[Webcomic] The Order of the Stick thread

And it's hard to find a cleric of high enough level.
This is super true. Most temples have a cleric for doing minor healing or even curing disease or poison if you're lucky... but raising the dead? That's not easy and it's one of the reasons Raise Dead has a ten day limit - It's long enough to get to the next big city to have your buddy raised but it's not long enough for you to ditch his body for a few days while you recover your injuries. It's also why you need a big fucking diamond to do it; it's not the kind of thing you're going to find on short notice in some podunk town.

However, this is also one of the things I disapprove of in 5th edition. In old editions, you might not have a local cleric that is strong enough to Raise Dead but you could probably find a druid who could Reincarnate him. It was easier, cheaper, but you had the risk of coming back as something you really don't want to be, like a bear or something. In 5th, it's the same level as Raise Dead, costs twice as much in components, and you no longer have a chance of coming back as something other than a PC race in the Player's Guide. I guess it's nice if you only have a druid but it's still lame.

I thought it was a different kind of skill roll...
..."Convince Other" spell?
EDIT: Oh yeah, "Diplomacy".

Last edited:
Nope. Charisma points go into Intimidation or Bluff. Always. (Iève never played a Paladin, or now that I think of it,any solidly morally grounded character)

I'm so glad to be playing 5e now. It is way less complicated in the skills area. I mostly played Shadowrun and the West End Games StarWars in HS and don't remember most of it.
Now you just have to pick proficiency and expertise (Rogue or Bard), so much simpler.