[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

It was also right side up in the same exact spot on the floor, completely unsecured, until the final crash. Didn't bounce around or anything - which would have either broken the glass, or whatever it hit if it was magical cockpit glass.
Pffftt... magnets, obviously...

But i think you, and most people, tend to forget that SW isn't even soft SF, it's space fantasy. Tech that makes sense is the exception, not the rule.

So this is the place to talk about The Mandalorian right?

I will try to keep clear of major spoilers, but I am going to talk about one light spoiler, which is the explanation over Din's whole helmet creed.

We finally got to see Din standing beside other Mandos that were not part of his clan, and much like in Clone Wars, they were perfectly happy to remove their helmets. It's revealed that Din was unknowingly a member of a splinter faction that left Mandalore long ago, one that follows the ancient ways of the Mandalore, and in which one of the tenants it to never remove your helmet around others. When I heard this, and saw Din fighting alongside the Mandos with their own armor, something really clicked with me. The other Mandos (Nite Owls) are wearing more, I guess you can say, "modern" combat attire with high mobility. Thinner platting, sleeker helms, no overarching ornamentation, with the only designs being clan based paint jobs, almost like face paint. To go along with the fact they are soldier gear, the helmets are the same shape for each gender, like a standard uniform, like a modern combat unit. Din, by contrast, has more bulky, heavy, and ornate armor, inset with leathers and a small cloak, and has it's own look that is unique from other Mandalorians.

So what am I getting at? Din is basically a "Mandalorian Knight". His armor is basically Beskar Plate Mail.

When he starts out he has barely anything (Squire), only the helmet and doing odd jobs to protect his people, but through his actions he was given a full suit of armor all his own (Knight). He is to carry out a quest, but takes someone else under his charge. As everything happens, he returns and earns his signet (Crest), thus making him the leader of a "Clan of 2" (Lordship). He is now on a quest that honor dictates he must carry out at all costs.

Even going back to the old episodes, I didn't even notice the styles of The Armorer with her ornate helmet, fur cowl, and such, which gives it a very medieval vibe. It's all clicking together.

I think it's funny that he basically got told that he was part of the loony bin religious crazies.
He got saved by Death Watch as a kid, which explains a lot really. This whole "Children of the Watch" thing just sounds like an extension of that. So yes, he wasn't just raised by religious crazies, but an active terror cell. Watch Clone Wars for more info, especially the finale episodes.

He got saved by Death Watch as a kid, which explains a lot really. This whole "Children of the Watch" thing just sounds like an extension of that. So yes, he wasn't just raised by religious crazies, but an active terror cell. Watch Clone Wars for more info, especially the finale episodes.
While I agree he was likely saved by Death Watch, I don't think the enclave he was a part of was specifically "Death Watch". My best guess is that after he was saved, since he was a "Foundling", they sent him off to the enclave, which is more like a sort of "Mandalorian Monastery" to be protected and raised. Since it's a monastery, they likely follow even stricter religious edicts then the outside members, and maybe through time and character you "earn" the right to remove your helmet among others. This is why Bo didn't say he was Death Watch, but instead a member of the "Children of the Watch", they were religious crazies WITHIN a possible terror cell.

Due to the Purge, the enclave had to draw itself even more insular, and no member was able to follow the proper rites to remove their helmet, thus The Armorer stuck to the old ways she knew and did what she could to set Din on his path to earn his rites.

Gods help me, or maybe not, they seem to be a bunch off assholes, but I might watch live TV night.

Sammy and Dean deserve my attention. Damn what a ride, what a cast and everybody just seemed to be having a ball.

Last edited:
The Mandalorian is on point this season. 4 episodes in and there hasn't been even a mediocre one in the bunch.
And please tell me those are Dark Troopers at the end there.

Animaniacs.
Pinky just Leroy Jenkins'ed.
My life is complete.
My son and I are watching right now. It's pretty dang good. Still a good mix of silly humor and jokes that fly over kids heads.
Pinky's comment about not being polite to say what people really use the internet for gave me a good laugh.

My son and I are watching right now. It's pretty dang good. Still a good mix of silly humor and jokes that fly over kids heads.
Pinky's comment about not being polite to say what people really use the internet for gave me a good laugh.
There seems to be more emphasis on butts in these new episodes than i remember the series ever having. Also many of the new human designs have some Ren and Stimpy influences (especially the butt thing).

There seems to be more emphasis on butts in these new episodes than i remember the series ever having. Also many of the new human designs have some Ren and Stimpy influences (especially the butt thing).
Saw some clips and the design of the human characters really looks like a mix of Warner Bros and Ren and Stimpy.

I read the synopsis of the latest episode of Star Trek Discovery because it had the fucking gall to name itself a sequel to a generally good TNG two-parter (where of course the first part is better than the second because that's just how they all are).

Short statement: lol fuck this shit.

Slightly longer statement: I'm extremely glad I gave up watching Star Trek now for sure. What a stupid asshole of a TV show.

Dave

Staff member
Apparently they have cancelled The Expanse, although they are letting them complete the 6th season before they do so. Which sucks because season 6 is supposed to be about The Churn and the
attack on Earth.

So no matter what they do there's not going to be any sort of resolution.

Apparently they have cancelled The Expanse, although they are letting them complete the 6th season before they do so. Which sucks because season 6 is supposed to be about The Churn and the
attack on Earth.

So no matter what they do there's not going to be any sort of resolution.
WTF Bezos... isn't this whole "have to order stuff online because of the pandemic" year great for Amazon, meaning you can afford to lose a little on a vanity project?

Oh well, i guess B5 will still maintain it's place as #1 SF show.

Well that's stupid... just kill him off if he's done something, it's not like he's the main character like Spacey was.

Mando.

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG!

I guess he will end up One SLAVE to Boba.