The Lego appreciation thread

Can you purchase mini-figures separate from the sets? I'm looking for some Star Wars ones for my son, but don't want to buy a bunch of different (and expensive) sets just for the mini-figures.

They also sell them at LEGO's official online store, but only in packs.

How old is your child? You might want to sign them up for the LEGO magazine. It's free and it has fun stuff in it. I know for awhile they were sending out free comics with it too, but that was years ago.
My boss' son is part of a LEGO fanclub. He gets all sorts of cool stuff from that, plus competitions to build sets.

LEGO's are pretty much the greatest toy ever.[DOUBLEPOST=1344990838][/DOUBLEPOST]BTW, I love this site: http://letsbuilditagain.com/index.php

Can you purchase mini-figures separate from the sets? I'm looking for some Star Wars ones for my son, but don't want to buy a bunch of different (and expensive) sets just for the mini-figures.
There is a great resource for aftermarket Lego -- Bricklink. It's basically ebay specifically for Lego items.

The minifigs for sale page is here. Which ones are you looking for?

Right now I just know he wants Darth Vader. There are more, but he names off so many that it's hard to remember them! Thanks for the link evilmike. I bookmarked it since I know I'm going to have to start thinking about Christmas soon.

That is really funny.

Should I be worried that I noticed that it's not 100% movie accurate? The picture uses the body from a Return of the Jedi Luke instead of one from Star Wars.
No, I had a hard time identifying the scene because of that.

Shouldn't that be a lot smaller in scale? Like half that size?
I don't know -- do you want to be the one to tell him he's the wrong scale? ;)

In other news, next week there will be a Star Wars Lego special next Wednesday September 26 at 8:00pm on the Cartoon Network. (via FBTB)