[Other] The not so funny pic thread (some NSFL or gore)

Speaking of this, I've been trying to find my great great grandpa's name for the longest time I've found my great grandpa's grave and so have his birth and death date and his marriage certificate but beyond that I can't find any info on him or his father. I'm trying to trace it back to the Oklahoma Cherokee registry. My Great Grandfather was 50% Cherokee so above that either his father or mother was 100% and I'm just trying to find that connection but I can't find anything on either of them and it's extremely frustrating.

I'm suspecting that if your grandfather was born in OK, and your great-grandpa was from the Oklahoma Territory, that part of your issues may be due to non-statehood.

I don't have any Native American in my background (that I know of), so I can't suggest anything.

1510807_10151824863661326_665008128_.jpg

1622617_10151824863896326_2029575898.jpg

Now someone needs to stick a skinny light bulb down the (bottle's) neck OR fill it with luminase/ATP and take some pictures.

--Patrick

I should add one from my family.

He woke up in the night screaming for his brothers to make the ants stop biting his arm. So they went outside, dug the arm up, and wiped the ants off.

fade

Staff member
Sentence 1: expectation. Sentence 2: subversion.[DOUBLEPOST=1393964057,1393963802][/DOUBLEPOST]My older sister used to do the hand one. She would stand in the dark in my room with her hand on my light switch.

Wasn't that one of our contests a few years ago?
I think ours was "stories that fit in a tweet". Almost-but-not-exactly the same.

Also, I think some of orus were better - while some of these were unsettling/creepy, most of them relied on the same cliché "subversion". Having, what, 4 out of 20 about hearing things while home alone/living alone and seeing/hearing something "normal" from someone dead, etc, gets old fast. Wayt o overuse a subversion to the point it's a trope itself!

GasBandit

Staff member
Hrm.... do they come in men's styles, too?

Also, notice how the incisors are in the front, the canines are on the sides, and the molars are in the heels.

GasBandit

Staff member
Your state is the best

Your state is the worst.

Hmm... Colorado has the lowest obesity rate and the highest cocaine use? Coincidence?

Well, that median family income is all going to taxes, anyway. I love my state, but I hate our property taxes. They are ridiculous.

Also, how is "most cursing" even a thing? Could they not come up with something else for Maryland? How do you even calculate that?

GasBandit

Staff member
But is it the fault of the state (blue north west) that they have the highest Iraq casualities rate?
Er... are you high? Because that's green north east. But anyway, that's Vermont. The way I was told to remember it (cause I used to always get it confused with its mirror state, New Hampshire) is Vermont is the one that looks like a V.[DOUBLEPOST=1395780701,1395780597][/DOUBLEPOST]Also having attended public school in Maryland up through grade 5, and then switching to various other states, I can confirm that from my first-hand experience Maryland does have the best public schools.