[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

I mean, they're rockets and he has a ship full of weapons. He probably has a box of them.

I'm waiting for a stray shot to peg one of those and just blow the top half of some shmuck Mandalorian up at some point in the show.

I fucking HATED Bill Burr the first time he showed up on the Mandalorian. Hated it. He dragged me kicking and screaming right out of my immersion.

This time though, he did a fucking good job and I bought 100% of what he was conveying. Good job Mandalorian folks.

I fucking HATED Bill Burr the first time he showed up on the Mandalorian. Hated it. He dragged me kicking and screaming right out of my immersion.

This time though, he did a fucking good job and I bought 100% of what he was conveying. Good job Mandalorian folks.
Burr wasn't the worst thing in that first episode of his. The two Twileks were overdoing it way too much.

I haven't watched Mandalorian yet, except for the first episode. But it seems that Star Wars is best as a series in a half hour to full hour per episode format.

I'm just here playing chicken with this thread because I'm not gonna be able to watch it for a day or two and because it's a thrill that I spoil myself.

I haven't watched Mandalorian yet, except for the first episode. But it seems that Star Wars is best as a series in a half hour to full hour per episode format.
I think it has a lot to do with who is in charge. The latest trilogy just lacked a clear vision of what it should be from start to end, and I don’t think had someone in charge who truly knew and loved the Star Wars universe to guide it.
The movies do lack the time to really flesh out the characters though. I was never much of a Star Wars fan until I watched he The Clone Wars. The characters all felt boring and hollow.

I thought they had established when this series took place in the Star Wars timeline during the first season?

In any case,
Also,
I had really hoped that it would be Mace that would show up, but knew that wasn’t likely.

I thought Mace was dead by this point? When they had Grogu reach out 2 episodes back, we (as in my household) pointed out the only Jedi we could think of at the point in time was Ashoka, Ezra, or Luke. Or possbily Rowan? I'm still haven't seen the end of Freemaker yet.

I thought they had established when this series took place in the Star Wars timeline during the first season?

In any case,

I thought Mace was dead by this point? When they had Grogu reach out 2 episodes back, we (as in my household) pointed out the only Jedi we could think of at the point in time was Ashoka, Ezra, or Luke. Or possbily Rowan? I'm still haven't seen the end of Freemaker yet.
I don’t think they’ve ever definitively said he’s dead at any point. He was thrown out the window in episode 3, but jedis are like cats. They always seem to land on their feet.

There is an on-going theory that Mace Windu didn't die during his fight with the Emperor, because we never see his body. It's mostly wishful thinking.

My two cents? It should have been Ezra or maybe even Kyle Katarn.

Character-wise, I doubt Mace Windu would have kept himself hidden all this time. But then again, Yoda did. It's Star Wars, so they could justify anything... oh, hey there, Boba!

I think Ezra or Kyle would have been more budget-friendly, but part of me is excited they put in the extra $$$ to bring in the big gun. There was a lot of cheering here.

There is an on-going theory that Mace Windu didn't die during his fight with the Emperor, because we never see his body. It's mostly wishful thinking.

My two cents? It should have been Ezra or maybe even Kyle Katarn.
My guess is Ezra will be saved for the Ashoka series.

Cal Kestis would have been another possibility for the Jedi, especially since his character's appearance is based on Cameron Monaghan, so they'd just have to age him up for Mandalorian.

Cere Junda saved a group of younglings. So she could have been the one to save Grogu during Order 66.

Welp, finished the finale. What utter, tripe, bullshit. There was one particular thing I loved about The Mandalorian (I'll say in the spoilers) and they shat all over that. If there's more of that in Season 3, I'm out. I'm already pissed enough I don't think I'll bother.

See, the one thing I liked about the show is it was entirely separate from the Skywalker saga movies. It's a big universe. There's absolutely no reason why literally everything has to tie back to the Skywalkers. But no. They can't even do that. They have to have a fucking cameo with Mark Hamil, with some the worst - even by TV standards - de-aging effects. I was so angry at his appearance that I didn't even care about Grogu's send-off.

I barely minded tying it in with The Clone Wars cartoon because they didn't really explain why the Dark Saber was so important. I didn't even know Bo Katan was in the original cartoon. I didn't give a shit about Boba Fett coming back and I sure as hell don't give a shit about his teased spin-off.

GasBandit

Staff member
Great series, great finale. I'm interested in what was teased post-credits, too.

I would have preferred if they cast Sebastian Stan instead of using the deep fake.
That picture going around of Stan as Luke was already altered to look more like Luke, so it's kind of already a deepfake.

Welp, finished the finale. What utter, tripe, bullshit. There was one particular thing I loved about The Mandalorian (I'll say in the spoilers) and they shat all over that. If there's more of that in Season 3, I'm out. I'm already pissed enough I don't think I'll bother.

See, the one thing I liked about the show is it was entirely separate from the Skywalker saga movies. It's a big universe. There's absolutely no reason why literally everything has to tie back to the Skywalkers. But no. They can't even do that. They have to have a fucking cameo with Mark Hamil, with some the worst - even by TV standards - de-aging effects. I was so angry at his appearance that I didn't even care about Grogu's send-off.

I barely minded tying it in with The Clone Wars cartoon because they didn't really explain why the Dark Saber was so important. I didn't even know Bo Katan was in the original cartoon. I didn't give a shit about Boba Fett coming back and I sure as hell don't give a shit about his teased spin-off.
I totally get your feelings on Luke showing up. I'd rather they would have left it with Ahsoka saying "He's too attached, it turned out poorly with the last Jedi with attachment issues, he can't become a Jedi." and then Grogu becomes a Mandalorian when he grows up. Leave the Jedi stuff alone and focus on Mandalorians (there is a lot of Mandalorian history and culture to fill out multiple storylines).

I doubt they'd have de-aged Mark Hamill show up a lot, so I'm guessing Luke is going to discover the same thing, maybe give him a little training to learn control, then he'll be back with Dad. Maybe as a couple training scenes here and there to keep up with where Grogu is at while Din deals with being the new Mand'alor. I don't see how Grogu could stay with Luke, unless they're going to ignore the sequels exist. (Not a bad idea...) Unless they're going to follow through with Grogu getting killed with the rest of the students by Kylo Ren in the future, which would suck. Of course, if that had happened, Kylo wouldn't be around for long and there wouldn't have been any sequels, because Din would have hunted him down and murderized him!

I am thankful that I have mostly enjoyed all the Star Wars movies and shows. If I ever question if I could come up with something better than I just pull out my FFG Star Wars RPG books and write an adventure.

I've mentioned before we are binging Rebels and Clone Wars because I watched them sporadically and my husband and son didn't see them originally. I also already know how Rebels ends.
Last night, after watching The Mandalorian and scanning the internet for discussions/analysis, Mr.
Z asks me,
"Hey, how come when everyone is speculating on what Jedi could show up, no one mentions Kanaan?"

"...they probably forgot." :ninja: