The Dream Thread

I had this dream last night that the Predators were in the Stanley Cup final.

...Then I woke up and realized it wasn't a dream. :)

fade

Staff member
I had this dream that I was a soldier in WWII last night. We had set up a mine field and were watching a German tank cross it. They had some kind of tank tech that let them cross without detonating the mines. We had this weird machine that was basically a hopper about as wide as a car that had rolling wheels inside that threw out hand grenades in an arc in front of the hopper, but those were nullified by the tank as well. Then, the thing stops near us, and one German soldier gets out, and as something like a show of superiority, he walks back over to the minefield. Only outside of the tank, he sets off a mine. The gruesome part was that when the smoke cleared, he was still "standing", by which I mean his body was reduced to a few bloody strips of bone and bright red gristle that were somehow keeping him standing upright. With his last few seconds of consciousness, he kept repeating, "Ignorant, ignorant" over and over, presumably about himself.

GasBandit

Staff member
Last night, I dreamed I found a strange, ornate antique pistol - or rather, it looked like it was an antique, made of wood, bound in brass with gold etchings, all that stuff... except it closely resembled a Colt 1911, magazine in the grip and everything. Also strange was that it didn't have a trigger. There wasn't even a gap for the trigger to poke out of, it was like the trigger guard was a solid piece of brass all the way around and it was never intended to have a trigger. But the gun still went off at random times for mysterious reasons.

To add another layer of confusion, I learned the gun was actually a tranquilizer dart gun. I discovered this when the gun went off by itself and I found I had accidentally shot Chris Farley in the side with a dart.

Fortunately, we were not far from my home, so I shouldered him and helped him walk there. As we approached, I saw my front door was slightly ajar. Oddly enough I wasn't concerned about a home invasion, as perhaps I should have been, instead I was more worried my cat had gotten out. But after I helped Farley through the door, I found my living room was... clean. Tidy. More well tended than it had been in years. I couldn't remember the last time my home was so spotless and orderly. So I assisted Chris to the couch to wait out the tranq, and turned around with a start to see my grandmother, dead 19 years ago, sitting in a beanbag chair I left behind in Colorado when I moved to Texas a similar amount of time in the past.

She chided me about the state in which she found my abode, then directed me to the dining table, where she took out a gigantic manila envelope - talking 18" by 11" at least, and put it on the table before me. "You didn't think I'd forget?" She asked.

And then my alarm woke me up and I'm really wondering what my past is trying to tell me.

Last night, I dreamed I found a strange, ornate antique pistol - or rather, it looked like it was an antique, made of wood, bound in brass with gold etchings, all that stuff... except it closely resembled a Colt 1911, magazine in the grip and everything. Also strange was that it didn't have a trigger. There wasn't even a gap for the trigger to poke out of, it was like the trigger guard was a solid piece of brass all the way around and it was never intended to have a trigger. But the gun still went off at random times for mysterious reasons.

To add another layer of confusion, I learned the gun was actually a tranquilizer dart gun. I discovered this when the gun went off by itself and I found I had accidentally shot Chris Farley in the side with a dart.

Fortunately, we were not far from my home, so I shouldered him and helped him walk there. As we approached, I saw my front door was slightly ajar. Oddly enough I wasn't concerned about a home invasion, as perhaps I should have been, instead I was more worried my cat had gotten out. But after I helped Farley through the door, I found my living room was... clean. Tidy. More well tended than it had been in years. I couldn't remember the last time my home was so spotless and orderly. So I assisted Chris to the couch to wait out the tranq, and turned around with a start to see my grandmother, dead 19 years ago, sitting in a beanbag chair I left behind in Colorado when I moved to Texas a similar amount of time in the past.

She chided me about the state in which she found my abode, then directed me to the dining table, where she took out a gigantic manila envelope - talking 18" by 11" at least, and put it on the table before me. "You didn't think I'd forget?" She asked.

And then my alarm woke me up and I'm really wondering what my past is trying to tell me.
You should check your grandma's last will to discover she's left you a treasure, in the form of old antique weaponry, that can pay for a maid for the rest of your life...But your Chris Farley-esque physique is holding you back and slows you down?

I dunno, I'm really bad at explaining dreams :p

fade

Staff member
I would guess you feel something in your life is dangerous, but that you have no control. What's more, you've discovered you never really had control. This thing you also find antiquated despite illusions of modernity. It's prone to random failure, and you always feel the failure will be bad, but it usually plays off as a big joke.

Taking Farley home is a transition to a different concept. One that's more straightforward to interpret. Comforts of home and all that. Probably spurred by your recent visit to Colorado.

GasBandit

Staff member
You should check your grandma's last will to discover she's left you a treasure, in the form of old antique weaponry, that can pay for a maid for the rest of your life...But your Chris Farley-esque physique is holding you back and slows you down?

I dunno, I'm really bad at explaining dreams :p
Heh, maybe a tad too literal on the weapon, but there might be something to the rest of it. I do grow increasingly frustrated with the weight I've put on since Pauline's cancer, and I think I've spoken before about a legal battle my grandfather has ongoing, about my departed grandmother's stolen share of an oil legacy in Oklahoma. I don't know, maybe it means something and maybe it's just noise bubbling up from the ol' subconscious.

You need to clean up your living room more often.

Dave

Staff member
Last night I had the strangest dream. I sailed away to china in a little rowboat to find ya and you said you had to get your laundry cleaned. Didn't want no one to hold you.

What does that mean?

[Grandma] chided me about the state in which she found my abode, then directed me to theshe took out a gigantic manila envelope - talking 18" by 11" at least, and put it on the table before me. "You didn't think I'd forget?" She asked.
Grandma wanted you to have a 17in MacBook Air?
Nettoyage with me Emrys!
FTFY

--Patrick

Last edited:
:notes: voulez vous nettoyer avec moi ce soir :notes:[DOUBLEPOST=1497302792,1497302745][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, this:
I had this dream last night that the Predators were in the Stanley Cup final.

...Then I woke up and realized it wasn't a dream. :)
It was a nightmare!

I dreamt it was back on my wedding day, and there we were, standing in the chapel before the pastor, and for some reason my wife was being very hesitant about saying "I do." The pastor was being very understanding about it, and he said he wouldn't rush her, and that she should only say "I do" if she really means it. So there she was, in her bridal gown and veil, visibly psyching herself up to say "I do". You know, how people roll their shoulders around, and bend their necks left and right, and sort of shift from one foot to the other. Finally, she said, "Ok, I'm ready now, here we go... I..."

And then my wife shook me awake. "Hey, get up, you're going to be late for work!"

My first thought was, "Oh hey, she said 'I do' after all!"

GasBandit

Staff member
Last night I dreamed I defeated @Eriol in single combat, and when he fell, his body disappeared like a video game sprite, leaving behind only a half dozen sharp fancy hairpins, which I knew I had to deliver to @Dirona.

Don't ask me, I just work here, man.

Last night I dreamed I defeated @Eriol in single combat, and when he fell, his body disappeared like a video game sprite, leaving behind only a half dozen sharp fancy hairpins, which I knew I had to deliver to @Dirona.

Don't ask me, I just work here, man.
??? Who/what did I look like? And were you a giant can of beans when you defeated me?

Hon, you got anything?

fade

Staff member
You're feeling subconciously threatened by Eriol's recent displays of tech knowledge, which he has been relatively quiet on in the past.

GasBandit

Staff member
??? Who/what did I look like? And were you a giant can of beans when you defeated me?
I... can't quite remember what you looked like. A guy. Not Batou. And no, I wasn't a can of beans :p

I seem to remember tracking you down through your internet connection? Except we fought between runways at an airport... very little in this dream seemed actually to have any logic to it.

Oh, and it was definitely a swordfight. Felt very "Soulcalibur"-ish.

You're feeling subconciously threatened by Eriol's recent displays of tech knowledge, which he has been relatively quiet on in the past.
I don't think that's it.

I... can't quite remember what you looked like. A guy. Not Batou. And no, I wasn't a can of beans :p

I seem to remember tracking you down through your internet connection? Except we fought between runways at an airport... very little in this dream seemed actually to have any logic to it.
So, the "big battle" scene from Civil War?
Oh, and it was definitely a swordfight. Felt very "Soulcalibur"-ish.
At least it's relatively badass. I can deal.

GasBandit

Staff member
So, the "big battle" scene from Civil War?
Less use of props. Also wasn't near the terminal, it was out in the field, closer to the outer fence. There was some manner of... bunker? I wanna say with a server room inside or something? Anyway, out in the grass near the ALS.

At least it's relatively badass. I can deal.
And I woke up before I finished finding Dirona to deliver your hairpins. :/