The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

More about this whole story at Yahoo here (assuming it stays up).
It's quite a story, and this is coming from someone who doesn't sport.
Maybe they'll get Russell Crowe to play him in the movie.

--Patrick

Reactions: Dei
NATE GOT A JOB! :D :D

Well, a better one than what he has. This should probably go in the Minor Victory thread but I don't care. I'm so happy for him and just giddy. It's not the perfect job, but at least it's closer to his degree - he'll be doing a lot of coding and what not, which suits him perfectly.

EEEeeee! We might be able to actually, like, have a life! He's worked nights and weekends since before we got married, I'm excited for the regular hours he'll have and the Mon-Fri schedule. WHAT IS LIFE, YAAAAAAY!

NATE GOT A JOB! :D :D

Well, a better one than what he has. This should probably go in the Minor Victory thread but I don't care. I'm so happy for him and just giddy. It's not the perfect job, but at least it's closer to his degree - he'll be doing a lot of coding and what not, which suits him perfectly.

EEEeeee! We might be able to actually, like, have a life! He's worked nights and weekends since before we got married, I'm excited for the regular hours he'll have and the Mon-Fri schedule. WHAT IS LIFE, YAAAAAAY!

This is definitely Epic Win material.

I finally got a chance to write this all out, and it's really long...
We're working on adding on to our house, since we were expecting a new baby. We had a contractor come in and build the frame, do the roof, and get it wrapped. The rest I will be doing. We were cutting it close, but I was hoping to have enough time to at least get our bedroom done and finished. That didn't exactly happen...

On the 9th, I had my electrical rough in inspection, Which I passed! Win number 1. The inspector said it was one of the best he'd seen by a non-professional.

After that I had to run to the doctors for a couple appointments for my wife. They were of course running late. I stayed for the first appointment, but had to run out before the second to help load up some drywall I had bought. I was hoping to make it back in time for the second appointment. I didn't, and got a call from the wife telling me to pick up our daughter and come see her in the hospital.

The baby's heartrate was high, so they hooked her up to the machines to check everything out. She also had a really high blood pressure, and was already dilated 3cm. She was still a month away from the due date, but the doc was pretty sure he'd be coming within a week. So much for getting the addition done...

After about an hour or two her blood pressure went down, and the baby's heart rate was normal. All tests came back good and they weren't sure why there was a spike. The said we could go home if we wanted to, but suggested we stay the night to be sure, which we did.

Good thing, because at 1am the wife woke me up because I was snoring. A couple seconds later and "I think my water just broke!" From there it's a bit of a blur. It's good we stayed the night, since we live an hour away, and the labor only lasted less than 5 hours. The poor wife didn't even had time to think about pain medication, she went without any!

We ended up staying in the hospital from Tuesday until Sunday. For being almost a month early, he had almost no complications. The wife had gestational diabetes, so as expected he had some issues at first with his blood sugar and had to be put on an IV. He ended up being a little jaundice and had to be under the light a couple days, but that was it.

So now it's back to working on the addition! Insulation is just about done, so now it's time for plumbing and duct work. Then the joys of drywall...

When I can find time now.

IMG_4619.JPG

I edited/posted that one from my phone so not the best quality. You can see the big scar on the bottom left though. That beast will be covered when we're done :) And that is the most epic of wins for me.