[Webcomic] The Order of the Stick thread

984 Hence the Fence

The quality certainly has stayed high the whole time, though, in some respects, I like the big, sudden, 3 pages of comics thing like #981 (end of Crystal) better than the fairly fast single pages like these. There aren't always hilarious punchlines at the end of every page, nor do there need to be, and now they're coming quite rapidly one after another, but...well, no, I'm not complaining - I'm happy we're getting so much and so often. I'm just saying, as a reader, there's something to be said for an update a week or less where something actually happens every time, in contrast to now, what, 3 in 10 days, but with only one actual action in all of them. I may be wrong and there may be a lot happening here I haven't cottoned on to, of course, that turns out to be vitally important soon.
They visited the blind priests, who're hiding something, Durkula wants a cleric to try for some reason, and they'll find one - that's not a LOT of development for 3 pages of updates, contentwise. Again, not really a complaint about quality, I guess I've just been spoiled back when they were rarer and something happened every page. Now, with more updates, things happen slightly slower and feel slightly more prolonged. Again, I think that's more to do with how I read them than with actual content/quality. Reading all three in one go is fine. It's just that this feels "light" for a weekly update. Which it no longer is, so the point is....Err...I dunno.

Last edited:
Not that I'm at all complaining, but I'm curious what brought on this surge of strips. We haven't seen this much activity since he did the Kickstarter promise of two straight weeks of daily updates.