Dave

Staff member
Huh that’s about how strong it was here and I never felt like that was close to happening.
The dresser was always pretty precariously placed. It had a flap down front and I had my Commodore 64 computer on it so it was front heavy already.

Just decided to hold my breath. Haven't done it in a long time and did not expected much. 1 minute and 51 seconds. But I were just sitting and didn't move.

I mean, yes, they're changing to charging based on location, but they wouldn't know who the shooter was in advance, right?
...unless...:eek:

--Patrick

From the home office in Atlantic City, Nova Scotia, here is the Top Ten Most Dangerous Songs to listen to while operating a vehicle.....

#10. Powerhouse by Raymond Scott
#9. No Particular Place to Go by Chuck Berry
#8 East Bound and Down by Jerry Reed
#7 Copperhead Road by Steve Earle
#6 Thuderstruck by AC/DC
#5 Kickstart my Heart by Motley Crew
#4 Ride of the Valkyries by Richard Wagner
#3 Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins
#2 William Tell Overture by Gioachino Rossini

And the Number 1 Most Dangerous Song to listen to while operating a vehicle......

Holiday Road by Lindsey Buckingham

Last edited:
Radar Love? Dude, the theme from Airwolf didn't make the list, there is no way Golden Earing gets on there. This is an exhaustively researched and bonafide list that took minutes to document. Pfffft Radar Love.

Radar Love? Dude, the theme from Airwolf didn't make the list, there is no way Golden Earing gets on there. This is an exhaustively researched and bonafide list that took minutes to document. Pfffft Radar Love.
No “I can’t drive 55” from Sammy Hagar? This list is bogus.

No “I can’t drive 55” from Sammy Hagar? This list is bogus.
Freedom units? Dude, way to exclude 99% of the world. And these are vehicles, not just cars, of course a jet pilot can't fly 55. :zoid:
Post automatically merged:

Why exactly? Are you worried it will summon Christie Brinkley?
With your wife in the passenger seat? It's very dangerous to summon supermodels!

(Context: When it's dead at work, our workforce team often offers VTOs: Volunteer Time Off, where we can go home early without pay.)

Team Chat
Co-worker: Me, waiting for a VTO. *finger tapping gif*

Me: They rarely give out VTOs on Saturday since few people work them. In other words, "YER GOIN' NOWHERE!" - Bonesaw, Spider-Man (*Bonesaw gif*)

Co-worker: LOL, and they just gave me one!

Me: That is so not fair! WHY DID BONESAW FAIL ME.

(Context: When it's dead at work, our workforce team often offers VTOs: Volunteer Time Off, where we can go home early without pay.)

Team Chat
Co-worker: Me, waiting for a VTO. *finger tapping gif*

Me: They rarely give out VTOs on Saturday since few people work them. In other words, "YER GOIN' NOWHERE!" - Bonesaw, Spider-Man (*Bonesaw gif*)

Co-worker: LOL, and they just gave me one!

Me: That is so not fair! WHY DID BONESAW FAIL ME.
sorry you didnt get the pick Nick, I run a sales department and im always trying to figure out who I can let go home early this time of year. some people are happy to take it and others are ticked, and it seems to shift from day to day. anyways hope you get that time off when you want it.

sorry you didnt get the pick Nick, I run a sales department and im always trying to figure out who I can let go home early this time of year. some people are happy to take it and others are ticked, and it seems to shift from day to day. anyways hope you get that time off when you want it.
I think it goes in order of who started their shift. My co-worker, for example, started much earlier than me today. I PROBABLY won't be offered a VTO today because there aren't many other working.

Due to my son misunderstanding the radio dj, he was temporarily excited, then subsequently disappointed, to learn there isn't a band called Mario Speedwagon. I, on the other hand, was looking forward to their hits, "Can't Fight This Freezie", "Take It On the (Speed) Run", and "Keep On Loving Lu...igi".

Last edited:
Me: ...a seagull isn't a bird of prey.
1676543504024.png

"How to contradict yourself in two sentences, by Encyclopedia Brittanica". Either they're all birds pursuing other animals for food (in which case swallows, seagulls, etc are all birds of prey) or they're just the falcon and owl families, in which case they aren't. Gulls definitely pursue other animals for food :awesome:

They also forgot Accipitriformes.

I believe only birds with strong pointy talons, who can pick up prey are considered birds of prey. Picking up stuff with the beak doesn't count.

They also forgot Accipitriformes.

I believe only birds with strong pointy talons, who can pick up prey are considered birds of prey. Picking up stuff with the beak doesn't count.
The falconiformes/accipitriformes separation is fairly new, though, I remember when it happened.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, I think to be considered a bird of prey, it has to be a taloned raptor. Just about every animal is an opportunistic carnivore, but this term is particular to those that primarily feed by hunting from the sky and seizing and carrying off their prey in talons. Wikipedia says piscivores (such as seagulls) and insectivores are specifically excluded.

Funny enough, the thing I thought that looked like a bird or prey? It was the way she positioned the billiard balls when we were playing pool. And I actually meant a Klingon bird of prey. She took it another way. :D

View attachment 43940

"How to contradict yourself in two sentences, by Encyclopedia Brittanica". Either they're all birds pursuing other animals for food (in which case swallows, seagulls, etc are all birds of prey) or they're just the falcon and owl families, in which case they aren't. Gulls definitely pursue other animals for food :awesome:
Unfortunately, after much deliberation I have come to the conclusion that, by human standards, a seagull is not a bird of prey.
Hawks are by definition birds of prey, and although seagulls share a phylum, they also share it with hummingbirds and penguins.

I just can’t accept, as a human at the top of the food chain, that seagulls and hummingbirds are birds of prey.

Although I do stand by, a mussel or mollusk would view that seagull as a threat.