[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

We tried to watch Kim Jeong's special on Netflix. It was terrible. We quit 10 min in. Should have stopped it after the Ho bit. He's not a standup.
There are certain people I think are very funny but who I just instinctively know I won't like their stand up. Ken Jeong is one of those people. Other examples off the top of my head: Harland Williams, Craig Robinson, Rob Riggle.

Titans and Doom Patrol are both REALLY good, honestly the best live action DC dramas I've seen in a while, plus Alan Tudyk as Mr.Nobody is GENIUS casting! I KINDA feel the swearing in Titans isn't needed, but that's a minor gripe.

fade

Staff member
Got caught up on The Orville, and the Kalon twist drove me absolutely nuts. It’s not that it wasn’t good, but it’s similar to something I had just written for my tabletop game.
I had the same reaction when I saw Into the Spider-verse, and saw the shot of Miles running across the window from inside the office. I had storyboarded out that exact scene, down to the reactions, for a superhero animation I was trying.

Dave

Staff member
Well there's no way I'm paying for another streaming service. Guess I'll have to wait or get out the eye patch.

I'm kind of surprised you don't have Amazon Prime, just because I know you spend time watching people on Twitch.

Dave

Staff member
I'm kind of surprised you don't have Amazon Prime, just because I know you spend time watching people on Twitch.
After the wage garnishment started back up I got rid of my Prime as well as any other stuff that just wasn't worth the expense.

Reactions: Dei
That is true, plus the whole "Classic super team with a twist" has been done in dramas and comedies a bunch before, this series not necessarily better or worse in doing it but kinda the same. I like the Umbrella Academy I do, but maybe it could use a LITTLE more spice?

The comic is a lot better right?

That is true, plus the whole "Classic super team with a twist" has been done in dramas and comedies a bunch before, this series not necessarily better or worse in doing it but kinda the same. I like the Umbrella Academy I do, but maybe it could use a LITTLE more spice?

The comic is a lot better right?
The comic is definitely weirder, which I mean as a compliment. I recommend it highly, but I see why they grounded the show a bit. The comic would have been too much in any other medium.

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh my GOD!

Welp, guess I know what I'm adding to MY torrent RSS scraper.

Edit HA HA OH WAIT I ALREADY DID because the overzealous HBO copyright brigade was the final straw that spurred me into getting a seedbox in the first place!

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
Guys! GUYS! Why did you not tell me about some of the beautiful things in The Tick?

Like Tinfoil Kevin. Recognize him? Look him up on IMDB then look at what else he played. Then look back at his name of TINFOIL KEVIN!!

And the Tick himself? Played the British/Italian spy Aldo in the movie "Spy". The Terror? Rorschach.

My only complaint about this show is that the episodes are 1/2 hour long instead of an hour.

Guys! GUYS! Why did you not tell me about some of the beautiful things in The Tick?

Like Tinfoil Kevin. Recognize him? Look him up on IMDB then look at what else he played. Then look back at his name of TINFOIL KEVIN!!

And the Tick himself? Played the British/Italian spy Aldo in the movie "Spy". The Terror? Rorschach.

My only complaint about this show is that the episodes are 1/2 hour long instead of an hour.
Or Arthur's dad, I mean stepdad? The Shredder. Well one of them.

figmentPez

Staff member
His list is hundreds of credits long, and I'm having a real hard time focusing because of depression. I can't figure it out other than that he played Buzz in Home Alone, and had a couple characters named Kevin on shows I'm not familiar with.

Dave

Staff member
His list is hundreds of credits long, and I'm having a real hard time focusing because of depression. I can't figure it out other than that he played Buzz in Home Alone, and had a couple characters named Kevin on shows I'm not familiar with.
Yeah, it's the Home Alone thing.

Watching this Netflix show about WOW called the Guild and these people are the worst ever. How has this one women not lost her kids?