[Other] The not so funny pic thread (some NSFL or gore)

GasBandit

Staff member
... I wonder at what point on the drop a person realizes they have left the slide.
I wonder how well the slide will actually do when they have to close it after every rider to flush the shit out of the bottom.[DOUBLEPOST=1384839509,1384839381][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wait... is it my imagination, or is there another "hill" after the first drop?
Nope, not your imagination.

I wonder how well the slide will actually do when they have to close it after every rider to flush the shit out of the bottom.[DOUBLEPOST=1384839509,1384839381][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nope, not your imagination.
That's a terrible design decision then. It's easy to slow yourself down on a waterslide, whether deliberately or not, such as by dragging bare skin against the plastic sides. A loss of momentum would make a person unable to clear the hill, and he slides back down into the valley. Just in time for the next guy to slide into him.

GasBandit

Staff member
That's a terrible design decision then. It's easy to slow yourself down on a waterslide, whether deliberately or not, such as by dragging bare skin against the plastic sides. A loss of momentum would make a person unable to clear the hill, and he slides back down into the valley. Just in time for the next guy to slide into him.
There's got to me more to it than that. My first thought was, how do they keep the dip between the big drop and the hill from just filling up with water?

In places that aren't China worth have safety in mind they wouldn't let the second person go until the first one was clear

figmentPez

Staff member
There's got to me more to it than that. My first thought was, how do they keep the dip between the big drop and the hill from just filling up with water?
It's been done before. In fact there's a ride at some park, probably several at this point, that uses water jets to propel people uphill. The slide has holes that drain at a steady rate to keep it from being a puddle.