The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

Baby girl arrived a couple of weeks ago. Mom and baby are great (pictures later).
Trying to get to a good stopping point in the lab.
Arranging movers for the stuff and the car.
Got a condo rental 2 miles from campus.
Leaving my home state for the East coast for the foreseeable future in about a week and a half.
Haven't freaked out or lost my mind...yet.
Totally been there. Hang in there, man!

When is the house-warming party and can we all crash on the sofa?
Yeah... that's gonna have to wait a while. At least until I can get my cookware moved over and have my department at work ironed out well enough that I can take a Saturday off.

I say we put Celt Z's hand in warm water while she's asleep.[DOUBLEPOST=1389300020,1389299974][/DOUBLEPOST]
Of course, it's roomier. Celt Z is hogging the whole thing.

...I don't think I want to sleep on the air mattress anymore if you pull the warm water trick on her before I get there :confused:

Went in today for a much needed haircut. Went with my usual stylist Isabelle, a really cute brunette my age that's been here for barely 5-6 months. I've been going to this place since I've moved to Laval 5 years ago. As always, we chatted about all kinds of stuff, with a great many thing to talk about. I only realized now we have a lot of things in common and whatnot.

Near the end of the haircut she asked me if I'd be interested to go out for coffee with her sometime. I sat there stunned as the request then I cocked my head to the side curiously and pointed to the ring to my finger and she immediately blushed, as she completely forgot I was married with a child. She laughed at herself while asking for forgiveness for the remainder of the visit. I told her there was nothing to apologize for as it's not every day a beautiful brunette asks me to go out for coffee. She blushed again.

Left there feeling like a champ, with a great haircut as well.

I'm telling you, there's something about being a father that seems to reel in normally-uninterested young ladies.

Similar thing happened to me with a barista. Flashed the ring and got the embarrassed lip-bite.

Hugs, brofist, couldn't choose, have both or something. But it's a well-known fact ;) Enjoy the attention and make sure the misses knows you're flashing the ring to ward them off :p

Dave

Staff member
Props to both for flashing the ring! You'd be surprised at how many times the ring would mysteriously disappear into a pocket.

So... back in early December my tenant (one province over) informed me that she was breaking her lease and leaving at the end of the month. [insert string of innapropriate words here]
I was planning on selling the place in March anyways, so decide to put it on the market vacant (something that generally reduces the price), not-professionally-fixed-up after her move out (something else that reduces the price), and of course, list in the middle of winter (the worst time to try and sell).
It went on the market today - at 3pm to be precise. There were 9 showings and 2 offers in the span of 6 hours. :aaah:
While I am still going to lose money (because I had to buy during a boom) it won't be very much as it is selling for more than the list price. In less than 24 hours.

Woo. Freaking. Hoo.

(This is the same place that I had on the market last summer, and in 2 weeks I had one offer for 10,000 less than list.)

fade

Staff member
I have been watching the real estate publications for a couple of years while I tried to sell my market crash disaster. The proverbial "they" now seem to say that empty is better for sales than staging these days.

Last edited:
This is the epicest win of all epic wins:

I HAD MY FIRST TWITTER FEUD

Oh come on, guys. It's brilliant. I don't think this link covers all of it, but by gum, it's most of it. This guy has the writing skills of the Ultimate Warrior.

https://twitter.com/datonflukers/status/423937962314059777

When I pointed out his Amazon author profile was filled with grammar and punctuation errors, he lost it and blocked me:

https://twitter.com/datonflukers/status/423939525896073216
Dat spelling tho

This is the epicest win of all epic wins:

I HAD MY FIRST TWITTER FEUD

Oh come on, guys. It's brilliant. I don't think this link covers all of it, but by gum, it's most of it. This guy has the writing skills of the Ultimate Warrior.

https://twitter.com/datonflukers/status/423937962314059777

When I pointed out his Amazon author profile was filled with grammar and punctuation errors, he lost it and blocked me:

https://twitter.com/datonflukers/status/423939525896073216
Clearly we just don't understand the creative mind.
CgrMo.gif

About a month ago, I had an accident on my motor scooter. My iPad 4 went flying and crumpled. Amazing it still worked, but with the shape it was in, it wasn't useable. Well, a friend of mine came to visit me in China and I had him take the poor thing back to the US to see if my Apple care + covered this sort of thing, and well--

Before: (notice the dirt in the corner--it was a rough landing--but it still turned on, received e-mails and played music. )

Apple's reaction:

Result:

Looks like the extra hundred bucks for the warranty paid off.