The I'm Drunk/Wasted/High thread part too drunk to count

I'll say it here. Leigh's suicide attempt has left me a mess. It shouldn't have. I deal with some much disgusting, illegal horrible shit in my day to day life that I should be able to shuck it off. This is dreadful, but I've always felt like if someone decides to end their own life, they should have every right too and by intervening the way that Poe, Dave and I did I was going against my own principals. I don't regret it and I'm sure his family sure as hell doesn't. But at the same time it has left me in a completely fucked up place emotionally.
If it helps, I'd say that regardless of your opinions on ending your life, it doesn't seem like Leigh was in a good enough place mentally to let himself make a decision like that.

If it helps, I'd say that regardless of your opinions on ending your life, it doesn't seem like Leigh was in a good enough place mentally to let himself make a decision like that.
That I do completely agree with which is why I don't feel bad in any way about what I did. It's just a lingering, confusing feeling.

Last edited:
Feeling guilty about doing something out of the ordinary but while under the influence of multiple mind-altering substances (including hormones) is ... mostly silly.
I mean, you presumably have not had any formal training designed to harden your mental resistance to drugs or other means of swaying your opinion.
Beating yourself up over it is like cursing the fact that you fell asleep after taking a Tylenol PM, or apologizing for being unable to shut up after drinking 4 Red Bulls.
It's less "How could this happen?" and more "Hardly surprising."

--Patrick

Yeah, I know. My posting style is pretty distinct that hiding that that was me up there is futile and dopey. Tonight was a wedding and even more insane emotional bullshit happened. I told her about what happened. She was very upset. I let her be without any response to it. I let her be furious with me without defense. I deserved it. I don't know if we'll be able to fix it. If we don't, it's completely my fault.

I'll say it here. Leigh's suicide attempt has left me a mess. It shouldn't have. I deal with some much disgusting, illegal horrible shit in my day to day life that I should be able to shuck it off. This is dreadful, but I've always felt like if someone decides to end their own life, they should have every right too and by intervening the way that Poe, Dave and I did I was going against my own principals. I don't regret it and I'm sure his family sure as hell doesn't. But at the same time it has left me in a completely fucked up place emotionally.

I feel ashamed of this but I know I shouldn't.
You're a good man charlie brown. Do what you gotta do. I too have been in your shoes with that old friend deal. You stopped and im sure your gf will forgive you the transgression.

This whole weekend has been a haze of booze and hormones and I want to forget it ever happened as soon as possible.

So, last night was a wedding rehearsal dinner for a friend of mine. GOT GOODnDRUNK.

Tomorrow/today is the wedding itself. I look forward to seeing how badly I can fuck up.

A shot of Jameson, a pumpkin beer, two martinis, a shot of gin, and a tall yuengling, TONIGHT WAS A GOOD NIGHT! Except for paying for the first two drinks, me and my brother wondered why that bar was empty and it was because the drinks were annoyingly expensive.

Also the shot of gin was given to me, and while I was scared to ask from who it was still nice.

A shot of Jameson, a pumpkin beer, two martinis, a shot of gin, and a tall yuengling, TONIGHT WAS A GOOD NIGHT! Except for paying for the first two drinks, me and my brother wondered why that bar was empty and it was because the drinks were annoyingly expensive.

Also the shot of gin was given to me, and while I was scared to ask from who it was still nice.
TIL Yoshi will drink anything put in front of him.

I'm not drunk yet, but we definitely just took a hayride to the liquor store and the bar from my friend's birthday party.

This is my last Saturday before Jun arrives. Drink more you bastard. Kill your sperm. Do anything to prevent yourself from becoming Steinman. You can't afford it. Drink damn you. Jun wanted four kids. She'll never stop there.

Cajungal

Staff member
When I finish this annotated bibliography, I'm going to crack open that goddamned Jameson and make myself forget everything I just read. Then I'm going to create a graphic novel with a superhero named Action Researcher. And he will be sad.

There should be a test for nonsensically complicated character design, and it should be called the Nomura-Liefeld Test. Too many details or features without coherence, style, or sense? It fails the Nomura-Liefeld test.

Liquor and jazz. Specifically, bourbon and Brubeck. Damn, it's a good night.

Why couldn't I have gotten the news of my passed exam on Friday? Now I'll be all hunf over at work tomorrow.

At least o don't have any early cases.

Take five!

Cajungal

Staff member
This lit review is so... mediocre. I mean,some parts are just BAD. But Ive seen everyone else in the class's forum module responses, and I'm at least better than that, which in thise caes is good enough. Feels so firty to say that. Good enough. Blegh. But I'll save my good writing for shit that matter.s Stuff for the ages. Stuff that will in all likelihood rot in my desk drawers and extenal garddrives but still. stil.