The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

Dave

Staff member
It is but the ending went on way too long doing absolutely nothing. I do love how they had Jim Henson be just a nice guy.

Blah blah nuclear waste blah blah LUCAS OUT OF NOWHERE

[DOUBLEPOST=1438746556,1438746352][/DOUBLEPOST]Also Conan O'brien's met Deadpool before.

I still must be the only person on the planet who doesn't get the appeal of the Epic Rap Battles. Mind you, I hate rap, which might be part of the reason.

I still must be the only person on the planet who doesn't get the appeal of the Epic Rap Battles. Mind you, I hate rap, which might be part of the reason.
It's a joke that works on a lot of levels...

- It's completely ridiculous that historical figures would engage in disputes via harsh rhymes.
- It's almost always the same two guys doing all the roles and sometimes they look completely awful... but hilariously so.
- Despite being written by two white guys, the beats and rhymes are rock solid. There is some legitimately clever lyrical work going on here at times.
- They completely understand exactly how the worlds of rap and history should collide in funny and clever ways. For instance, the video of Gandhi vs MLK was not only smart enough to include the awkward looking white preachers you'd see in pictures of civil rights marches, it also framed the entire episode as a rap reconciliation (basically when two rap crews drop their beef in the pursuit of ether money or not getting shot)... but Gandhi can't just let it go because cows are sacred in India (and thus so is 'the beef' between them).

Basically, it's really smart AND well produced. It's not a surprise it's taken off, especially after that truly epic Obama Vs Romney one they did right before the election.

Here's an oldie I forgot all about. Didn't know until just now that this gal went on to play Erin in The Office, and Kimmy Schmidt!

Heard one of those guys on a podcast talk about how she refuses to acknowledge that skit even exists, despite it being one of the things that brought her attention at the time.[DOUBLEPOST=1439221629,1439221498][/DOUBLEPOST]
NSP is a totally not guilty pleasure.

GasBandit

Staff member
Not "awesome" in the "cool" way but awesome in the old definition "scaring you speechless" way - chemical plant explosion in China leaves dozens dead and hundreds injured.

fade

Staff member
I'm guessing those are newly manufactured cars? They're all identical, and the spacing is too close for the middle rows to pull out.