The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

Shannow

Staff member
Huh. Well, after a roller-coaster of a year, it ended up with me getting promoted again, now to Senior Management, getting moved back down to Texas on the company dime, and getting a pay bump to over $110k. Guess 2016 was a good year, in the end.

It's finally over. Tomorrow, just two days shy of one full calendar year of unemployment, I will receive an offer letter for a new job, for a well established software company, that pays within $3k of my most recent salary.
:)
I was there this last year, though for less time than you. The relief is something that few things compare to.

I hope you're happy where you end up. I'm glad to be liking where I ended up.

It's finally over. Tomorrow, just two days shy of one full calendar year of unemployment, I will receive an offer letter for a new job, for a well established software company, that pays within $3k of my most recent salary.
:)
You should celebrate by immediately buying a new car with a TCO that matches your new pay as closely as possible.
...actually, please don't do that. Don't be like so many of my other acquaintances who feel the need to jump up there and teeter themselves on the edge so soon after getting a new position.

--Patrick

I just got called by my neurologist's office! The MRI that I was told was going to be in November 2018 will actually be on Tuesday morning.

It turns out that my doctor had wanted it more urgently and after I called last week, his office did some digging and I've been booked for quite a while for Tuesday but nobody had told me or them...

You should celebrate by immediately buying a new car with a TCO that matches your new pay as closely as possible.
...actually, please don't do that. Don't be like so many of my other acquaintances who feel the need to jump up there and teeter themselves on the edge so soon after getting a new position.

--Patrick
Oh hell no. In fact, we're pretty damn close to paying off my wife's car, at which point I will no longer have a car payment eating up funds that could be going into savings - or paying off other high interest credit cards. No, being unemployed for a year has created enough bills and collections accounts that I will be devoting myself to paying myself current and loading up a savings account for the foreseeable future.

I just got called by my neurologist's office! The MRI that I was told was going to be in November 2018 will actually be on Tuesday morning.

It turns out that my doctor had wanted it more urgently and after I called last week, his office did some digging and I've been booked for quite a while for Tuesday but nobody had told me or them...
Oh thank god it wasn't lost last Tuesday!

No kidding right? I wouldn't have been posting an epic win in that case....

Something nearly as bad almost happened today though just now. I got a call from my family doctor's office. The lady on the phone was really happy that I picked up. I have a pain procedure at the hospital next Friday morning. I report there an hour early and I go through the same process that someone having surgery would go through except that my day ends after the block room. I made the appointment a few weeks ago and the person I booked it with asked if I would like to confirm it now and I said yes please. Because the pain clinic has such a long wait list, a new thing they are doing to try and help it move faster is that if you haven't confirmed your appointment the week before, it gets cancelled and given to someone else.

Well, the lady I made the appointment with clearly forgot to mark that I had confirmed it. The pain clinic hadn't heard from me and was concerned because I always confirm. Thankfully they called my family doctor rather than cancelling my procedure. So long story short, I'm still good for next Friday, but omg what a hot mess.

That last bit kinda reminds me of my AC dealer. I gave them my bank info to take payments each month. But the office clerk forgets to take the payment every month. So I check my statement the next month, and see the $163 payment taken out around the 5th, then at the end of the month they make up for the payment they forgot the month before, and take an additional $163 without any warning.

Dave

Staff member
And you know who also needs a big round of applause? Jasper coaches and players who let it happen. Good stuff all around.

Well, after nearly 10 years of complications, failures, disappointments, stresses, and griefs, we are expecting a baby in 7 months.

It's still quite early and people don't think I should be open about it yet because many things can still go south, I'm sick of expecting the worst, so I'm just going to be super excited and happy for a long time instead.