The Dream Thread

fade

Staff member
Well, if it's sword fights, it's definitely penises.[DOUBLEPOST=1498496283,1498495885][/DOUBLEPOST]Am I right Freud?

freudright.jpg

I went to bed early tonight.

That was apparently a mistake.

I was dreaming that I was in the bedroom of a nice apartment, with a beautiful Chinese woman. Things got pretty hot and heavy, I went down on her to completion, then we stop to catch our breath, she says she'll be right back and heads into the bathroom. I'm lying there feeling pretty pleased with things.

I don't see the knife before she plunges it in to the hilt. I no longer feel my legs and it gets hard to breath. I turn and try to ask why.

She shrugs, taking the cap off the spout of the jerry can and starts dumping a clear liquid over everything. "I'm done with you, and I hate dealing with breakups." She goes into the other room and comes back, dressed. She blows a kiss, and drops a lit match.

The rest is burning.

I had a dream recently that I was eating at a Tex-Mex Joint in a place that used to be a Bennigan's. Had a really cute Redheaded Irish Waitress, that kept asking about dishes that Bennigan's carried.

I don't know why this dream bothered me so much. Maybe it was the shitty Montecristo sandwich I had recently, and I realized I'd likely never have a Bennigan's Montecristo again.

fade

Staff member
I had this weird coincidence last night. I dreamed my wife and I were driving through the desert at night in a red sports car, when the stars started falling. She was frightened, but I said, "Don't worry, it's just the Perseids." See the weird thing is that I did not know the Perseids peaked this weekend. Or that we were currently passing through them at all. Wild.

The skeptic in me is pretty sure I just subconsciously saw it somewhere, but it's pretty cool.[DOUBLEPOST=1502734189,1502734138][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, I'm pretty sure the first part was a dream reference to Quantum Leap.

GasBandit

Staff member
Ah, I wanted to post here a few days ago but I forgot. In the heat of the Korea discussion in the political threads, I had a dream that, for some reason, I went to North Korea with two other people. These other two people "shifted" who they were over the course of the dream, starting out being a friend of mine and his wife, then morphing through various other married couples I know, or halforumites and their spouses, and even married couples in the Rimworld playthrough :confused:

"Don't ask me, I don't know" © GasBandit

Anyway, when we got there, yeah it was a craphole like you always see with those pictures people smuggle out, but anyway we are put up in a house and the Nork government assigns us a "handler" to be our tourguide and keep us out of trouble, a stepford-smiling young Korean lady who is forever saying things like "I'm sorry, that activity is not available right now" and "It is requested you remain inside these premises for now" and such.

Me, I'm quietly scared, and in favor of just sitting in my bedroom the whole trip because what the fuck am I even doing here, I have to be out of my god damn mind.

But the married couple I'm with (and as I said, that married couple seems to change who they are every few sentences) are constantly all "Oh I'm sure it'll be fine, let's go out, let's go to a restaurant, let's go to a museum, let's go look at this statue or that landmark" etc etc etc and I'm saying "uh, I think we should listen to the nice lady and not do that. Or maybe just go home because this was a huge mistake and the grand god-emperor of all bad ideas."

I woke up after that, but man, what the hell...

Last night I dreamed that I was at my college in class when @LittleKagsin showed up to give me a present. It had all of these pictures from my hometown on the wrapping paper. When I opened it, there was a book with a pictorial history of my hometown - which was weird since most of the pictures had my family members in them and they didn't go further back than the 1960s. I started to suspect this wasn't really Kags. When I went to find her, she was gone.

Last night I dreamed that I was at my college in class when @LittleKagsin showed up to give me a present. It had all of these pictures from my hometown on the wrapping paper. When I opened it, there was a book with a pictorial history of my hometown - which was weird since most of the pictures had my family members in them and they didn't go further back than the 1960s. I started to suspect this wasn't really Kags. When I went to find her, she was gone.

GasBandit

Staff member
Last night I dreamed there was a website that documented every single instance of every person's having had sex. It looked like google's location history timeline, having where, when, and with whom - only none of it was private. You just put in a name and there it all was listed, right on your screen, all the way back to your first time. And, of course, every listed partner's name was a link you could click to see their entire history. And apparently, it built all its records from simply aggregating and analyzing all publicly available data - including private-but-unsecured sources, data leaks, etc. It was as astounding as it was unsettling.

Last night I dreamed there was a website that documented every single instance of every person's having had sex. It looked like google's location history timeline, having where, when, and with whom - only none of it was private. You just put in a name and there it all was listed, right on your screen, all the way back to your first time. And, of course, every listed partner's name was a link you could click to see their entire history. And apparently, it built all its records from simply aggregating and analyzing all publicly available data - including private-but-unsecured sources, data leaks, etc. It was as astounding as it was unsettling.
Already done: Link

fade

Staff member
For real. Our HOA pool gets so warm by August, that I'm sure I'm going to drown one day when I mistake the water for a continuation of the air.

I dreamt that I built a sculpture of a well-worn wooden chair at the center of a round-about somewhere in the UK, and local residents hated it. Weird.

That's okay - the Monster Cultural Exchange Bureau will ensure that one is created for you.[DOUBLEPOST=1506359585,1506359469][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, in the vein of the thread, last night I had some of post-apocalyptic dream. But for some reason, it was a relief.

Dreamt that my wife was killed by two policemen in a shady alley next to the factory/loft we were living in, and that the latino-hunk-from-Sense8-cum-Khal-Drogo lookalike that we were both dating then killed the police. Halfway through updating Facebook and my financial spreadsheets (yes, I'm that boring even in my dreams) she showed up, apparently having only been grazed.

I woke up while we were trying to figure out whether we should roll back the death announcement or go along with it, and whether that would help us hide Mr. Hunk, and whether we even wanted to help him because turns out he had been playing D&D on Hipchat (what even) without inviting us.

I've mentioned before a female friend of mine who has me proofread everything she writes for work, including emails, publicity materials, contracts, etc.

Well, last night I dreamt she was cybering/sexting someone, and she had me proofread every message she sent to the guy.

GasBandit

Staff member
Last night, I dreamed I was back in college, at New Mexico Tech. I was just finishing up a night of hard partying, and was helping a new friend get back to his dorm room, when a nuke went off. There was a mushroom cloud blooming orange in the distance. I took shelter behind a large rock outcropping, but the guy I was helping had already separated from me and the blastwave reduced him to ash. I looked for other survivors, but often all I found were piles of ash with half-buried smartphones sticking out of them. I found one guy alive but he dissolved away as he tried to talk to me. I tried using my phone, but all the networks were down (understandably). Eventually I managed to find a computer that hadn't been fried by the EMP (don't ask me why apparently my phone wasn't, probably just bad writing on my brain's part) and managed to get online, come here, and post that I was alive... except I found out that there were other targets. LA, Denver, Chicago, Atlanta, New York, and a few other places.

I wandered around, lost at a place where I should have known every hallway, because my GPS didn't work.

Cat woke me up. Too bad, it was getting kind of interesting.

fade

Staff member
Last night I went to bed after playing Wolfenstein: The New Order. I had just finished the part where
Frau Whateverhernameis gets her face all sliced up
, and I kept having dreams that she kept showing up at various parts of my normal day with a shotgun to antagonize me. Which, if I know video games, is probably what's going to happen in the game, too.

I had this weird dream that someone stole my newly-purchased "used" Tesla from me at a gas station/convenience store.

Dreamed another post-apocalyptic one last night - had found my way onto a submarine and was running recovery operations off of it, scavenging and rescuing. We ended up in a marina, and there were some huge rogue waves that kept hitting out of nowhere, pushing the boat around like any other piece of flotsam.

Naturally, there were sharks. Fucking sharks.

fade

Staff member
I had a dream that I there was a tire factory on fire, but the employees weren't evacuating. I ran inside to help, and immediately near the fire, people were in a panic. Some employees were trying to steal tires on their way out. There were designated marshals, but no one was listening to them. I ran further inside to where there was no indication of fire, into the office area. The alarm was going off, but people were ignoring it. I had to kick them out, and even then they were skeptical, convinced it was just a drill. The fire knocked the power out, and I ran full speed along the corridor. I felt something jump onto me, and I realized it was my (deceased) cat Mulder. He perched on my shoulder as I ran, and the fire finally started making its way into the office area. Everything went all slow-mo, and there was an acoustic guitar song playing. I liked the tune, and I remembered it after I woke up. Kept repeating it to myself, and ... then forgot it. That really irritates me, because I was going to try to work it out later on an actual guitar.

fade

Staff member
I had a dream that I there was a tire factory on fire, but the employees weren't evacuating. I ran inside to help, and immediately near the fire, people were in a panic. Some employees were trying to steal tires on their way out. There were designated marshals, but no one was listening to them. I ran further inside to where there was no indication of fire, into the office area. The alarm was going off, but people were ignoring it. I had to kick them out, and even then they were skeptical, convinced it was just a drill. The fire knocked the power out, and I ran full speed along the corridor. I felt something jump onto me, and I realized it was my (deceased) cat Mulder. He perched on my shoulder as I ran, and the fire finally started making its way into the office area. Everything went all slow-mo, and there was an acoustic guitar song playing. I liked the tune, and I remembered it after I woke up. Kept repeating it to myself, and ... then forgot it. That really irritates me, because I was going to try to work it out later on an actual guitar.
Alright! I remembered it!

GasBandit

Staff member
I had a very odd dream last night. I dreamed I came into work, unlocked my office, and found a live goose sitting in my chair. I patted the goose, and it followed me around the rest of the day like I was its mother.

At a loss for what to do with it, someone suggested I take it to the planetarium where it could use a telescope to look at the sun, and thus realize it is winter so it is time to fly south.

So, I did... and when the sunlight from the telescope shone on the goose, it grew to become the size of a learjet and then soared off into the sky.

Then, when I returned to work, I found at least a dozen more geese.

I had a very odd dream last night. I dreamed I came into work, unlocked my office, and found a live goose sitting in my chair. I patted the goose, and it followed me around the rest of the day like I was its mother.

At a loss for what to do with it, someone suggested I take it to the planetarium where it could use a telescope to look at the sun, and thus realize it is winter so it is time to fly south.

So, I did... and when the sunlight from the telescope shone on the goose, it grew to become the size of a learjet and then soared off into the sky.

Then, when I returned to work, I found at least a dozen more geese.
So, obviously, you built a fleet of jet-sized geese, and flew off with them to better climes?

It's that sort of dream but just slightly different that set another forum member on a quest to conquer the world with giant doom-versions of her spirit animal, you know.