The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

I've been following Mary Spencer's story for a while now.

For those non-Canucks who likely don't know, she is a three time World Champion, with her streak of golds interrupted by one Bronze in 2006(Also, five Pan American Games gold medals, and eight Canadian Championships, with a record of 118 wins, 8 losses at most recent website update) , and was by and large considered to be Canada's best bet for a gold medal in the Olympics this year- the first year that Women's Boxing has been in the Olympics.

Unfortunately, despite absolutely kicking ass for the last 8 years, she was eliminated early from this year's World Championship tournament, putting her into non contention for the Olympics despite having been ranked number 1 in the world before her losing bout. Since her elimination, she has been on the list of potential "Wild card" entries for this years games- each continent gets one wild card entrant per weight division (And the IOC identifies North and South America as one continent)- so it's been iffy since then as to whether or not she'd make it.

Normally, there are few things I care less about than the summer Olympics, but, as a Spencer myself, and with a history of boxing within my family (My dad broke the streak by going into wrestling instead- my great grandma wouldn't talk to him for a long time over it, to hear him tell the story) I took a keen interest in her story. No relation whatsoever, far as I can tell (No Ojibwe or any other first nations in my family that I'm aware of), but nonetheless I'm rooting for her.

Anyway, today she was officially selected by the IOC and will get to compete.

ElJuski

Staff member
Uh huh. You're at your happiest when you're shitting on things. As much irritation as you exhibit, I'd expect a Barbara Bush caliber string of pearls from you by now.
lol, you don't know me at all.

Although, to use Chippy's term, I do enjoy shitting on shit-posting. So I guess I do enjoy shitting on certain things.

She plays very well, but needs someone else to film her videos, there are more shots available than what is shown in the three above videos. The flyby pan shot is just too overused up there.

I haven't really watched much Epic Meal Time in a while. Honestly it started to just gross me out, some of the stuff they were making.
But this Star Wars themed one is kinda cool:

I contemplated making a whole new thread just for that, but figured, as I'm not a TF2 player, most of the forum probably saw it before I did anyway.