Dave

Staff member
I want the latest Humble Bundle. I want it so bad. But I know it's not anything I Should get because I'd also have to go spend $300-500 on a 3D printer.

So......bad......

Dave

Staff member
Are you sure you didn't "accidentally" divert all the leftover half-cents to your account or something?

--Patrick
Don't get me wrong - I could afford it. I could afford to buy a 3D printer and the filament. But I'd use it for these minis and probably not much else so it would sit there.

But you're god damned right I'd download a car.

GasBandit

Staff member
Don't get me wrong - I could afford it. I could afford to buy a 3D printer and the filament. But I'd use it for these minis and probably not much else so it would sit there.

I think he's talking about my expense check.

Sentence I just came across during my translation editing:

"Due to the ongoing pandemic, you will receive your commemorative plague in the mail instead of at the award ceremony."

And I'm thinking, "Well, if they don't sterilize their outgoing mail properly, that might technically be correct..."

figmentPez

Staff member

"Due to the ongoing pandemic, you will receive your commemorative plague in the mail instead of at the award ceremony."

And I'm thinking, "Well, if they don't sterilize their outgoing mail properly, that might technically be correct..."

Dave

Staff member
So this probably belongs in some thread but for the life of me I don't know which one. Netflix is apparently going to have a series (?) called "Cuties" that really, REALLY looks like it's sexualizing children. It LOOKS to be about child beauty contests. I say "looks like" because I'm not even going to watch a preview based on the promo picture.

Oh, and fucking 4CHAN has banned any screen prints or mentions of it. 4CHAN!!!

Yanno, there's this guy in Nebraska I know who's probably getting out of the 3D printing business, but I believe he may have sold a lot of his stuff already...

So this probably belongs in some thread but for the life of me I don't know which one. Netflix is apparently going to have a series (?) called "Cuties" that really, REALLY looks like it's sexualizing children. It LOOKS to be about child beauty contests. I say "looks like" because I'm not even going to watch a preview based on the promo picture.

Oh, and fucking 4CHAN has banned any screen prints or mentions of it. 4CHAN!!!

I mean, from what I've read it is made by someone who used to be in child beauty pageants and is not in favor of them.

Dave

Staff member
I mean, from what I've read it is made by someone who used to be in child beauty pageants and is not in favor of them.
Don't know, don't care. The description is about an 11 year old girl (played by an actual 11 year old actress) who can't twerk in a competition because her parents are conservative. Well no fucking shit! I'm a liberal and I wouldn't let my 11 year old daughter in a twerking dance group.

And then there's the problematic show poster. I mean, I don't give a fuck WHO wrote this, it's skeevy at best and pedo-bait at worst.

At least two of the faces look Photoshopped in.
I can see how this might be an interesting world /community to set a series in, but that poster... Yikes.

Don't know, don't care. The description is about an 11 year old girl (played by an actual 11 year old actress) who can't twerk in a competition because her parents are conservative. Well no fucking shit! I'm a liberal and I wouldn't let my 11 year old daughter in a twerking dance group.

And then there's the problematic show poster. I mean, I don't give a fuck WHO wrote this, it's skeevy at best and pedo-bait at worst.
The poster is skeevy (maybe that's intentional) but I just watched the trailer and it doesn't seem that bad.

Someone needs to be more careful when choosing whether to let their dangly bits descenders go to the left or the right.

—Patrick

Paycheque: Woo! I have arrived!
Me: Aw yeah!
Bills: 'Sup?
Me: Oh hey, Bills. You're not that bad right now. Maybe I could...
Responsibility: Remember how you wanted to put a down payment on a mobile home?
Me: Fuck.
Savings Account: WOO!

*ahem*

Hey, is tomorrow night Jackbox Night? I can't wait for Jackbox Night! It would be great if lots of people could join us for Jackbox Night at 9 PM EST! Probably going to have a lot of fun and catharsis with those Jackbox questions!

Did I do that right?

*ahem*

Hey, is tomorrow night Jackbox Night? I can't wait for Jackbox Night! It would be great if lots of people could join us for Jackbox Night at 9 PM EST! Probably going to have a lot of fun and catharsis with those Jackbox questions!

Did I do that right?
I dunno, I'm missing some sort of reference to the day of the week.

I won’t get home from work tonight until 9:30 or so, and I will have to leave for work tomorrow morning by 6:30, so I’m not gonna make any bets on how long I’ll be coherent by 9:30 tomorrow night.

—Patrick

I won’t get home from work tonight until 9:30 or so, and I will have to leave for work tomorrow morning by 6:30, so I’m not gonna make any bets on how long I’ll be coherent by 9:30 tomorrow night.

—Patrick
While I haven't been there, I'm pretty sure coherence isn't a necessity for Jackbox night

Does anyone know a good Salsa recipe? Most of the ones I find on the internet are bland af. (I'm trying to make use of the tomatoes and peppers from my garden, so I'd prefer a recipe that doesn't call for canned tomatoes)

I may have found a place that will teach me how to use my new quarterstaff/bo staff.

After I learn the basics of karate for at least 6 months.

This is odd, but I have a feeling that the minimum 6 months of basic body movement and control is probably a good idea before I start whipping around a 6' long solid piece of oak.

So ya, may be starting that next month.

Do you follow Skallagrim? He's your/our neighbour now.
I do, and I know! I also got some YouTube leads from SCA folks in town, but apparently they only do (mock) bladed combat, so unless I want polearm training (which I may still pursue) I'm out of luck there unfortunately.

And the closest HEMA folks I could find were on the other side of the province.

When it’s hot out and you wear foundation it melts in your mask. Gross.
Post automatically merged:

I may have found a place that will teach me how to use my new quarterstaff/bo staff.

After I learn the basics of karate for at least 6 months.

This is odd, but I have a feeling that the minimum 6 months of basic body movement and control is probably a good idea before I start whipping around a 6' long solid piece of oak.

So ya, may be starting that next month.
That sounds bad-ass!

I do, and I know! I also got some YouTube leads from SCA folks in town, but apparently they only do (mock) bladed combat, so unless I want polearm training (which I may still pursue) I'm out of luck there unfortunately.

And the closest HEMA folks I could find were on the other side of the province.
Did you know that Scouts once had quarterstaff training? I have a fraction of the original manual on pdf around here somewhere.