All I'm saying is don't half ass it. If your're going to smuggle fruit roll ups under your boobs, you need to smuggle as many as possible.

My wife has taught elementary school for several years now, and has kept in touch with some of her former students. One such student, who is now a teenaged boy, recently started messaging my wife to ask for her advice on how he should hit on girls. He would describe how he'd go up to girls he doesn't know, and would try to chat them up, and would pretty much inevitably get shot down, and he wanted to ask my wife (his former teacher) for tips on how to talk to girls so he doesn't get shot down as much.

My wife was at a loss for what to tell him, so she asked me for suggestions, and I said, "Tell him to stop hitting on random girls, in my experience girls generally don't like that."

And my wife was like, "That's good advice, I'm gonna tell him that."

And this sort of illustrated to me how 1) My wife has pretty much never had people hit on her before, and 2) I've hit on too many random women over the course of my life.

My wife has taught elementary school for several years now, and has kept in touch with some of her former students. One such student, who is now a teenaged boy, recently started messaging my wife to ask for her advice on how he should hit on girls. He would describe how he'd go up to girls he doesn't know, and would try to chat them up, and would pretty much inevitably get shot down, and he wanted to ask my wife (his former teacher) for tips on how to talk to girls so he doesn't get shot down as much.

My wife was at a loss for what to tell him, so she asked me for suggestions, and I said, "Tell him to stop hitting on random girls, in my experience girls generally don't like that."

And this sort of illustrated to me how 1) My wife has pretty much never had people hit on her before, and 2) I've hit on too many random women over the course of my life.
It's very simple. You drop your trousers right in front of them and ask, "So, how about it?"

That's tough. So glad I'm not young. I mean, it's hard not to hit on random girls when you're a teenager, I think. I think the best advice I would give teenage-me is, don't fake being into a band you really don't like, and get a job in retail for a bit. Forced socialization with people from all different backgrounds makes you so much better at having casual conversations with strangers and you can use that to get to know people in general (and pretty girls in particular) for the rest of your life.

Dave

Staff member
Two weeks ago I worked 66 hours. Last week that was 52. But only because I took time off early. You’d think I was really tired and I kind of am, but DAMN does it feel good to be DOING something again! And the money is good. My next check after insurance will be around $2000 for two weeks. After the start of the year it’s going to be harder to get the OT hours, so I’m working 60+ hours a week to build up that money while I can.

I have an old acquaintance from high school back in the 90s. I recently came across her name online because she'd accomplished something rather notable; let's say, for example, that she'd been promoted to the CEO position of an international organization. Out of curiosity I Googled her to learn more about what she's been doing after high school, and the weird thing is that her educational background doesn't mention our high school at all. Instead it lists her as having gone to high school in a completely different country.

This acquaintance has a very uncommon name, so the odds of me having the wrong person are quite low. And the photos I found of her definitely do look like what she'd look like 20-some years after high school. So I'm reasonably certain this person is my acquaintance from high school. But I'm not sure why she'd list a completely different high school. It's not like the high school we went to was bad. (For those of you who know about it, it's Walter Johnson HS in Montgomery County, Maryland.)

OK, so quick question. I was just awatching a quiz on the BBC, and the questions were about Thanksgiving. Doesn't matter much, but as one of the "weird facts" between questions, ir was mentioned that the traditional way to eat sweet potato casserole on Thanksgiving is roasted with marshmallows on top.
And now I'm wondering if this is actually thing? I've never seen or heard of this "tradition" in my life and I'm curious if anyone does that or thinks it's the "proper" way of doing things?