The I Don't Care if You Just Had Sex Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Again, you could, you know, start a conversation? Instead of bemoaning the problem, you could maybe perhaps offer a solution?

You're not asking "hey guys, can we have more satisfying conversation than the normal internet drivel?", you're asking "hey guys, can you give me more satisfying conversation than the normal internet drivel?" and the reaction you're getting is "Entertain yourself."

And now ElJuski doesn't want people to post about having sex because he doesn't find it entertaining. Despite the fact that we're comfortable enough with each other to even post things like that, as a Minor Victory of sorts, you've decided to be an arbiter of what good conversation is. And then when you do realize that when it comes to 'meaningful conversation' you're not exactly the bastion, your attempt to add 'content' is basically a super-extended whine about what everyone else posts.

How about instead of being damned if you dare say something about 'satisfying conversation', you try being damned if you don't?

S

SeraRelm

When have you ever asked that in a normal manner and not a trolling one?

ElJuski

Staff member
Again, you could, you know, start a conversation? Instead of bemoaning the problem, you could maybe perhaps offer a solution?
I...I did. And I add to countless different conversations daily on these boards that aren't just me saying you're all beneath me. Seriously, check it out! PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING!

By the way, I'm lavishing all this attention. This can be Halforum's birthday present to me (mine is only a handful of days after Goose's!)

No, its more like I'm damned if I dare say something like, "hey guys, can we have more satisfying conversation than the normal internet drivel?" because I'M SUCH AN AWFUL AWFUL MAN, so when I get seven threads of people's angry knee-jerk reactions, I just end up shaking my head and laughing. Also, at a certain point I might as well just revel in the fact that "I'm so contrarian".
Well take the lead in steering this ship in a better direction. Put that wealth of knowledge and charisma to spicing up the conversations. But nobody likes negative people, especially ones that come in and shit on a party.

ElJuski

Staff member
No, its not "your sex threads are not entertaining me", its "your sex threads are embarrassingly stupid".

I'm not saying I'm never condescending; just that I'm not always condescending. But y'all should know that I also don't take the internet as serious business.

AND YES, like I said a few pages prior, I should just be happy you guys are getting some and move on.

So, to clarify: When ElJuski trolls, it's because he doesn't take the internet too seriously. When other people troll ElJuski, it's because they take the internet too seriously.

I getcha.

I don't mind the sex talk. I do know the feeling of "oh, all these intelligent and interesting people here with common interests to me, we could have so much more meaningful discussion!".

But you know what? Sera and some others feel that way about SSATPP thread. I feel that way about image macro's and gif-conversations. You feel that way about all the sex talk. Y'know, Sera probably doesn't read those forum games. I just glance by the ever-recycled images from always the same cartoons. You just skip past the sex talk, hmm? Everybody'll be happier.
Because, at least for me, talking about sex "in high school" is "herp derp sex is cool". Talking about sex here is interesting and fun and sometimes even educational. Of course we joke. Of course some of us will behave like a teen who just got laid for the first time (hint: some of us may actually *be* teens getting laid for the first time - or people for who it's been so long they feel like the first time). Of course some'll be more serious about it. Of course some will try and flaunt their sexuality inyour face like no-one's business. So what? That's life.

Also, North_Ranger, yes, I was going for that :p

fade

Staff member
I for one am disappointed that no one here has had sex just for the express purpose of posting it in this thread.

Cajungal

Staff member
Y'all know that bitter friend who accompanies you to your favorite bar just so she can roll her eyes and make fun of all the people enjoying themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.