The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

I'm back! We had to go back out to Alberta this past weekend, and I'm finally home and settled back into the unpacking routine again.

The epic win is two-fold.

Number the first. The reason we were in Alberta? I had to attend a church service on Sunday. Why? Because that was the service held to ordain me, my friend, and two other women from Alberta. Boo ya. 7 years of training and waiting and beaurocratic hoops, and yet another degree (convocation was back at the beginning of May), and I'm done. I have a new prefix on my name.

Number the second. Because we moved for my work, and it's a permanent contract (i.e. I leave when I decide to, as opposed to in 2 or 3 years time), we are no longer renting. This means pets are OK again. And so, on the way back from the airport on Tuesday, we dropped by the SPCA and picked up the cat the we had chosen a week before. So I have a kitty again. Woot!
I forgot I haven't read your theses! Also, you should have come visit! I mean I realise Alberta is large and you probably weren't close to Edmonton. But, you know.

I'd love to pick your brain about religion some time.

Noah: When's your anniversary?
Me: Today. Daddy and I have been married for 10 whole years!
Lily: And you still kiss each other! That's so crazy.

I forgot I haven't read your theses! Also, you should have come visit! I mean I realise Alberta is large and you probably weren't close to Edmonton. But, you know.

I'd love to pick your brain about religion some time.
The service was down in Lethbridge, and my in-laws are in Calgary. I'm never up north sadly. Also, feel free to ask away, my other graduate degree is comparitive religion/religious studies (I think you already knew that, but I can't remember), so I know about way more than just the denomination I work for.

What? Dammit, I already had this one shopped up.

View attachment 14979
That is also acceptable. Actually... yoink!

I wonder if it says more about your relationship, or all the crappy parent relationships of her friends.
Honestly, I don't know that I'd say her friends' parents have crappy relationships. We usually are around them in settings where PDAs are discouraged (school functions, for example). Plus quite a few of the dads are military so they aren't around often.

fade

Staff member
This thread marks like the 5th time Calgary has come up in my life this week. If I was superstitious, I would think there was some reason for me to be in Calgary right now

This thread marks like the 5th time Calgary has come up in my life this week. If I was superstitious, I would think there was some reason for me to be in Calgary right now
Maybe someone is just trying to warn you to avoid the Flames.

--Patrick

It'll depend. There's no real plan; I start in Tokyo, for about a week, fly to Beijing, and then fly home from Bangkok three months later. What I do for the time between is unplanned - a lot of it may be made up on the spot, which is my favourite way to travel. However, I'm a city-kid, and I like technology, so I don't think I'll end up camping in the bush too much.

I've lived in my house for about 9 years now. Today I got the air conditioning fixed. This is now the first time since I've lived here that everything works at the same time. I've had to replace the furnace, hot water heater, sump pump x2, fridge, washer x2, dryer x2, roof, main drain, bathroom plumbing, bathroom floor, back door, 5 main floor windows, 6 basement windows, utility sink, a ceiling fan, the entire main level's electrical wiring, and the thermostat (the cause of the AC issue).

Well, I uh, quit my job. Hopefully this is an "epic win" and doesn't turn to posting in the Rant or Whine thread down the line.
also, more good news, I'm pretty sure most of my angriest / shittiest posts came from when I was at work and had A) no time to write anything good B) a lot of misplaced rage and nowhere to direct it. So, ready for a golden age of charlie-posting????