The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

...that can be a good thing, or a bad thing, considering that many DQ's in northern climates close from October to February...
where did you live that they did that any time in the present? I live in Minnesota and none of ours do that anymore.
Only the ones with outdoor facing serving stations...
thats why I was asking. all of ours were remodeled so that was no longer an issue.

All the DQs around here close from roughly Thanksgiving until March, and they're all indoor locations. They also are the kind that exclusively sell ice cream, so that may have something to do with it.

GasBandit

Staff member
All the DQs down here are just as much about their burgers as their ice cream, so I think even if it got cold enough, they probably wouldn't close. That said, their burgers are overpiced :/

Dave

Staff member
Tonight is Sammi's last night in Omaha. Tomorrow she moves to Washington state to live. We spent the night eating complete crap and playing board games and a rousing few rounds of Cards Against Humanity. We all had a lot of fun and my wife kicked all of our asses in every game but the last one, which is called "Stupid Deaths", which I won. Now I'm going to bed and her and my wife are sitting up for a bit and talking.

It's an epic win because we're giving her a really nice sendoff. I know tomorrow is going to be hard but no matter what happens she'll always remember tonight and how we as a family laughed and carried on. She might be back someday and she might not ever live in Omaha again. Personally, I think it's great that she's going to go live somewhere else. i think it's something everyone should do in their life. We'll miss her, but I think this is overall a good thing.

She might be back someday and she might not ever live in Omaha again. Personally, I think it's great that she's going to go live somewhere else. i think it's something everyone should do in their life. We'll miss her, but I think this is overall a good thing.
I feel your pain Dave, my daughter moved up near you to St. Joseph, Mo. She'll never move back here, but they're having fun, being their own family, and we're happy for them to have that.

My parents, to this day, still try to get me to move back "home," but my interest is zero. I grew up with lake effect snow and I am over it. I will stick to living where I can still occasionally get snow, but for the most part it stays in the mountains, where I can use it to ski.

@Sparhawk @Celt Z @Dei (and anyone else hoping for a launch in November)

Looks like we've struck out with launches in the first week of November. It's possible there will still be a Starlink launch later in the month, but SpaceX doesn't have any firm dates set.

Sweet, enjoy it! My own vacation is drawing to a close, I'll be going back to work on Monday...

Hell of a week. I got to see Sabaton with HammerFall in Montreal on Wednesday, then HammerFall headlining in Ottawa on Halloween (Machine Messiah, Scepter, Lycanthro and Infrared opened). Both shows were fantastic, I had a blast, no voice left and a very sore neck.

What a great week.

@Sparhawk @Celt Z @Dei (and anyone else hoping for a launch in November)

Probably too late for some of you, but SpaceX finally set a date for one of the Starlink launches -- November 11th at 9:51am. Landing on Of Course I Still Love You 400 miles down range.

Just got approval to take my OFT training (yet to be scheduled). What is that, you ask? Well, once I finish I will be an adjunct instructor at my university. That's MISTER Dave to you knuckleheads.
What? You gonna run around and squirt people with water? Gonna get some people really mad at you during those cold snaps.

Dave

Staff member
Guy at my work yesterday informed me that his son had built him a full video game cabinet. It has several emulators and games and is just an amazing machine. (He showed me pictures of it and videos of it in action - it's neat!)

So how is this an epic win for me? Well, he brought in his X-Arcade Tank Stick and just gave it to me. He said he didn't need it any more and that he knew I'd like it. Now all I have to do is figure out how to program the buttons and I'm good to go!

Thanksgiving break next week. School district I work for gives us time off starting on Wednesday. Which means that since I was able to snag Mon & Tues off, I am spending 2 vacation days to get 9 days in a row off. :cool:
Awww yeah. I'm grateful that our district gives us the entire week off for Thanksgiving. I could use a week off.

Dave

Staff member
Nice! I always start strong and then lose focus after a couple of days. I have 3 or 4 unfinished novels, a couple of which I think would be strong marketers. One of them is no longer viable due to other movies/books coming out that are really similar. Damn my procrastination!

You americans and your weird tax system... celebrating getting your own money back...
Well, this one is actually celebrating how much money he got as a bonus at work after taxes were taken out. It's way too early to get tax money back. :p