[TV] The General Marvel TV/Streaming Thread

Marvel has signed a deal with Netflix to produce 4 13-episode series on Netflix as well as a mini-series. The shows will be based around Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist. The mini-series will be "The Defenders".

(via The Hollywood Reporter)

Jessica Jones? Really? Well at least Netflix knows Brian Michael Bendis will be watching the show.

So, remember when everyone freaked out because Disney bought Marvel? I'd have to say I'm sure that the vast majority of this wouldn't be happening if they didn't have Disney backing them. So, in the end, it was probably a good thing.

It kind of gives me hope for the Star Wars franchise.

I just wish there was a spin-off of Luke Cage and Iron Fist from The Avengers cartoon. I hope it's good! Daredevil done right would be awesome too.

I know people really want to rag on and complain about Disney, but they're very smart about acquiring successful creative outlets and enhancing their creative skills with their improved funding and distribution systems.

I know people really want to rag on and complain about Disney, but they're very smart about acquiring successful creative outlets and enhancing their creative skills with their improved funding and distribution systems.
This is true, but Disney has also been known to... well...

This could be great. Might actually get Netflix just for this.

Is it just me or is Netflix turning into a network on it's own rights now? It's producing original content, but it's doing it on it's own terms.

This could be great. Might actually get Netflix just for this.

Is it just me or is Netflix turning into a network on it's own rights now? It's producing original content, but it's doing it on it's own terms.
Netflix now has more US subscribers than HBO, with a lot less pretentiousness and need to add breasts to everything.

The way they're approaching the original programming is interesting as well. They're looking at the analytics of their users, and ordering shows according to the different audiences. So Netflix doesn't intend or care that people who watch House of Cards don't watch Hemlock Grove for example. They know there's an audience that likes horror and Eli Roth, so they ordered Hemlock Grove. It's really clever.

Their original programming is generally good too (beyond the analytics of who watches what). Hemlock Grove being the only stinker.

They're definitely on their way to becoming an eminent power in what we watch.

Indeed. I'm hoping that they end up setting these shows in the 1970s, personally.
Unlikely, but hopefully they can retain some of that vibe.

Having a Defenders Mini that doesn't have Dr. Strange *who was one of the first people listed on the kill list in Cap 2* just feels wrong to me, though. :(

Unlikely, but hopefully they can retain some of that vibe.

Having a Defenders Mini that doesn't have Dr. Strange *who was one of the first people listed on the kill list in Cap 2* just feels wrong to me, though. :(
To be fair, Dr. Strange is just too big a character to be slumming it on TV. Much as I love Daredevil, the TV setting is good for him.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/27/report-charlie-cox-is-marvel-and-netflixs-daredevil/

Current rumour has Charlie Cox is (or will be) cast for Daredevil/Matt Murdock. He's best known as starring in Stardust (a criminally underrated movie) and several appearances in Boardwalk Empire. I've never seen the latter, but heard it was great.

Personally, I'm definitely okay with this news if it's true. He seems to be a solid actor and looks like he could play the part well. We'll see.

Looking good. I'm wondering who they'll get as Foggy Nelson.

My goal for the next Comic Con is to get into good enough shape so I can wear the Daredevil outfit and look passable. I'm talking about the original costume. Incidentally, the gf is being very supportive.