I bought a rifle nicknamed "Civil Defense."

I want to find a Brodie, Doughboy reproduction helmet in size 8, to paint white and put a CD badge on it. But I can't find a definitive size 8 out there. I am even looking for full brimmed hard hats. And even those will not specify the size.

I bought a rifle nicknamed "Civil Defense."

I want to find a Brodie, Doughboy reproduction helmet in size 8, to paint white and put a CD badge on it. But I can't find a definitive size 8 out there. I am even looking for full brimmed hard hats. And even those will not specify the size.
Didn’t many of those have a liner that was worn underneath them or have some type of adjustable sizing? I’m not sure, just asking a question.

But most of those don't go up to my size. I found an old hard hat I wore in the oil field and the liner was larger than the cap. So if I would have hit my hard hat it would have cut into the back of my head.

This large Australian UFC fighter just walked to ring to “If You Wanna Be My Lover”, knocked his opponent out in just over a minute, then climbed the cage and drank a beer out of a shoe.

I honestly don’t have anything else to add to that. This guy rules.
8448DC76-7461-4FD6-8477-33596AD8A01E.jpeg

Another restaurant changed its menu and went up in price by 20%. And the fookers did not increase the workers to go along... Damn I hate the price change. But they could hire a fucking check out person instead of the waiter doing both jobs.

Okay, so there's been a bit of a weird twist in the Fiona/Greg situation.

Firstly, Fiona wasn't allowed to switch with Greg. Not sure why the company higher-ups made this decision, but it is what it is. So right now it's me, Fiona, and Greg working in the office, while the other editors continue to work from home. And, as expected, Greg came over to Fiona's desk to chat with her during his downtime. They talk in Spanish so I don't understand what they're saying, and generally speaking Fiona seems cordial with Greg, so I don't think she's too bothered by him. But yesterday (our first day back in the office) at the end of the workday, Greg came over to say bye to Fiona, and while he was leaving, Fiona deliberately got up to talk to me and ask me how I'm doing on our first day back after two months of remote work. I said there's a bit of rustiness to shake off and I have to get used to getting dressed for work again (I've repeatedly joked about this with my colleagues, so me talking about not being dressed is not completely out of the blue).

And Fiona said, "Yeah, I know what you mean, I had trouble squeezing into my jeans this morning! I haven't worn them for two months, and now they're so tight!" And then she made a pose to show her tight jeans. All of this took place while Greg was still present.

I feel like Fiona was deliberately saying to Greg, "I would literally rather show my figure to the married supervisor who's fifteen years my senior instead of you."

But of course, since I'm, well, me, there's also a chance I've completely misconstrued what Fiona was doing, and she simply wanted to talk about her jeans.

Okay, so there's been a bit of a weird twist in the Fiona/Greg situation.

Firstly, Fiona wasn't allowed to switch with Greg. Not sure why the company higher-ups made this decision, but it is what it is. So right now it's me, Fiona, and Greg working in the office, while the other editors continue to work from home. And, as expected, Greg came over to Fiona's desk to chat with her during his downtime. They talk in Spanish so I don't understand what they're saying, and generally speaking Fiona seems cordial with Greg, so I don't think she's too bothered by him. But yesterday (our first day back in the office) at the end of the workday, Greg came over to say bye to Fiona, and while he was leaving, Fiona deliberately got up to talk to me and ask me how I'm doing on our first day back after two months of remote work. I said there's a bit of rustiness to shake off and I have to get used to getting dressed for work again (I've repeatedly joked about this with my colleagues, so me talking about not being dressed is not completely out of the blue).

And Fiona said, "Yeah, I know what you mean, I had trouble squeezing into my jeans this morning! I haven't worn them for two months, and now they're so tight!" And then she made a pose to show her tight jeans. All of this took place while Greg was still present.

I feel like Fiona was deliberately saying to Greg, "I would literally rather show my figure to the married supervisor who's fifteen years my senior instead of you."

But of course, since I'm, well, me, there's also a chance I've completely misconstrued what Fiona was doing, and she simply wanted to talk about her jeans.
Meh. Seems like she doesn't care either way. Hopefully if he's overstepping she will say something and make something a little more clear.

We’re getting ready to drive across Texas on Friday to attend a wedding of one of our cousins. We’re going to drive for roughly 11 hours (probably 13 hours total travel time including breaks) to the Big Bend area. We’ll still be over 3 hours from El Paso. Texas is huge.

We’re getting ready to drive across Texas on Friday to attend a wedding of one of our cousins. We’re going to drive for roughly 11 hours (probably 13 hours total travel time including breaks) to the Big Bend area. We’ll still be over 3 hours from El Paso. Texas is huge.
This is how I explain it to people up here: I can drive 45 minutes here, cross two state boundaries, and go from Virginia to Pennsylvania. In Houston or Dallas, I can start pretty much anywhere in those cities, drive toward downtown and drive for 45 minutes--and I'm still in Houston or Dallas.

Dave

Staff member
I found a flask today at a store that read "Fuck my liver!" I had to buy it. I mean, I KNOW they mean that it's supposed to have alcohol in it and it's a joke that they are destroying their liver, but with mine doing fucked up things without alcohol, I had to laugh. I'm going to put nothing in it but water and each drink is going to taste like irony.

I found a flask today at a store that read "Fuck my liver!" I had to buy it. I mean, I KNOW they mean that it's supposed to have alcohol in it and it's a joke that they are destroying their liver, but with mine doing fucked up things without alcohol, I had to laugh. I'm going to put nothing in it but water and each drink is going to taste like irony.
I thought iron caused heart failure?