The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

Found this yesterday while looking for something else. The song is mesmerizing enough on its own, but with the animation it's even more ethereal.

And this one.

Make sure you check out the rest of the videos on that channel for more, and it seems there is another channel.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Found this yesterday while looking for something else. The song is mesmerizing enough on its own, but with the animation it's even more ethereal.

--Patrick
I love those ones. I especially like the one for Toccata and Fugue.

But check this shiznit out:

(Despite the title, this is not actually Death Waltz by John Stump... it's some music from Touhou I understand)

GasBandit

Staff member
Music that can only be played electronically. Many parts that even a duet wouldn't be able to handle, assuming they were fast and in sync enough in the first place. Maybe two pianos, with four people.
To do the second verse's superfast "left hand" repeating chords would require two people and two pianos alone to do just the bass clef notes, and even then the treble notes would probably require two more people with two more pianos since a great many of the so-called treble clef parts actually extend down into the bass clef range. And like you said, synchronization would be a bitch.

But that's nothing compared to the actual Death Waltz, which is absolutely unplayable even by full orchestra.

Apparently though, these people gave a stab at it, though the results were not exactly pleasant.

Prelude in C# Minor is one of my favorite Rachmaninoff pieces (as for most people).
FLP said:
if you can't get a good job playing an instrument, maybe you can make your own job playing your instrument comedically.
Hey, it worked for Jack Benny, right?

But if you have the comedy and the talent? That's when you become a Legend, my friend.

A Legend.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
It's uncanny valley time. Here's MGMT's "Electric Feel" as played by The Rock-Afire Explosion, by far the most eerily unsettling animatronic cavalcade to ever grace an 80's kids' pizza parlor.