[Webcomic] The Order of the Stick thread

Dave

Staff member
I came to this thread with the name copied and everything ready to go; your post wasn't here yet, I pasted and posted. Which did indeed take about 2-3 minutes. People seem to think I exaggerate, but I now browse this place by opening 10 tabs, getting a drink, coming back, and still waiting for the first to load, then binging them all at once, rinse and repeat. It's annoying.
But I still don't understand why. I can't replicate it and have no idea what would be causing it.

FWIW, I have a very mild version of what Bubble mentions (I think I brought it up in one of the early discussions of the issue) when in the U.S. (if memory serves right, 5-10s load time). Happens across devices and locations (but all locations I can recall were Comcast-provided).

From Barcelona, on a connection of comparable speed and on the same devices, the forum is blazing fast.

-shrugs into infinity-

I'm really not surprised at where it went.
But I *am* surprised that Rich felt driven to illustrate it. And did a good job, besides.

--Patrick

Shiiiiiiiiiiit.

Or the less mature response:
"That's a lot of butt plugs!"

...I'm not the only one who saw that in the shape, right?

Shiiiiiiiiiiit.

Or the less mature response:
"That's a lot of butt plugs!"

...I'm not the only one who saw that in the shape, right?
I thought the second panel was going to zoom out to show a stone plug blocking some sort of gate keeping the Snarl at bay, and one of them would make a buttplug joke.

A lot of questions regarding the Dark One and his plan, the Gates, the World within the Snarl, how this world is different from the previous ones, etc etc etc.
The worlds have been going longer and longer, but is this the first one where mortals built Gates to secure the Snarl? is this the first world that managed to live long enough for this sort of thing? Can mortals effectively end the Snarl? Aren't the no-voting gods right that undoing and redoing is easier and faster, given they've all got thousands of times of practice? Given the danger is not "oh no the World is ending" but "Oh gosh, another one", isn't it maybe safer to err on the side of caution and get all your souls into your afterlife ASAP, instead of waiting and perhaps undoing them all?

Is this the first time the Dark One was shown in the actual comic?
I think he appeared to that general that took over Azure City for Red Cloak. When he spoke to him and gave him the"Don't screw this up message."

But wait...does this mean the Order should let the Red Cloak win? Or work together?!

And can Banjo be a FIFTH color to finally overpower the Snarl?

So many questions!

I think he appeared to that general that took over Azure City for Red Cloak. When he spoke to him and gave him the"Don't screw this up message."

But wait...does this mean the Order should let the Red Cloak win? Or work together?!

So many questions!
I looked it up, that bit was in crayon, so this is the first actual comic drawn appearance of a character that has existed since... 2007

So many questions!
So the important question becomes
What color would Banjo be?