The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

I honestly can't begin to express how much my mood has lifted from one quick call. Like......

SO CODEPENDENT.

If the slightest of movements didn't cause me to hack up a lung I would be bouncing around the house in joy.

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
So.

I decided to go and write up a "novelization" of a major storyline arc in one of my fave webcomics - Wapsi Square.

Went through some editing, a proofread or two, finalized it, and posted the link to it from my Google Drive to the author, Paul Taylor.

He abso-freaking-lutely LOVES it. To the point where he put the link to it up on the main page of his website.
Did you include the bit where his character get more buxom as their importance to the plot increases?

Did you include the bit where his character get more buxom as their importance to the plot increases?
I'm more concerned with the fact that most of the original characters are gone (because they don't fit the new plot), some were written out kind of hamfistedly, and some of the characters that WOULD fit haven't shown up in ages. This happened to Scary-Go-Round/Bad Machinery too.

Also, did Monica and Georgette hook up while I wasn't looking?

I like Wapsi Square, but the plot can change drastically over like 3-4 days sometimes and it's just kind of not addressed after that.

Ah, I wan't the only one to notice.

I'm sure Monica just has that effect on people.
I'm more concerned with the fact that most of the original characters are gone (because they don't fit the new plot), some were written out kind of hamfistedly, and some of the characters that WOULD fit haven't shown up in ages.
Kati laments the loss of Tepoz.

--Patrick

Ah, I wan't the only one to notice.

I'm sure Monica just has that effect on people.

Kati laments the loss of Tepoz.

--Patrick
You know, he actually got called on it, and said that it wasn't true at all, it was just that the character was dressing differently and he'd changed his art style.

Katherine Gilchrist started off looking like this when she was just a weird coworker of Monica's:

The woman hoping she doesn't shake hands in Shelly, who is repeatedly referred as being so small-chested she doesn't really need a bra. As you can see, Katherine is visibly flatter.

Then Katherine became the center of a plotline, and started looking like this:

Same character.

I like Wapsi Square, but the plot can change drastically over like 3-4 days sometimes and it's just kind of not addressed after that.
That's why I stopped reading it. It was like, "Wait, what the fuck happened? Did I miss like a month of strips?" *checks archive* "No.... things just sort of drastically shifted somehow and we're expected to go along with it. Again. Wheee...."

I still follow it daily, as I'm actually interested in the lives of the characters now, but I do often have to hoist my disbelief up pretty high.

--Patrick

That's why I stopped reading it. It was like, "Wait, what the fuck happened? Did I miss like a month of strips?" *checks archive* "No.... things just sort of drastically shifted somehow and we're expected to go along with it. Again. Wheee...."
This is pretty much what happened to me, which makes me sad because I had been reading it since '03.

This is pretty much what happened to me, which makes me sad because I had been reading it since '03.
Yeah when it went from a quirky but fun slice of life comic with some odd mythological elements here and there, to a comic about demons and vampires and reincarnations and Atlantis and conspiracies, I just checked out.

I'll be the first to admit it suffers from Cerberus Syndrome. Hell, the cast regularly visits a nightclub called Cerberus Club, and one of the supernatural characters have pet Cerberi.

Thing is, if you get past the boobs, you do have a pretty damn good story.

I'll be the first to admit it suffers from Cerberus Syndrome. Hell, the cast regularly visits a nightclub called Cerberus Club, and one of the supernatural characters have pet Cerberi.

Thing is, if you get past the boobs, you do have a pretty damn good story.
Except for the parts where it just completely jumps tracks to something completely different, that's never really integrated or explained, it's just the way things are from then on. As CeltZ, AshburnerX, and I all mentioned.

Yay! Both of my kitties are home from the vet. One is probably hyperthyroidic, and will need medication, we'll get the blood work results on that back tomorrow; the other had to have a mammary tumor removed, and now she's still half-stoned out of her gourd and snuggly as all hell, but she should be OK. Of course, now we get to try to figure out a way to stop her from jumping for the next 10 days, and running up and down the stairs, and running around chasing her sister, and just generally acting half her age, and we'll have to find a way to get the cone of shame on her, but she'll be OK.

I am totally obsessed with the northern lights and when I heard that they would be visible locally, I was super excited!

We drove out to the middle of nowhere and got this picture - stupid trees in the way!

I turned around at the same spot and this was what was behind me while I was taking northern lights pictures:

We tried another site but the show was over:

Because the moon came out and ruined everything: