The USPS came by my house 3 times today. Regular mail, and two separate packages. Remember I live out in BFE. Why would they waste the gas to come out this far 3 times.

I'm now embarking on a five day trip with my wife and her parents.

My wife has an older sister who lives with her parents. She's not coming along because she has to work. The thing is, though, my wife's sister hates getting left out of things. And not in a I'm-coming-along-even-if-I-have-to-skip-work way, more like a if-I-can't-go-then-no-one-should-be-able-to-go way.

So apparently my parents-in-law didn't tell her they're leaving on a five day trip until this morning, as they were heading out the door with their luggage.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm now embarking on a five day trip with my wife and her parents.

My wife has an older sister who lives with her parents. She's not coming along because she has to work. The thing is, though, my wife's sister hates getting left out of things. And not in a I'm-coming-along-even-if-I-have-to-skip-work way, more like a if-I-can't-go-then-no-one-should-be-able-to-go way.

So apparently my parents-in-law didn't tell her they're leaving on a five day trip until this morning, as they were heading out the door with their luggage.
:popcorn:

I had to check this to make sure I wasn’t seeing things:

On my way home from work on Friday, driving down University Drive in Mesa, I spot this red crossover in the turn lane.

At first, I thought it was a newer Mitsubishi, but the name on the back was weird: CAPTUR. Then, I saw the logo below the name. I knew I had seen that logo before...

Renault. It was a RENAULT. The last time I saw a Renault driving around anywhere was back when I owned one. Thirty years ago.

Near as I can figure, some one must have imported it via Mexico - which isn’t unheard of, as there are plenty of Mexican licensed cars in Arizona.

But still - a Renault CAPTUR XUV from Mexico???

Are there any good Renaults? I had some bad experiences with one.
Well, their business side of things, the Kangoo and Trafic and such, are good value for money and pretty good quality.
For personal use... Egghhhhh, my brother was fond of his Espace, but I don't think I've ever ridden in or driven a Renault I liked.

The Renault Captur is essentially a Nissan Juke. And given the cost, you'd be better served buying something from Mitsubishi than one of those.

Man, this last month I've purchased a lot of knives. Picked up a cheap old fashioned three bladed pocket knife. Then I picked up a small EDC (every day carry) fixed blade knife. Today I bought a nice looking pocket knife for nearly half off. I have nearly purchased this one dozens of times. So I don't feel bad about getting it the first time I saw it under $40. Then Thursday I saw a really nice looking small Bowie Knife on a Redit forum. It is a really classy looking knife but well built. It took me until this afternoon to find it on line. After spending 4 hours over three days to find it, I bought it on a whim.

Four knives in 4 weeks, I have a sickness.

Man, this last month I've purchased a lot of knives. Picked up a cheap old fashioned three bladed pocket knife. Then I picked up a small EDC (every day carry) fixed blade knife. Today I bought a nice looking pocket knife for nearly half off. I have nearly purchased this one dozens of times. So I don't feel bad about getting it the first time I saw it under $40. Then Thursday I saw a really nice looking small Bowie Knife on a Redit forum. It is a really classy looking knife but well built. It took me until this afternoon to find it on line. After spending 4 hours over three days to find it, I bought it on a whim.

Four knives in 4 weeks, I have a sickness.
The chapel at the airport sells all the confiscated knives. Once got 40 Swiss Army knives for $32.