[Thread Game] Terrible Video Game Descriptions (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)

I'll try one.

Embittered after being deprived of government assistance, you join up with a group of criminals to topple the government. Since birth, your goal in life has been to protect and assist this one creepy girl. You hunt down your predecessor, join forces with him, and then guide him into killing what used to be your dad.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'll try one.

Embittered after being deprived of government assistance, you join up with a group of criminals to topple the government. Since birth, your goal in life has been to protect and assist this one creepy girl. You hunt down your predecessor, join forces with him, and then guide him into killing what used to be your dad.
Heh, that almost sounds like a hodgepodge of a number of different final fantasy games.

figmentPez

Staff member
That's not quite Dishonored.

Answer:

I was attempting to describe single player vanilla StarCraft.

A new one!

The proper seasoning is important, critical even. And now the big boss wants you to compete for it.

This place makes no sense. Who installed retracting spike traps all over the place? Why is there a potion that makes me float? What was up with that freaky mirror that makes ghostly doppelgangers? And why the fuck is the fattest dude the most agile swordsman in the whole kingdom???

GasBandit

Staff member
Dune II was the first Dune I played (in fact, it was the first RTS of any kind I ever played), so now I get them reversed.
I ALWAYS built platforms. Stupid worms.

--Patrick
I don't think there actually was a Dune 1 game, They just called it Dune 2 to make it sound like a sequel to the movie. And I'm pretty sure that other than Hertzog Zwei, which was a console game, Dune 2 was actually the first RTS game.

Dune 2 was actually the first RTS game.
Well then, that explains both issues.
This place makes no sense. Who installed retracting spike traps all over the place? Why is there a potion that makes me float? What was up with that freaky mirror that makes ghostly doppelgangers? And why the fuck is the fattest dude the most agile swordsman in the whole kingdom???
Prince of Persia.

--Patrick

"So let me get this straight. You want me to open a massive interdimensional portal right in front of our main gates, and allow the enemy's demonic hordes to pour out, so you can go in and steal their magical artifact?"

"Yes."

"And what will we be doing while you're off burgling?"

"Fighting the demonic hordes coming out of the portal."

"Will it be dangerous?"

"Yes, probably lots of you will die."

"... And why would I agree to this?"

"So let me get this straight. You want me to open a massive interdimensional portal right in front of our main gates, and allow the enemy's demonic hordes to pour out, so you can go in and steal their magical artifact?"

"Yes."

"And what will we be doing while you're off burgling?"

"Fighting the demonic hordes coming out of the portal."

"Will it be dangerous?"

"Yes, probably lots of you will die."

"... And why would I agree to this?"
Oblivion

This is probably pretty easy:

Chase after a girl you just met because she volunteered at the Fair for a demo by your best friend (also a girl). And somehow that also never becomes a love triangle. Really.

figmentPez

Staff member
Dog goes "what what"
Cat goes "capitol"
Bird goes "zut alors"
And mouse goes "squinky"
Cow goes "pushy"
Frog goes "brah"
And the elephant goes "WHONK"
Ducks say "derrrrr"
And fish go " "
And the seal goes " "

Dangit! Two days ago I said to myself, "I should resurrect this thread. But I can wait until the weekend, everyone has forgotten about it."
Thanks a lot, @bhamv3 .

You hear the literal voice of God booming through the environment. Also you have a habit of talking to the Devil through a 1980s-style text interface computer terminal.