The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

Reactions
284 154 2
...that can be a good thing, or a bad thing, considering that many DQ's in northern climates close from October to February...
where did you live that they did that any time in the present? I live in Minnesota and none of ours do that anymore.
Only the ones with outdoor facing serving stations...
thats why I was asking. all of ours were remodeled so that was no longer an issue.

Reactions
1,542 404 3
All the DQs around here close from roughly Thanksgiving until March, and they're all indoor locations. They also are the kind that exclusively sell ice cream, so that may have something to do with it.

GasBandit

Staff member
Reactions
7,434 1,575 30
All the DQs down here are just as much about their burgers as their ice cream, so I think even if it got cold enough, they probably wouldn't close. That said, their burgers are overpiced :/

Dave

Staff member
Reactions
2,507 1,179 23
Tonight is Sammi's last night in Omaha. Tomorrow she moves to Washington state to live. We spent the night eating complete crap and playing board games and a rousing few rounds of Cards Against Humanity. We all had a lot of fun and my wife kicked all of our asses in every game but the last one, which is called "Stupid Deaths", which I won. Now I'm going to bed and her and my wife are sitting up for a bit and talking.

It's an epic win because we're giving her a really nice sendoff. I know tomorrow is going to be hard but no matter what happens she'll always remember tonight and how we as a family laughed and carried on. She might be back someday and she might not ever live in Omaha again. Personally, I think it's great that she's going to go live somewhere else. i think it's something everyone should do in their life. We'll miss her, but I think this is overall a good thing.

Reactions
729 176 3
She might be back someday and she might not ever live in Omaha again. Personally, I think it's great that she's going to go live somewhere else. i think it's something everyone should do in their life. We'll miss her, but I think this is overall a good thing.
I feel your pain Dave, my daughter moved up near you to St. Joseph, Mo. She'll never move back here, but they're having fun, being their own family, and we're happy for them to have that.

Reactions
2,031 419 5
My parents, to this day, still try to get me to move back "home," but my interest is zero. I grew up with lake effect snow and I am over it. I will stick to living where I can still occasionally get snow, but for the most part it stays in the mountains, where I can use it to ski.

Reactions
1,151 118 0
@Sparhawk @Celt Z @Dei (and anyone else hoping for a launch in November)

Looks like we've struck out with launches in the first week of November. It's possible there will still be a Starlink launch later in the month, but SpaceX doesn't have any firm dates set.

Reactions
165 42 0
Sweet, enjoy it! My own vacation is drawing to a close, I'll be going back to work on Monday...

Hell of a week. I got to see Sabaton with HammerFall in Montreal on Wednesday, then HammerFall headlining in Ottawa on Halloween (Machine Messiah, Scepter, Lycanthro and Infrared opened). Both shows were fantastic, I had a blast, no voice left and a very sore neck.

What a great week.

Reactions
2,665 762 25
My own vacation is drawing to a close, I'll be going back to work on Monday...
Today was my first day back.
I got a bunch done while I was off. Not enough to really make me happy, but enough so at least I don't feel like it was a total faffer.

--Patrick

Reactions
1,151 118 0
@Sparhawk @Celt Z @Dei (and anyone else hoping for a launch in November)

Probably too late for some of you, but SpaceX finally set a date for one of the Starlink launches -- November 11th at 9:51am. Landing on Of Course I Still Love You 400 miles down range.

Reactions
729 176 3
Today is officially one year since my wife’s last radiation treatment!

Spending our time in Disney’s Animal Kingdom doing some of her favorite things, Finding Nemo the Musical, Festival of the Lion King , Flame Tree BBQ, and The restaurant Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge.