The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

Spending $28 out of pocket at various pawn shops and retail deals, I managed to garner $160 in Gamestop store credit and $40 in cash. Today was a good day.

Aagh! Leave some for us!

--Patrick
One of the tricks I did was pretty widely available. At the moment, Target is selling CoD: Ghosts for XBox One for $23.49 on their website (but it's $59.99 in store). Take it to the register, ask to price match, and preorder the next CoD for $1; it'll take $20 off. I got a copy of it for $4.75 after tax, then took it to Gamestop and got $33 for it ($22 base value, extra 50% trade-in value with coupon).

You can't do it with multiple copies of the same game for the same system, but you could try it with multiple systems if you wanted!

EDIT: I should make note of the fact that, from my time working at GS, they're probably going to drop trade-in values for some games like this sometime this week. I'd check the value before dropping money on it.

You can't do it with multiple copies of the same game for the same system, but you could try it with multiple systems if you wanted!
Nah, mostly I'm just jealous of you taking advantage of a system that doesn't interest me as much. It's like...I could use your system to win, but I'd be winning at something I don't value as highly, and so therefore it's not worth the effort to me, which is a shame because I'm passing up a significant amount of win.

--Patrick

Nah, mostly I'm just jealous of you taking advantage of a system that doesn't interest me as much. It's like...I could use your system to win, but I'd be winning at something I don't value as highly, and so therefore it's not worth the effort to me, which is a shame because I'm passing up a significant amount of win.

--Patrick
Fair enough! If you ever want the deals without the work, check out CheapAssGamer.

Dave

Staff member
Car broke down last week. The Saturn. It overheated. Water pump for $205, Alex. Thursday the Dodge broke down. Got it in on Friday, early. Mechanic couldn't look at it Friday...or Saturday...closed on Sunday. They finally looked at it on Monday.

Why is this in Epic win? Radiator cap. $20.

Car broke down last week. The Saturn. It overheated. Water pump for $205, Alex. Thursday the Dodge broke down. Got it in on Friday, early. Mechanic couldn't look at it Friday...or Saturday...closed on Sunday. They finally looked at it on Monday.

Cheaper than a car payment? :minionhappy:

/car problems suck

By Honda logic, you are a perfect candidate for a new car. Jeez, I hate those ads. buy a new car in place of a $40 a/c repair? are you that frelling stupid?

My son was a wonderful baby man today! I had my good camera and all my lenses on a boat tour and the camera bag must have come open. My little man spotted my (very expensive!!) wide angle lens across the boat and brought it to me.

My son was a wonderful baby man today! I had my good camera and all my lenses on a boat tour and the camera bag must have come open. My little man spotted my (very expensive!!) wide angle lens across the boat and brought it to me.
Yeah, but next time it's going overboard.

Spending $28 out of pocket at various pawn shops and retail deals, I managed to garner $160 in Gamestop store credit and $40 in cash. Today was a good day.
Final tally: $40 cash on various pawn shops/CoD: Ghosts deal I mentioned earlier, and wound up with $200 in GS credit and $40 cash. I made the wife happy by preordering/paying off Smash Bros bundle with the Gamecube controller, and am surprising her today with the Phoenix Wright/Professor Layton crossover.

This has been a good week...aside from my 3DS and her iPod getting stolen.

I'm down another pound or two. Weighed myself today and I'm down from 235 to 224 since I started eating better and working out more consistently about a month and a half ago.

Last week, I did one of the longer DDP Yoga workouts: the Diamond Cutter. 50 minutes and incredibly intense. In almost all the workouts available, they do a slow burn 3-second push up (from plank, lower slowly for 3 seconds, hold for 3, push back up for 3, lower for 3, then hold for 3). Half way through the Diamond Cutter, they change it to FIVE second push ups. So far, I can do one from a full plank, but need to go to my knees for the second. Right at the end of the workout, when you're exhausted, sweating, and begging for it to be over, they throw in a TEN second push up. Even on my knees, I still can't finish it.

But I've done that workout twice now - once last Friday, and once last night. Both times, by the time I was done, I was dripping with sweat. My clothes were soaked. my bandanna was soaked. My mat was soaked. But I did it. And I'm slowly getting back into the shape I remember. My body is starting to tone up and the guns are starting to return.

My goal is to be back down around 200. Maybe even 190. Hopefully, I can do that. Right now, I'm just happy to be feeling much better about myself again, at least physically.

So I was out of the office on a work site today. Had to wear hearing protection for the first time in ages. When I pulled the foam earplugs out at lunch, a very large amount of wax came with it. Hearing much better now!
Hah, that reminds me... I'm a habitual user of Q-tips to clean my ears. I know, I know, you're not supposed to do that. But it feels SOOO GOOOD. Anyway, I was kinda worried that doing this might have led to impacted/built up wax around my eardrums because a lot of the time I don't hear so well. A friend of mine's wife works at an ENT clinic, so when I was over at his house, she just had a quick look inside.

To my surprise, she described my eardrums as clean, clear, shiny, and amazingly similar to pictures of what eardums look like in textbooks.

Welp, guess it was just the loud music when I was a kid after all. But it's nice to know my eardrums are archetypical.

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190 mediante Tapatalk

In my case there was dryness (obviously, but apparently mine was above average) and a bit of discomfort. Like the eyes were itching. Everybody reacts differently.

Yeah I just got back from my one day appointment. I already have 20/20 vision and it hurts a lot less than yesterday,
What was your vision before? My contact lens power is a -6.50. So, I am quite myopic. I don't have a lot of hope for getting 20/20, but I guess 20/40 would be better than 20/2000 (or whatever it is that I have).

Heh, I'm at -7.5 or something and have a different astigmatism in each eye. I have yet to look into LASIK, but I so want to.

im at -12.5 in both eyes, with 1.5 prism and 1 cylinder due to adult astigmatism. i pretty much need new eyeballs.