Ted Kennedy, dead at 77

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only a week ago, I saw him being mentioned on a forum and looked him up in Wikipedia. Really crappy that he died now.

Dave

Staff member
CNN - Top story
MSNBC - Top Story
Fox - Has it on the crawl but their top story is how the Cash for Clunkers sucks and that colleges are getting ready for H1N1. :facepalm:

I see your Chappaquiddick and raise you Dick "I love torture" Cheney.

Your high horse has no legs, asshole.

(and that's all I've got to say about that)

Zappit

Staff member
Teddy was asking that Mass amend the law so a new senator could be appointed quickly if anything happened to him last week, so it looks like he really knew he was at the end.

It's sad - not too many politicians really fought as hard for people as he did.

And maybe the news will shut up about Michael Jackson for a while. I doubt that, though.

CNN - Top story
MSNBC - Top Story
Fox - Has it on the crawl but their top story is how the Cash for Clunkers sucks and that colleges are getting ready for H1N1. :facepalm:
Its the top story on all 3 websites. Though, its kinda similar to when Jack Kemp died, Fox New was the only one that gave him the big headline.

No, but it's the one sure thing that the right is going to bring up today. Just like Byrd's KKK "past" is all they have on him.

A

Andromache

"senator Kennedy died because Obamacare killed him!"

Sorry. I've just been reading all the shitty back and forth on facebook.

Teddy was asking that Mass amend the law so a new senator could be appointed quickly if anything happened to him last week, so it looks like he really knew he was at the end.
That's nothing more than political positioning. It was his own push that made it so the Governor couldn't appoint a Senator in the first place, so that Mitt Romney (R - MA) couldn't appoint a Republican Senator if John Kerry won the 2004 Election.

H

Hyimi

I just hate seeing people go this way. Cancer is one of the worst ways you can go. I just hope the end was peaceful.

Yeah, Good Morning America only waited 30 minutes before bringing up Chappaquiddick. I think they waited a day before talking about Micheal Jackson's legal troubles with children.

GasBandit

Staff member
Actually this is major news, not political discussion. Of course, it could get there very, very fast.
Major news about a politician. It should have been in the political subforum, if we're going to sequester that all off to spare the eyes of the poor, fragile non-political posters.

Rest in peace, Teddy, son of a prohibition bootlegger, Harvard exam cheat, dedicated nepocrat, coat-tail rider of JFK, Hero of chappaquiddick, drunk, enabler of rapists, cosponsor of No Child Left Behind, warrior against individualism, sand in the political gears. Rest assured, your compatriots will name the health care bill after you to further attempt to ramrod it and stifle any opposition.

Major news about a politician. It should have been in the political subforum, if we're going to sequester that all off to spare the eyes of the poor, fragile non-political posters.

Rest in peace, Teddy, son of a prohibition bootlegger, Harvard exam cheat, dedicated nepocrat, coat-tail rider of JFK, Hero of chappaquiddick, drunk, enabler of rapists, cosponsor of No Child Left Behind, warrior against individualism, sand in the political gears. Rest assured, your compatriots will name the health care bill after you to further attempt to ramrod it and stifle any opposition.
I just lost the respect I held for you.

Are you going to drive to MA and dance on his grave after he is buried?

Look, I chose to put it here because it was about a man who died that was a politician. It's no different than when Michael Jackson died- that doesn't go in Media Madness.

All of you who are turning this into a big political bitch fest make me a little sad. A man who spent his life serving society even after his brothers had been assassinated has passed away.

Go ahead though. Be petty. it shows your colors.

C

Cuyval Dar

It's sad - not too many politicians really fought as hard for people as he did.

And maybe the news will shut up about Michael Jackson for a while. I doubt that, though.
Did it get changed? Because if so, that basically allows Massachusetts to give the Senate seat to someone who will rollover for the next Kennedy. I really wish that whole family would die and go away.

GasBandit

Staff member
I just lost the respect I held for you.

Are you going to drive to MA and dance on his grave after he is buried?
Look through this scanning/tunneling electron microscope and you can see something that is about the size of my care for the respect you or any other forumgoer holds for me. No, I won't be dancing on his grave, I'll be one of the millions trying for generations to undo the damage he has wrought on this country, which leaves too little time for such fleeting indulgences.

Look, I chose to put it here because it was about a man who died that was a politician. It's no different than when Michael Jackson died- that doesn't go in Media Madness.

All of you who are turning this into a big political bitch fest make me a little sad. A man who spent his life serving society even after his brothers had been assassinated has passed away.

Go ahead though. Be petty. it shows your colors.
That you equate Michael Jackson and Ted Kennedy goes far to illustrate the inanity and immaturity of your political thought process. "They say the evil that men do lives after them, and the good is interred with their bones," ... Teddy's going to be lonely in there.

I really wish that whole family would die and go away.
Well, given the mortal condition, it's an inevitability, but only after the damage has been done. I'm just glad we dodged the bullet when Teddy tried to foist his neice upon us.

That you go so far to continue your trolling Gas shows just how immature you are as a person. Are you so upset people don't frequent your threads anymore?

Dave

Staff member
Son of a prohibition bootlegger
Sins of the father? Really? Weak, weak, weak.

Harvard exam cheat
Yup. Expelled when he was a freshman. But readmitted later and finished distinguished. Imagine that. Someone cheating in college. Oh, and someone learning from their mistakes.

Dedicated nepocrat
Strawman.

Coat-tail rider of JFK
Strawman the Sequel.

Hero of chappaquiddick
1969. Guy has an accident while driving drunk and panics. Gets charged & pays for it. Yes, I think the punishment was light. That's his fault how?

NOBODY in Washington drinks. Nobody. He's the only one.

Enabler of rapists
Agree with you that he went overboard trying to protect his nephew from this.

Cosponsor of No Child Left Behind
The bill proposed by Bush and voted overwhelmingly by both Democrats and Republicans in the Senate and House? That bill? Bad, Ted! Bad bipartisan guy!

Warrior against individualism
Strawman III - Rise of the GasBandit Idiocy!

Sand in the political gears
*pfaw* You say that like it's a bad thing.

Pretty weak, Gas. All around pretty weak. Dude served 9 terms as a Senator and that's all you got?

C

Cuyval Dar

That you go so far to continue your trolling Gas shows just how immature you are as a person. Are you so upset people don't frequent your threads anymore?
No, I believe that he enjoys the fact that only people who have a genuine interest in politics post in his threads.

I really have no clue why anyone here ever replies to anything gasbandit posts.

And this definitely isn't subforum material. It's gonna be front page news on most websites and papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.