Decided to Door Dash some shrimp and crab boil from the local cajun place. They sent me gloves, which is good. I have big hands..I can reach an octave + 3 on the piano. The large sized vinyl gloves from the pharmacy are pretty snug on me.

These gloves? They're like Andre the Giant sized. Thanos sized. Hulk sized. Like, 'I feel like I'm a child putting on daddy's gloves' sized. It's crazy.
Large gloves are almost always a perfect fit for my hands but the last restaurant I worked in would get these cheap "medium" gloves that were some of the largest I have ever seen

Dave

Staff member
Just got denied for a job that I applied for on August 8. So FOUR MONTHS LATER this fucking business finally decides to let me know they aren't interested.

Now that's bad enough. But this is the denial letter:

Hello David ,

Thank you for applying for our Associate Business Analyst opening. We appreciate your interest in Cargill Brands, however at this time, we will not be moving forward with your candidacy. We welcome you to apply for other roles on our career site. We’ll also keep your career profile information and contact you again should your profile match other job opportunities with us.

Sincerely,
Cargill Brands Talent Acquisition
Yup. Already been working there for 2 months.

Just got denied for a job that I applied for on August 8. So FOUR MONTHS LATER this fucking business finally decides to let me know they aren't interested.

Now that's bad enough. But this is the denial letter:

Yup. Already been working there for 2 months.
Yup, gotta love that. I once got a rejection letter for a position two years after I had been hired and was working in that exact position. Woried me a bit, so I contacted HR and they said it was a normal thing. They were clearing out old resumes they had and the rejection was auto-generated. It shouldn't have gone out, but still did.

My absolute favorite was when I was back in High School and applied to work at a CD store in the local mall. I never heard back from them until I got a letter saying there were no open positions currently, but that they would keep my resume on file... 6 months after the store had closed.

I was out running errands this morning, and stopped at Whataburger for lunch. My phone app had a buy one-get one patty melt special so I says to myself "Sweet! Lunch and dinner!" Go in, order them, and the girl at the register asks me if I want cheese on them.

"Yes please," I say, because I'm not a dick.

What I thought was: "It's a patty melt. MELT. It's in the name! If there's no cheese on it which would, you know, melt, it's just a PATTY."

GasBandit

Staff member
I was out running errands this morning, and stopped at Whataburger for lunch. My phone app had a buy one-get one patty melt special so I says to myself "Sweet! Lunch and dinner!" Go in, order them, and the girl at the register asks me if I want cheese on them.

What I thought was: "It's a patty melt. MELT. It's in the name! If there's no cheese on it which would, you know, melt, it's just a PATTY."
You know there's some asshole out there who ordered a patty melt and lost his shit because it came with cheese and he didn't ask for cheese.

I finally convinced Vero to see "The Exorcist" together for the first time. She has always being afraid of this movie because she watched it when she was a little girl and she only remembers that she was scared but not about the details of the movie. Afteer watching it, we both agree that the most unsettling thing about this movie is the idea of having a daughter afflicted with some unknown disease.

I don’t know if you remember, but Burger King ran a promotion on cheeseburgers a few years ago. Something like $1.50 for a whopper with cheese. The regular whopper ( no cheese) was still $2.99 or whatever. People were ordering the cheeseburger with no cheese because it was just so much cheaper than the regular burger.

I finally convinced Vero to see "The Exorcist" together for the first time. She has always being afraid of this movie because she watched it when she was a little girl and she only remembers that she was scared but not about the details of the movie. Afteer watching it, we both agree that the most unsettling thing about this movie is the idea of having a daughter afflicted with some unknown disease.
It's a well made film that I didn't appreciate until I watched it alone bc it's reputation is almost solely based on its shock value and that's what most people fixate on

Edit: kinda like the silence of the lambs, I used to think silence was dumb as shit bc I wasn't putting together the details until I really focused on it alone to give it a chance to express itself. A good film is like magic in how in makes you feel things and you have to believe it for the trick to work

A major problem with special effects now is there's no mystery to them when it's just animation. That's why gollum has aged so well and a lot of other cg that is technically better hasn't, there's spirit in that performance that's missing in spectacle films

Last edited:
For like a second, I thought it looked like the silhouette of a femme fatale out of some film noir.
Why not both?

"The clone wars had sent the entire system into chaos, and my business suddenly dried up. After all, who needed a washed up Jedi turned private eye with a death stick habit? So imagine my surprise when she walked into my office.

She was all hard lines and molded durasteel, with legs that went all the way up to her chassis. I asked her if she needed help, and all she would reply was "Roger, Roger." It was then I knew, she was trouble, and trouble was my specialty."

Last edited:
To this day, I don't get why "two people being xrayed or MRI'd while having sex" is not a valid answer for the standard Rorschach inkblot card #9. ;)
1638912082903.png

I guess I should have just said "A rocket ship". :rofl:

Dear God. First batter out on a wicket on the first ball. That's like... what, popping up on the first pitch of the World Series?

Charles & Camilla have released the photo they're using on their Xmas cards this year.

What kind of moronic fuckwit touches the inside of someone else's mask?!