[Webcomic] The Order of the Stick thread

And the in-universe characters will probably never know of his victory. Not even his mom.

—Patrick
C'mon, they just need V to get his lvl 9 spells, and they can bring him back...
Post automatically merged:

Being a fan of the movie Dark City, the question there is "Are we more than the sum of our memories?" Rich Burlew obviously says "No" to that question.
Is he? I mean, having someone entire life in your head should make you see their pov even if you're a completely different person, let alone some sort of hellspawned spirit construct....

Last edited:
I thought they were going to rez him once they killed his vampire. Unless you think he won't retain those memories.

That's the thing though; would he accept it? He died fighting (sort of) so Thor's gonna send his ass to Valhalla. So he's going to be with his parents.

Wish is a terrible Rez though. Think of the paperwork!
It's only a terrible rez in that it takes a fucking lvl 17 wizard to do it. Really, the HARD part is that Durkan's a pile of ash; you need something like Resurrection or Miracle to get around that.

Isn't Rich's MO that when he's near the end of a book, he rapid-fires (at least for him) comics like he has over the last few weeks?

And if I may say so - DAMN that forum comments on new comments fast. About one post a minute in the first 24 hours.

It's only a terrible rez in that it takes a fucking lvl 17 wizard to do it. Really, the HARD part is that Durkan's a pile of ash; you need something like Resurrection or Miracle to get around that.
Methinks you didn't read the link:

• Revive the dead. A wish can bring a dead creature back to life by duplicating a resurrection spell. A wish can revive a dead creature whose body has been destroyed, but the task takes two wishes, one to recreate the body and another to infuse the body with life again. A wish cannot prevent a character who was brought back to life from losing an experience level.

And, since apparently, dust is enough, he wouldn't even need to cast it twice.

Last edited:
Methinks you didn't read the link:

• Revive the dead. A wish can bring a dead creature back to life by duplicating a resurrection spell. A wish can revive a dead creature whose body has been destroyed, but the task takes two wishes, one to recreate the body and another to infuse the body with life again. A wish cannot prevent a character who was brought back to life from losing an experience level.

And, since apparently, dust is enough, he wouldn't even need to cast it twice.
It's like the people who write the spells don't talk to each other.

I beat you by three whole minutes!
I came to this thread with the name copied and everything ready to go; your post wasn't here yet, I pasted and posted. Which did indeed take about 2-3 minutes. People seem to think I exaggerate, but I now browse this place by opening 10 tabs, getting a drink, coming back, and still waiting for the first to load, then binging them all at once, rinse and repeat. It's annoying.