[TV] The General Marvel TV/Streaming Thread

Oh man, him?

This is going to be the weirdest niggle about an actor ever, but his stupid giant earlobes drive me nuts. I hate them.

I am really psyched about a Luke Cage show, and Iron Fist, and...

I might get tired of all the super-hero films/shows, but it hasn't happened yet.

fade

Staff member
It was that popped collar that did it for you?[DOUBLEPOST=1441294836,1441294765][/DOUBLEPOST]Nightwing vs Iron Fist: Collar to the death.

The collar is inside the house.

Danny Rand/Dick Grayson: Collar ID Crisis

Yeah, but then you have to reload. It's much cooler to just throw away the whole gun and pull out a new one.
Borderlands proved this to be correct. Tediore guns are basically Wal-Mart guns (square boxes with grips and maybe a scope) with no way to reload them... so you throw the gun away like a grenade and it explodes, with a new gun creating itself in your hand. Do it with a rocket launcher and it turns itself into a rocket.

The best version of these? The ones that explode into more exploding guns.

Borderlands proved this to be correct. Tediore guns are basically Wal-Mart guns (square boxes with grips and maybe a scope) with no way to reload them... so you throw the gun away like a grenade and it explodes, with a new gun creating itself in your hand. Do it with a rocket launcher and it turns itself into a rocket.

The best version of these? The ones that explode into more exploding guns.
I have never seen that variation.

fade

Staff member
Man, if aliens ever get our tv and movie broadcasts, they will think that clock technology stopped at the flippy clock.

Another Jessica Jones teaser:
I'd like this a lot more if it didn't show Hell's Kitchen as being empty. It's NEVER* that empty, 24 hrs a day. Also because it's the main exit for the Lincoln Tunnel.

(*okay, once in my life have I ever seen it close to that empty, but that was because of *ahem* events downtown. Even in the Blackout of '03 there were a few cars but the streets were still packed with people all night.)

fade

Staff member
I'd like this a lot more if it didn't show Hell's Kitchen as being empty. It's NEVER* that empty, 24 hrs a day. Also because it's the main exit for the Lincoln Tunnel.

(*okay, once in my life have I ever seen it close to that empty, but that was because of *ahem* events downtown. Even in the Blackout of '03 there were a few cars but the streets were still packed with people all night.)
You know, when I was a kid, I used to be really bothered by shows that left people out of the world. Horror anthologies were really bad about it (which is probably due to using their already shoestring budgets on props and gore). One of the things 80s cinema did better than decades before and since is make the world feel full. When Tootsie or Splash or Ghostbusters or Superman cast members walk through NYC, it's chock full o' people.

I imagine it's just for the promo.