The Dream Thread

fade

Staff member
I had a horror movie style dream last night. There was a monster called “The Grandma”. She looked exactly like that, like a typical babushka. Beige overcoat, grey hair covered with a scarf, bag hanging from her arm. Except her face was a rubber old lady mask. I didn’t know what was under it, but I knew it wasn’t good, and if I ever actually found out, it would be too late.

I was in charge of a group of kids inside a school at night. We had come from somewhere else, but picked the school because it somehow seemed safe. But the grandma came inside, too. She shuffled slowly like an old lady, except you knew she wouldn’t stop coming. And you knew you did not want her to catch you. If you ran away, she would also be where you ran, waiting. I tried to explain this to the kids by saying she could do the Bugs Bunny thing, but they looked at me blankly and said, “Who?”.

The only safety seemed to be in staying tucked into bed, so we made camp in one of the classrooms. If you stayed, she wouldn’t bother you. I put all the kids to bed and went to another room to sleep myself. I knew the Grandma was still in the building, but we just had to make it to morning. But one of the smaller children had to go pee, and left the room. I came out just in time to see the Grandma shuffling into the open door, and I knew there wasn’t anything I could do. I ran to the parking lot, and started fumbling for my keys, but when I looked up, she was there. Just a silhouette under the light near my car’s driver door...

GasBandit

Staff member
I had a horror movie style dream last night. There was a monster called “The Grandma”. She looked exactly like that, like a typical babushka. Beige overcoat, grey hair covered with a scarf, bag hanging from her arm. Except her face was a rubber old lady mask. I didn’t know what was under it, but I knew it wasn’t good, and if I ever actually found out, it would be too late.

I was in charge of a group of kids inside a school at night. We had come from somewhere else, but picked the school because it somehow seemed safe. But the grandma came inside, too. She shuffled slowly like an old lady, except you knew she wouldn’t stop coming. And you knew you did not want her to catch you. If you ran away, she would also be where you ran, waiting. I tried to explain this to the kids by saying she could do the Bugs Bunny thing, but they looked at me blankly and said, “Who?”.

The only safety seemed to be in staying tucked into bed, so we made camp in one of the classrooms. If you stayed, she wouldn’t bother you. I put all the kids to bed and went to another room to sleep myself. I knew the Grandma was still in the building, but we just had to make it to morning. But one of the smaller children had to go pee, and left the room. I came out just in time to see the Grandma shuffling into the open door, and I knew there wasn’t anything I could do. I ran to the parking lot, and started fumbling for my keys, but when I looked up, she was there. Just a silhouette under the light near my car’s driver door...
I'd watch that movie.

I had a dream last night featuring someone who I'm pretty sure is an actress, but I can't, for the life of me, remember who she is. As far as I can tell, she looks kinda like Taryn Southern, but with a slightly rounder face.

Also, it's getting harder to remember what she looked like, as tends to happen with dreams.

GasBandit

Staff member
I had a dream last night that I was having sex on a model train table. We kept having to lift an arm or a leg or move over to let trains go by.

I had a dream last night that I was having sex on a model train table. We kept having to lift an arm or a leg or move over to let trains go by.
Was it with a goth woman in a very slinky dress? Did she speak French? Did these trains sometimes explode?

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Last night I dreamed my desk at work was canted at a 45 degree angle. It made work inconvenient. Not impossible, given it's all typing and stuff... but inconvenient.

Also I dreamed I lived next door to a pair of exhibitionist bisexual female redheads who wanted to smother me with their bodies and they came over to my place for dinner but the rest of that dream's for a different subforum.

I dreamt that our new Logistics Directer looked like Margaery Tyrell. Yadda yadda yadda, I blew up the logistics department with an X-Wing because she was a Red Wings fan.

fade

Staff member
I had a dream the other night that it was some undefined time in the future where there were large telescreens in public places constructed from hexagonal tiles. We were watching as a comet called The String slowly made its way toward the moon. After a few months, The String struck the top of the moon, which happened to be full at the time. The moon turned red, I guess because its albedo changed with the impact. A D-shaped sliver broke off in slow motion as we watched, and began to fall toward the Earth. The telescreen showed everything zoomed in, but we could see it happen behind the screens to the actual moon, which drove home the reality of it. Over the coming months, we watched this red sliver fall, and scientists projected possible trajectories. No one knew where it was going to hit. The sliver was dubbed The Damocles. I remember reporters talking in solemn voices, and just not wanting to watch anymore. When it got closer, we could see the sliver looming in the sky, hazy behind the blue, but in full 3D detail. No one wanted the sliver to hit their part of the earth. We all knew, but wouldn't say, that it didn't matter where it hit anyway. There were mass organized suicides by people who didn't want to experience the terror of the Damocles crashing into them. I woke up then, so I don't know what happened.
I posted this in 2012. There was a TV show last year with almost the same plot. I wish I would've actually written this up, since it seems like it had an audience.

Spoilered because slightly NSFW dream.

I've complained before about how my wife and I have very different libido levels, which I think may tie into this dream.

Anyway, I dreamt that my wife has a female classmate who's also married, and she and her husband have a swingers/open marriage arrangement going. The classmate invites my wife and I to try a wife swap dealie with them. They're happy for us to do it either separately or all together in the same room, they'll let us decide because it's our first time. I let my wife decide, and she says she wants us all to do it together, because she'd prefer to have me there for moral support or safety.

So we come to a decision that one night we'd go over to their house, and cook dinner together, and we'd all eat and have a few glasses of wine and get to know each other better, and when the time is right we'd all go up to the bedroom. And, they emphasized, we're free to call the whole thing off at any point if we're uncomfortable.

Now, due to my ongoing frustration at my wife and I's flagging sex life, at this point in the dream I'm all like "Ok I'm willing to give this a shot." Plus my wife actually seems rather eager to try it, which gives me hope that I've found something that'll stimulate her libido. Also, her classmate and her husband are both really hot, the classmate reminded me of a younger version of Alice Braga, while the husband looks like a slightly thinner version of Bradley Cooper.

On the night, my wife and I arrive at their house, with the ingredients to cook chicken rice in sesame oil. (Which is delicious, by the way.) We're all in the kitchen together, preparing the food, and I'm in the middle of cutting up the chicken when I suddenly realize I'm all alone in the kitchen. "Son of a bitch, they started without me." I start to head up to the stairs, and then I wake up.

And when I woke up, I told my wife about this dream, and she said, "Sounds interesting. Now get up and help me bring in the laundry, it's about to rain."

When I have dreams that end like this (on any subject--missing a show, a ride, a meal, whatever), I'm left wondering whether I get the "I got left out" ending because I feel like maybe it's something I'm not supposed to be doing, or is it because I'm feeling like I'm somehow not worthy of inclusion?

--Patrick

I was going out of town for a couple of days and Darius Rucker was going to baby sit my dog. Surprisingly he lived in my home town in a semi rundown part of town that is mostly WWII homes that students live in. After dropping off my dog, I met his dogs and his father in law. His father in law was a younger middle-aged man than the two of us. We ended up doing a bunch of chores for him because the houses shared adjoining lots. The homes were like they had not been lived in for 30 years, with 1980's furniture and electronics everywhere. Like they had console TVs on the floor and mid-sized flat panel TV's mounted on the paneling walls.

GasBandit

Staff member
I had a dream last night that I proudly went marching down the street with no pants or underwear. And I knew it. And I was absolutely unabashed. BEHOLD MY JUNK, WORLD.

GasBandit

Staff member
Last night I dreamed I was walking through the woods, and I came to a small cliff. Below it, about 10 feet down, was a wide, shallow creek about 2 inches deep and 20 feet wide. Standing in the creek was a large hawk.

I don't know why, but I then urinated off the cliff and directly on to the hawk. It didn't fly away, just looked up at me as my "stream" became more and more uncontrollable.

Very odd.

I had a dream last night that I was sending someone a dick pic. I don't remember who the recipient was, I just remember the act of snapping the photo and pressing send. I've never sent a dick pic in my life, and now that I'm married I doubt I ever will, so I have no idea where this dream came from.

I had a dream last night that I was sending someone a dick pic. I don't remember who the recipient was, I just remember the act of snapping the photo and pressing send. I've never sent a dick pic in my life, and now that I'm married I doubt I ever will, so I have no idea where this dream came from.
Oh, that wasn't intentional... well, this is embarrassing... :oops:

I dreamt last night that I was Doomsday, and I was fighting Superman, except Superman was a girl and everyone kept calling her Carla.

Also, if memory serves, I lost the fight.

I dreamt I had sex with Katie Marovich from College Humor. I don't normally have sex dreams so that's already unusual. In this dream I also lost my left arm.

Feel like last night's dreams were very weird.

I had a weird dream this morning. I dreamed that I figured out how to magically make water spawn from my hand and fingertips. I was showing my son (who's off to college IRL), and he thought it was hilarious, and was able to figure out how to do it too, just by watching. So we were laughing and washing our hands, and I was making a 'crane's beak' type shape so that I could spray water out like a kitchen faucet and rinse his suds off. Then I said "hey, at dinner time, let's refill our water glasses with our hands and freak your mom out." Then I woke up.

Weird.

I dreamt last night that I bought a PS5, but when I got home and opened the box, it turned out to be a PS4.

After the initial wave of shock and disappointment wore off, I remember thinking to myself, "Well that's not too bad, I can still play Spider-Man and Red Dead Redemption and the Last of Us..."

GasBandit

Staff member
Night before last I had the first actual, bona-fide nightmare that I can remember having in quite a while.

My cat and I were in the mobile home I lived in whilst I was in college 20 years ago. It was dark outside, and there were rumbles of thunder, but no rain. The cat started freaking out, looking out the kitchen window. I went to look, expecting to see another cat (my cat hates other cats).

Well, I saw another cat. And another, and another, at least a dozen cats, all acting terrified and frantically trying to find a way in to the house. Something was coming behind them that they wanted to get away from. As it drew closer, they bolted in panic, fleeing in every direction.

Two mountain lions came into view from out of the gloom. At first, I thought this explained the panic of the other cats, but as I got a better look at them, the mountain lions were emaciated and sickly, stumbling like they could not see, and barely had the energy to walk. They crumbled to dust as they moved into the light cast by my porch light.

As my gaze rose from their ashes, I saw a small, disheveled child. The child was crying and hyperventilating, and it carried something in its arms. As it drew closer, I realized it was a decapitated human head. The wide-eyed, terror stricken child was carrying its mother's head, I realized, and being goaded to walk toward me by something in the darkness. It began crying louder, and louder, more hysterical with each breath.

That's when I heard a knock on the door.

The door had one of those thin slit windows up the right half of the top side, so I could look out of it. Looking out, I saw a huge person, so tall I could not see above their chest through the window. They were draped in tattered clothes and heavy chains, and carrying something that looked like someone had tried to forge a sword from a piece of rebar, hammering part of it flat and then sharpening the edges. It was bent and cracked, like it had been hacking away at something.

It knocked on the door again, and for some reason I said "Who is it?"

In a fraction of a second, the door was kicked open and the thing outside rushed in and grabbed me, and that's when I jolted awake. The adrenaline rush gave me a pounding headache.

I had that recurring dream (one I haven't had in a while) about working back at LHS. For some reason, it's always Black Elk cottage. Things were basically falling apart around me, and I was more concerned about trying to write out my resignation letter. Then the prospect of having to wait two weeks in this hellhole rose to the surface - and I woke up.

Adrenaline or no, I’m impressed with the amount of detail present, Gas. So many times, dreams are just like, “I couldn’t see what was out there, but I knew something was there and that it wanted to get in,” but your dream is like, “It used Google Maps to find me, getting lost twice on the way and running the battery on its aqua OnePlus Nord down to just 17%...”

Also this should be the next Slenderman/Hello Neighbor/Mr Meat/Granny/whatever game.

—Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Adrenaline or no, I’m impressed with the amount of detail present, Gas. So many times, dreams are just like, “I couldn’t see what was out there, but I knew something was there and that it wanted to get in,” but your dream is like, “It used Google Maps to find me, getting lost twice on the way and running the battery on its aqua OnePlus Nord down to just 17%...”

Also this should be the next Slenderman/Hello Neighbor/Mr Meat/Granny/whatever game.

—Patrick
This dream was INSANELY detailed. And like, in 4k HD. I really failed to capture it in words.

I got killed by a couple nuclear blasts last night. First I was driving my parents around in the country. We were stopped at a stop sign and we could see a blast far out on the horizon, like 50 miles away. So we got out to see what it was. Then one went off about a mile away. I pulled them down to the black top road and said one last I love you before the shock wave hit us.

Then I woke up months later and the President was bragging about only a few nukes hit America. I was sitting at an outdoor cafe in my hometown, which does not have out door cafes. Another mushroom cloud pops up nearby I turn away from the danger while everyone at the cafe stares at the in rushing shock wave. That is when I woke up again.

Of course these explosions had shock waves identical to the blast in Lebanon. I tried to go back to sleep because while the dream was frightening, it was really interesting.

I had a wild nightmare the other night. I was in a horrible car crash and woke up in the back seat with the steering wheel in my chest and my leg impaled.

I was scared of course waiting for help.

I woke up to my cat clawing my leg for food.

figmentPez

Staff member
I had a dream last night that, back in my childhood, McDonald's sold a regional item called the McGill, that was a whole steamed bluegill that was served with the head and skin still on. It was tasty in the dream, but WTF? I never would have eaten fish served that way when I was a kid, and I can't imagine McDonald's ever serving fish like that.

I keep having dreams about going out in public but then realizing I forgot to wear a mask. It's the 2020 version of leaving the house without pants.

Just woke up from a nightmare involving zombies that go only by sound or touch. Kind of like Train to Busan or, of course, The Last of Us. Only they were regular zombies, not clickers. It felt more like A Quiet Place but with zombies.

They were also self aware, so they would also speak. Not just "Brains!" but full sentences like "I think someone's here!" (and yet others wouldn't swarm to their own voices).

So there were apparent "safe zones" in certain areas, like a room that's been heavily carpeted.

Any little noise would send a swarm after you. And course, they're quickly distracted by another noise so I'd throw a rock at a car or something.

Oddly, touch didn't always work, either. I'd brush up or bump into one and they'd grab around saying "Is someone there?"

Anyway, it was obviously a pretty high tension dream. More tense than really full on terrifying to me.