[Movies] The Avengers 2

Gonna see Avengers/Avengers 2 in a double feature at an imax today with Jun. She's gonna brave this no subtitle no Chinese world.
You really don't need dialogue to follow these movies, just laugh when everyone else does and assume the pretty white guy said something glib after destroying something/somebody

and the ending is always "they have to destroy the thing before the person does a thing with a thing" and things are always weird and glowy

although, a lover of one of the Avengers literally says "You know I totally support your avenging....", so there's that.

Just got back from seeing it, it was great. I think it might be better than the first one. I liked Spader as Ultron as lot. We'll see if the opinion holds after sometime to think about it and eventual re-watches.

And Thanos is coming! :aaah:

SO good, Ultron was both funny and scary , lots of great quips throughout , and action so awesome that proves that a movie about tan army of robots can be interesting to watch. TAKE THE HINT BAY!

SPOILERED STUFF-
I did not see Clint being married, let alone to someone not from the comics. Gave a nice little depth to him, I liked it!Sorry Clintasha shippers!
Vision was great, and that hammer bit was just as. Not looking forward to when Thanos ultimately rips the infinity stone out of his skull, but whatevs!
And holy crap Quicksilver, not only did he die, he died before he was given a super-hero name! Heavy. Well *Clap* who wants to bet how he comes back? Clone, cyborg, or magic, PLACE YA BETS!

I saw the Thursday night showing and it was good. I still prefer the first Avengers film because it had more breaks between the action, rather than hopping from one huge fight to the next.

And the first Avengers didn't have shaky cam. I HATE shaky cam.

My roommate is a big DC fan and he saw it with me. He stewed the entire time.

Did anybody stay through the entire credits? I saw the mid-credits scene and left because it was already 1:45 am.

Btw, I loved the Stan Lee cameo. Excelsior!

Did anybody stay through the entire credits? I saw the mid-credits scene and left because it was already 1:45 am.

Btw, I loved the Stan Lee cameo. Excelsior!
I stayed until the very very end, hoping that-
Cap would say Assemble, and then five seconds of awkward silence.

And yes that was fun.

Here's a handy recap of all things Avengers in preparation for Rage of Ultron.

I feel like he got one or two things wrong. Not enough to really ruin it, though.

Saw it. Liked it. Not sure it was as spectacular as the first, but, did love it.

Lot's of good stuff, pointed a few in the "spoiled" thread which will I assume be merged eventually with this one.

Black Widow.... I'll be in my bunk.

@Charlie Don't Surf... it's time you let go of this stupid game of yours. Now and this thread is not really the place to call you out, but, seriously. We know you have strong opinions, in a lot of times I respect your opinions even though I do not respect your method of showing them. But you're game is played out. There comes a time when you have to sit back and say to yourself "hey, I've said my peace" and then realize that the more you speak, they more you hurt yourself and as such your own cause. This time is now for you my friend. Shut the fuck up.

nah

you could have jerked off to Scarlett Johannsson like twice in the time you spent writing that post
which is only half the number of times you jerk off to yourself trying to come up with ways to bad mouth any comment on this board you feel might be perceived as objectifying women. Guess what my friend, you would not be alive if your father had not had some interest in your own mother. I don't take it to far. I have a healthy opinion. You do take it to far. It is time to calm down.

which is only half the number of times you jerk off to yourself trying to come up with ways to bad mouth any comment on this board you feel might be perceived as objectifying women. Guess what my friend, you would not be alive if your father had not had some interest in your own mother. I don't take it to far. I have a healthy opinion. You do take it to far. It is time to calm down.
1) it's "too"

2) don't talk about my parents, that's fucking weird

I was hoping him to be the teaser, but menacing Thanos is the standard so whatevs!
I agree, the teaser scene is weak. I was expecting a Guardians of the Galaxy 2 teaser, a Black Panther scene with the mention of Wakanda in the movie or something really unexpected like Spider-Man showing up.