights in China. I think I know where I'm going in the summer.

Tell me about it. My parents call him 'not quite right'. That's why he's starting day care in June.

A bit nervous about that.
Jet sounds like I was as a kid. My parents were worried and annoyed. I'm glad you're worried and amused instead. My mom seemed irritated for years and years that her kid wasn't "normal" in the sense of "my parents and siblings ingrained me with the values of a decade I wasn't even born for".

Ugh, I'd never want to be a kid again.

Due to the island dispute between China and the Philippines, flights to Manila have been mostly empty and cheaper than ever. Doing a quick price check, I discovered a flight from Shanghai to Manila is cheaper than some domestic flights in China. I think I know where I'm going in the summer.
Manila is super.Just try not to get scammed by the taxi drivers. Try some Lechon or Bicol Express while your there.

fade

Staff member
Jet sounds like I was as a kid. My parents were worried and annoyed. I'm glad you're worried and amused instead. My mom seemed irritated for years and years that her kid wasn't "normal" in the sense of "my parents and siblings ingrained me with the values of a decade I wasn't even born for".

Ugh, I'd never want to be a kid again.
Oh no. That means QP is Jet's future.

MontyPythonRunAway.jpg

Tell me about it. My parents call him 'not quite right'. That's why he's starting day care in June.

A bit nervous about that.
My 2 year old has insisted she is a troodon for the past 2 weeks. She gets mad when I call her by her name. I have to refer to her as Troodon. She also tells me that Oscar, from Sesame Street, comes into her bed at night and scares her.

I wouldn't think it was so strange except we haven't watched Sesame Street since she was less than a year old. We only have one book with Oscar in it and the page that he's on asks you to find things that are green like Oscar. She has actually woken up screaming in the middle of the night because Oscar has scared her.

I think I can count on one hand the number of times Jet has woken up screaming with fright. It was scarey for me as well. It was like he was awake but didn't know who we were and if we touched him he screamed in terror.

So, I guess he has night terrors.

M

makare

My 2 year old has insisted she is a troodon for the past 2 weeks. She gets mad when I call her by her name. I have to refer to her as Troodon. She also tells me that Oscar, from Sesame Street, comes into her bed at night and scares her.
That also reminds me of a student I had who insisted I call him Spirit (I guess like the horse from the movie). I did and it amused me.

I think I can count on one hand the number of times Jet has woken up screaming with fright. It was scarey for me as well. It was like he was awake but didn't know who we were and if we touched him he screamed in terror.

So, I guess he has night terrors.
My son used to have those, too. Usually it was right before he would start running a fever though. I'm glad he outgrew it because they are scary.

One of my fellow officers and I just introduced the most innocent person on our watch to "2 Girls 1 Cup."

She came back and just looked at us and said "You guys are horrible. I watched it once, and I couldn't finish it again the second time."

Me (35 seconds)/My partner (45 seconds): :Leyla:

I'd argue that it could/should go under NSFW, just because I know how folks in here (myself included! ) tend to divert NORMAL conversations - it's anything goes with a conversation like THAT. :unibrow:

What does carpal tunnel feel like?
When mine acts up, my first three fingers go numb and it feels like someone's shoving an ice pick in my wrist just beneath my palm.
Some people also feel burning or tingling and have strength loss in their fingers.