[Webcomic] The Order of the Stick thread

I wonder if we're going to get another "WOAH SHIT" moment and Tarquin just kills Nale at the end of this next strip?

Aw man, that's pretty cool. So jealous. Maybe the next time he does a Kickstarter (for the next book, perhaps), I'll pledge for that.

In the meantime, he also released the next backer reward for everyone: Haleo & Julean, a Shakespearean re-imagining. Only available to backers, of course.

Dave

Staff member
True story: When I got my profit sharing money I searched Kickstarter for something super-cool to fund where I'd be able to brag about it here. Nothing.

That's not salty. That's how illustrator works. It's very smart of Burlew to do it because he can make something personalized and special for a lot of people, but doesn't take a lot of time per individual item.

North_Ranger

Staff member
No worries, Tarquin will let the Order go. It's not yet time for the final duel between father and son on a rooftop with a Faux Latin soundtrack playing in the background.

# 912 - Working Together.[DOUBLEPOST=1376901890,1376901715][/DOUBLEPOST]
Huh. Is this actually the end of Tarquin's story arc?
Not a chance. But, with a few more round-up and departing strips, probably with Tarquin sending someone else (Nale if he's holding the Idiot Ball of Plot Necessity +2) to follow the OotS , it might be the last we'll see of him/them for quite some time. I'm more curious as to when, exactly, well get V back. And in what state.

Also, I was over at the site 5 minutes ago, and no update. I leave, and poof? DAMMIT. But yay ;)

New comic up.

Not surprised at all, though I'm wondering if Sabine is going to try and off Tarquin now. She could probably do it too.

And because Ash is too lazy to link it:

#913 - Independent

Also:

Though it would be pretty easy to resurrect him, right? Body's still freshly killed and such. Maybe Tarquin has him brought right back to life, saying "Now, do we have an understanding?" Not likely, but it's a thought.

Last edited:
I'm not sure Tarquin quite knows what he's done here.
Because theres a certain succubus with clear feelings for nale and *she* has connections to three infernals who seem fairly keen on rewarding competency and/or loyalty. (like they have done with Qarr) If it wasn't for the fact that they specifically said they wouldn't take V's body for a joyride, I'd be assuming thats when we'd see V reappear, albeit with someone else behind the wheel.

Tarquin knows of Sabine and is prepared to deal with her should she resurface certainly. Which I'm sure he will be expecting. He's probably planned around the inevitable killing of Nale for years, and prepared himself for any backlash that might attempt to befall him. My memory is a little fuzzy, and I can't remember if Sabine was banished before or after the group set out into the desert, but I'm not even sure Sabine is aware that Tarquin has a ring of true seeing. She could completely just walk into a trap while trying to set up an ambush. And even if she does know, her best method of getting close to someone has been compromised. She'll have to find another method which will require stealth and magic. Two things that Tarquin certainly has already planned for considering that there are probably thousands of people out to kill him by now.

This is assuming Tarquin doesn't just Rez Nale after Elan leaves and asks him if he has learned his lesson yet.

Death isn't all that significant in this world really.

Last edited:
A comment on this strip that I read somewhere else, and that I thought was absolutely perfect;

"And that day, Nale was amazed to discover that when Tarquin said "As you wish", what he really meant was "I love you"."