The not-so-serious but I want to rant thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Taco Bell last night and much to my disgust they raised the prices of most of their food. Most everything I order from them has gone up about 50 cents (if not more). Everything on there :quote:value:quote: menu is either crap or no longer a value. I know they are trying to entice people to buy their new $2 meals but I don't want chips and a soda with my order I just want to order my burritos at a half decent price.
I think you need to take a look at the core of your problem before you can find a solution. Ask yourself why you're going to taco bell in the first place. Are things going poorly at work? Perhaps the home life has hit a bump. Maybe you feel abandonded by the one you call god. Whatever the cause I just want you to know that you have friends who care about you. You don't need to take things out on yourself with taco bell.

<3

I went to Taco Bell last night and much to my disgust they raised the prices of most of their food. Most everything I order from them has gone up about 50 cents (if not more). Everything on there :quote:value:quote: menu is either crap or no longer a value. I know they are trying to entice people to buy their new $2 meals but I don't want chips and a soda with my order I just want to order my burritos at a half decent price.
I think you need to take a look at the core of your problem before you can find a solution. Ask yourself why you're going to taco bell in the first place. Are things going poorly at work? Perhaps the home life has hit a bump. Maybe you feel abandonded by the one you call god. Whatever the cause I just want you to know that you have friends who care about you. You don't need to take things out on yourself with taco bell.

<3[/QUOTE]

Hey, lay off. All the guy wants is a cheap way to get explosive diarrhea.

Dude, I like Taco Bell. Of course I don't eat meat, which probably influences that opinion, but still. And now that I think about it, I kind of enjoy explosive diarrhea too, so maybe you should take my opinion with a grain of salt.

<3[/QUOTE]

It's called not wanting to cook at 9:30 pm and deciding to grab a quick taco

W

Wasabi Poptart

I forgot this weekend is Father's Day. I already bought cards to send to my dad and my husband's step-father from the kids. I got one for my daughter's Godfather. I didn't, however, get a card or gift for Mr. Wasabi from me or the kids. I am such a dumbass. :| Yes, I do realize I have plenty of time, but just the idea that I bought stuff for everyone else bugs me.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

I guess I'll just shut up about it, though, if it's gotten that irritating to dredge through.
I don't think the issue is that we're annoyed by it, it's that we want you to be happy again and you seem to be investing way too many brain cells in dwelling on the past. Part of the reason I wanted you to visit TO this summer is so I could buy you and Nicky some beers and we'd all have a genuinely awesome time and maybe you could think about something else for a while.

Offer's still open, BTW. For anyone really. You come to my city, I buy you a beer and make you forget all yo troubles.

....:unibrow:[/QUOTE]

Gusto is, like, totally hitting on you right now.

Cajungal

Staff member
Time is a nice gift, especially if you never get to see him. Have a nice chat afterwards. :) I'm making dad some ribs for lunch and chocolate/lemon pies for dessert... can't buy ANY of those ingredients. :\

At some point during my adventures tonight, I walked into a spiderweb.

Even though I've taken a shower since then, I can't shake the feeling that I've still got webbing in my hair.

It's maddening.

M

makare

and i have it on good authority that there is also a tick on you. It was spread by cuddles from a tainted party.

M

Matt²

At some point during my adventures tonight, I walked into a spiderweb.

Even though I've taken a shower since then, I can't shake the feeling that I've still got webbing in my hair.

It's maddening.
I woulda said "spidering"

So, I messaged a girl on a dating site recently (yes, i know, i should talk to girls IRL, blargh!). She messaged me back tonight asking if I was *my real name*? So, I said yes, but couldn't place her. I knew she was familiar, but couldn't place a name to the face. She then tells me her name and it is one of my old acquaintances from high school. A girl I had talked to a bit, but wasn't really great friends with or anything. I then proceed to ask about her father, whom I remember seeing around the building at the company I work for. He was laid off in January. She has not messaged me back after that. So, in 4 messages, i managed to completely alienate a former friend. Super. :doh:

I really just give a phone call for mother's/father's day. I don't understand people obsessing over what I consider Hallmark holidays, but if you have a parent who's going to bitch about what they did/didn't get, be it money, time, gift, etc, continuing to give what you choose to give, eventually they're going to get used to it and learn to live with it.

Like CG said, time itself is special if not given much.

Cajungal

Staff member
Oh, you naughty fellows.

My tiny rant is that I wish I had a cup of coffee. I also wish that emails wouldn't vanish from this office, because then I have to deal with the aftermath: angry, confused parents. Oh well, everything seems to be coming back together this morning.

I have no idea what my BMI or body fat percentage is, but to be honest I'm afraid to find out. I know I'm overweight. I was in the best shape I've ever been in at the end of last summer and I've gained 20lbs since then according to my bathroom scale. I do wonder if my bathroom scale is off though. I think its more like 10lbs. Either way I'm definitely overweight. I'm 5'7" and stocky, I haven't weighed less than 150lbs in atleast 10 years.

Cajungal

Staff member
Just don't try to check it online. They can't poke you with calipers online. :p

But yeah, supposedly there's some better system now. I don't know much about all that.

Hung over on a workday...

On the way home I stopped and bought a 6-pack of tall boys (beer). Got home had some beer in a frosty mug, PvP'ed in Warcraft for a couple of hours... Just as I was ready to go to bed, my friend, who is staying with me, comes in with another 6-pack of tall boys and cheap cigars. We sat around discussing his issues at home, and listening to a bunch of 70's and 80's alternative music... look up and it is 2 am...

I was totally enabling him to drink to excess, when he said he wanted to slow down and not drink until he knows whether or not he's going to leave his wife.

So now I have a mild headache, and I'm coughing up all that smoke from the phillies blunts...

I start to feel like this situation with this girl I like is stagnating. I want to go have an ice cream or something with her and tell her I like her (Woah, lots of "her" in this sentence!) but I don't even have the time because of homework and neglected sleeping! Sincs saturday, I've been feeling like it's all working all right and, sudenly, like if there was no chemistry between us.
I'm getting so frustrateeeeeeeed!

I start to feel like this situation with this girl I like is stagnating. I want to go have an ice cream or something with her and tell her I like her (Woah, lots of "her" in this sentence!) but I don't even have the time because of homework and neglected sleeping! Sincs saturday, I've been feeling like it's all working all right and, sudenly, like if there was no chemistry between us.
You haven't had a lot of time with her this week, right? It could just be that. Make some time to spend with her - like meet for lunch or something - and see if that refreshes the situation. If not... well, it's still worth a go.

You haven't had a lot of time with her this week, right? It could just be that. Make some time to spend with her, and see if that refreshes the situation. If not... well, it's still worth a go.[/QUOTE]

I have spent time with her this week... mostly, rehearsing a monologue in wich I'm bitter and depressed. But having time with her means being with her in class and during the little break time we have: that means we are together but also accompained by 27 other people. While this gives me these "now it's working, now it isn't" moments, I can't end this situation telling her I like her. Yesterday they even had a camera rolling in class, maybe that was the way to go: If it has to be a public show, at least let's have it recorded! (after all, everybody there knows or guesses about "us") ...

Bah, frustration and overdue work and stress and tiredness don't mix well...

Well, I meant alone time, where you could be with her as a couple, not as colleagues or classmates.
I don't usually get that kind of time with her. And when we do, her little sister and her mother are watching Buffy with us >_<

Don't worry, I was just ranting. I did so here, and in the private conversation on facebook I have about her with my two allies in class and my two best friends... and I didn't write it on my personal journal because I'm feeling lazy :p

Well ask her out to a movie just the two of you then!
I would if I had the time this week! BUT I DON'T! That's part of my current frustration...

I hate you, papers about postmodernism and terminator and investigation techniques and frigging Claudia Llosa thinking that because she was nominated for an oscar she can ask us to devote all our time to her little workshop/class :mad:

EDIT:
That was meant to be a little angry face.

You're welcome. That'll be 42 Halbucks, please.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

LMAO, he really did send me 42 Halbucks :p

Status
Not open for further replies.