The Oldest and Largest Cosplay Event of all Time

Necronic

Staff member
So what are you all wearing for halloween this year? Post pictures or just describe ideas, whatever. Remember, this is the original Cosplay holiday.

This year I will be going as a cannibal butcher. This works because I will be tending the BBQ at a party at my house. I will be wearing tan slacks, a white button up with blood splatter. A chain belt with arms and heads hanging off of it, some "cutting tools", and some barbed wire around my neck that goes down across my chest and down one arm, with appropriate blood splatter. I'm also looking for a small lantern to hang from the chain.

Then there is the centrepiece that ties it all together. Its this amazing leather apron/gauntlet thing I found. I'll probably only be wearing one arm, the other arm will be the one with the barbed wire:

Amazon product

My girlfriend is going as "Catty Perry". Its Katy Perry with cat ears and a tail. I'm pretty excited about this.

So what are you wearing?

GasBandit

Staff member
It's been years since I dressed up for halloween. How many years? My costume was Silent Bob, and people recognized it.

Halloween is American culturam imperialism, forcing capitalist "holidays" based purely on consumerism down our throats and hijcking our own traditions around november first.

AKA, I'll be going as a hipster commie :p

Went to a Halloween party the other night with my wife. Costume was a double joke: She went as a knocked-up 50's housewife. I was the milkman.

Named Milkman Dan.

Last edited:

Necronic

Staff member
So I guess I didn't bump this last year, but its worth another bump this time around. Let's hear it, what are you guys doing?

GasBandit

Staff member
Hah, dead images! Dead images everywhere! Oh Cheezburger, why did we ever put up with you?

Not that Imgur's all that much better these days.

Dave

Staff member
Nope. Once bumped it's BUMPED FOREVER! Or until people stop replying to it and it falls off the radar.

I couldn't agree more, of course.

So is the general consensus to let this thread die, than, rather than to keep updating it? I haven't really gotten an answer yet.

One of these days I will dress up as Sgt. Hatred. My brother actually gave me an Army helmet he found but it was way too small for my noggin. Even without the webbing in it.

GasBandit

Staff member
An entire page of bumping the thread by talking about not bumping the thread. And then here comes Sixpack. I hold Grub and Bubble personally responsible, and there WILL be subtle, unprovable consequences.

I'm still unclear as to the postability of this thread. Are we supposed to let it die? Or are we now using it to post about what we would like to dress up as for Hallowe'en.

I'm going to go with the second option and state that I would love to have the time and money to have a 501st compliant Stormtrooper armor and TK number.

Necronic

Staff member
You guys ever get one of those company wide emails and someone replies all and its followed by someone else replying all telling the to stop replying all then someone else replies all and points out that the last dude replied all and we should stop replying all.

Yeah it's kind of lik that.

You guys ever get one of those company wide emails and someone replies all and its followed by someone else replying all telling the to stop replying all then someone else replies all and points out that the last dude replied all and we should stop replying all.

Yeah it's kind of lik that.
"Hello, I'm Mr Blowhard, the big boss here at Workstuffs, and this is a company wide email about something very trivial. I don't know how email works, so please REPLY ALL so I know you all read it."