I wonder, does anybody know of any 400kmile+ vehicles that AREN'T Toyotas?
This is the point where some Subaru owner bursts through the wall, isn't it.
If/when we get rid of our current car, I hope the next one will be electric - it will p robably have to be.
The writing is already on the wall. Multiple states, Canada, and probably more have all declared that no new internal combustion vehicles can be sold after 2035 or so. "Oh well that's okay I'm an easy driver and don't beat up my vehicle I will continue to drive it" -- that's great buddy but what are you going to do when the number of gas stations plummets and gas prices skyrocket due to the steady decline in demand for gasoline?

--Patrick

Last edited:
This is the point where some Subaru owner bursts through the wall, isn't it.

The writing is already on the wall. Multiple states, Canada, and probably more have all declared that no new internal combustion vehicles can be sold after 2035 or so. "Oh well that's okay I'm an easy driver and don't beat up my vehicle I will continue to drive it" -- that's great buddy but what are you going to do when the number of gas stations plummets and gas prices skyrocket due to the steady decline in demand for gasoline?

--Patrick
Oh yeah, definitely, no new ICE cars* allowed here after 2028 and I think second hand sales will be prohibited 2035 or something? I don't recall exactly. But yeah. Definitely going that way.

Along with ride sharing, sharing cars, electric bikes, and yet another big push for public transportation, transportation will look VERY different in 20 years.

*bikes and campers and whatever as well, trucks and buses get a slightly longer grace period

Ah yes, the glory days of the old Subarus... I had forgotten since they have apparently fallen so far from grace.
New ones aren’t bad. The transmission had issues early on, but they fixed them if needed. My wife put almost 200k on her 2015 before trading it in, and it was going strong. Her 2018 is getting close to 150k now, and no real issues.

400k might be pushing it though…

Was talking at work last week and I said that I was thinking of getting an electric car. Someone asked me about my current car and I told them it's got about 40k miles on it so it's time to look into something else. I went on to say I was thinking about leasing. One guy, Tom, said, "Your little red car out there? I'll write you a check for it right now."

In a couple minutes I'm calling him. I've already talked to the bank and am hoping to be able to get this:

Have you looked at the cold weather impact on the Volt's range? That could be a major factor for you and where you live.

I live in one of the top 10 states in the US for EV ownership. It is something of a shock if I don't drive for 10-15 minutes around town without seeing some form of EV - be it Tesla, Leaf, Bolt, Bronco or Mach-E.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yesterday my dad sent me a list of 50-something random-ass shows and movies he was interested in seeing, and now his dutiful son's Plex server is 400 gigs fuller than it was 24 hours ago... with all kinds of crazy crap I doubt I'll ever watch.

Hit up a new-agey popup market in Tyler today. Ended up buying this piece of art.

1650828466937.png

I interpret it to mean "There are many doors that lead to truth, but in the end we all end up as food for Cthulhu, the Great Old One."
Probably not what the artist intended, but that's ok :D

Which reminds me of something. If anyone wants a good Easter-themed show to watch, I highly recommend Midnight Mass on Netflix. Good, wholesome show about the meaning of faith in a tight-knit Christian community.
Whoever did set design for that show, I'm thinking particularly of the 'new' community center built with Church money, was definitely Catholic in the 90s and it's hilarious/perfect to me.

GasBandit

Staff member
You ever notice that animated characters are pretty much incapable of eating single popcorn units in any method other than throwing them in their mouth from at least 4-6 inches away?

The only times I can remember a cartoon character touching their mouth with their hand while eating popcorn was when trying to stuff multiple entire handfuls in there as rapidly as possible.

You ever notice that animated characters are pretty much incapable of eating single popcorn units in any method other than throwing them in their mouth from at least 4-6 inches away?

The only times I can remember a cartoon character touching their mouth with their hand while eating popcorn was when trying to stuff multiple entire handfuls in there as rapidly as possible.
It's a legacy from the cell animation days. Ever notice all the characters have some form of neck accessory? So they can reuse head cells. Same for popcorn, they use previous cells of open mouth heads and just draw a popcorn on a new cell.

There was a mix up with an online order I picked up onsite last week and they emailed me overnight and tried to send it via courier today. For free this time.

I called them and they canceled it in time.

My sister chewed me out for not keeping it and giving it to someone else?!?

GasBandit

Staff member
Yesterday my dad sent me a list of 50-something random-ass shows and movies he was interested in seeing, and now his dutiful son's Plex server is 400 gigs fuller than it was 24 hours ago... with all kinds of crazy crap I doubt I'll ever watch.
Coincidentally I have now added 4tb more space to my plex server. So, storage crises averted for now, I guess.

Gosh, this doesn't look suspicious at all. Random number from New Brunswick. Nothing official sounding about this. And I just checked my Canada Revenue account. No notifications about this.

Definitely reporting this one.

Screenshot_20220506-224543_Messages.jpg